It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.C.E held american citizen for three years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

It also says that he was detained under a sweep started in 2008, which was under Bush. By the time Obama's admin got around to dealing with him he was already in ICE custody and having his pleas actively ignored. Your attempt to hold Obama accountable for something that was clearly Bush' fault is noted for the partisanism it is.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

The fact they were detained in the first place is the problem. How can you not see that?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Like I just told Tory, the program he was swept up in was started under Bush. The article clearly talks about how his paperwork was being robo-stamped by people not cross checking it, so that was a bureaucracy failure. Bush kick started this whole debacle though by putting him there in the first place. Seriously, blame Bush when he needs it! Not everything is Obama's fault.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It also says that he was detained under a sweep started in 2008, which was under Bush. By the time Obama's admin got around to dealing with him he was already in ICE custody and having his pleas actively ignored. Your attempt to hold Obama accountable for something that was clearly Bush' fault is noted for the partisanism it is.

Note this statement.

Damn. Justice failed this man. Expect more and more cases like this to appear under Trump's Presidency. They've clearly made it a point to not care about nuance of detaining "illegals".

Your double-standards are second to none

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There are no double standards. ICE has severely relaxed their detainment procedures under Trump. This is a statement of fact. The looser the standards, the more mistakes. Also a fact. You can pretend it is partisanship because I don't like Trump, but the things I have stated have happened and are happening. They are facts that you can look up yourself. I even helped you get started with a source linked in that VERY post you are quoting.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nowhere am I blaming Obama for this. If you'll check my history you'll see that I'm one of the few users on here that actually liked Obama. However, to act like a similar occurrence may not have happened under the Obama administration ignores the fact that ICE was pretty much given free rein.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There are no double standards. ICE has severely relaxed their detainment procedures under Trump. This is a statement of fact. The looser the standards, the more mistakes. Also a fact. You can pretend it is partisanship because I don't like Trump, but the things I have stated have happened and are happening. They are facts that you can look up yourself. I even helped you get started with a source linked in that VERY post you are quoting.

No I'm talking about your criticisms that my "attempt to hold Obama accountable for something that was clearly Bush' fault is noted for the partisanism it is" is a clear double-standard given your attempt to bring Trump into it. See, the only standards you have are double standards.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: blackthorne

Damn. Justice failed this man. Expect more and more cases like this to appear under Trump's Presidency. They've clearly made it a point to not care about nuance of detaining "illegals".

Just google "ice detains citizens" and read the results. It isn't pretty.
Two-thirds of arrests from ICE roundup are legal US citizens

"Project New Dawn," a part of ICE's "Operation Community Shield" program that targeted street gangs between March 26 and May 6, led to the arrests of 1,378 people nationwide who authorities say are involved in "transnational criminal activity, including drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, human smuggling and sex trafficking, murder and racketeering." Of those arrested, 933 are U.S. citizens. The other 445 people arrested during the program are from 21 different countries. Of those 445, 280 were arrested on administrative immigration violations, meaning their only known crime was being in the country illegally. So out of 1,378 alleged gangbangers busted during the roundup, 165 were illegal immigrants who committed crimes beyond standing on the wrong side of the border.

LOl except that it was all under Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: bananashooter

Under Sheriff Joe the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department had a habit of detaining brown people simple because they didn't have ID on them. What if one of these people ended up in ICE custody? Hell, who's to say that didn't happen?

Just because he was arrested for committing a crime (a crime he never actually stood trial for making him innocent in the eyes of the law) doesn't mean he should lose all of his rights. In fact that's one of those times where a person's rights matter the most.

Just stop it already. That is a state law, and not Sheriff Joe breaking the law. The law here states that you must provide ID to law enforcement upon request while in a public area. I myself was detained at the Kingman police department for 5 hours back in the 90s after a friend and I were stopped walking home from a bar at 2am and I didn't have my wallet on me. Ut wasn't until 6am the next morning that I finally was able to awaken my girlfriend and have her bring my wallet down to the station. It really pisses me off when people like you twist the facts to fit your agenda.

As for the OP...everybody should feel Outrage at this. This should never happen, and itshould get more attention in the media

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Except we have instances where that's not what happened. What about the case (although I'm told this isn't an isolated incident) where a car was pulled over and the passenger was taken in to the station for not having their ID on them while the driver wasn't even given so much as a warning. Last time I checked a cop needed probable cause to pull you over. Also last time I checked having a brown passenger was not probable cause.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That sounds dubious at best. Link? Link to police report? Or is it just another liar on the internet that contends this nonsense?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This crap has become so common, I cannot even rise to the level of outrage any more. Just revulsion.

But I honestly don't know which is worse: The bad behavior of the government thugs... or those who will excuse their bad behavior dependent on the "who" and the "what" of the victim. Especially along partisan lines.

Too many of same folks who will scream "foul" over this will turn a blind eye to the brazen Constitutional violations against the Bundy defendants... and, of course, too many of whom will turn a blind eye to the brazen Constitutional violations of this guy... and on and on... a vicious never-ending circle jerk.

And nothing will change as long as we the people are picking and choosing whose rights should be and will be protected.... and giving the government thugs a free pass on the rest.

It's all or nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Just google "ice detains citizens" and read the results. It isn't pretty.
Two-thirds of arrests from ICE roundup are legal US citizens

"Project New Dawn," a part of ICE's "Operation Community Shield" program that targeted street gangs between March 26 and May 6, led to the arrests of 1,378 people nationwide who authorities say are involved in "transnational criminal activity, including drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, human smuggling and sex trafficking, murder and racketeering." Of those arrested, 933 are U.S. citizens. The other 445 people arrested during the program are from 21 different countries. Of those 445, 280 were arrested on administrative immigration violations, meaning their only known crime was being in the country illegally. So out of 1,378 alleged gangbangers busted during the roundup, 165 were illegal immigrants who committed crimes beyond standing on the wrong side of the border.

LOl except that it was all under Obama.

It was under Bush...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying that Obama didn't oversee any failures in ICE deportations or anything. He certainly did. How else did he break records for deportations? It's just that this particular case wasn't Obama's fault.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Trump is our current President and he is currently trying to ramp up deportations. His actions in regards to ICE are very pertinent to the conversation. I realize that you may not like to hear stuff that paints him in a bad light, but I really don't care.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Trump is our current President and he is currently trying to ramp up deportations. His actions in regards to ICE are very pertinent to the conversation. I realize that you may not like to hear stuff that paints him in a bad light, but I really don't care.

But you care when someone does it to Obama. Double-standards.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No. I admitted in this VERY thread that poor detainments under Obama occurred too. So try again.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No. I admitted in this VERY thread that poor detainments under Obama occurred too. So try again.

Again, you accused me of playing "partisanism" (not a word), but were guilty of it yourself. Try again.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is really the part that matters:

According to ICE, 1,095 of those arrested were confirmed gang members from gangs like the Bloods, Crips, MS-13 and the Surenos. Crips and Bloods, traditionally black, non-immigrant street gangs, combined for 241 busts, while Hispanic gangs like MS-13 and Surenos had 222 of their members scooped up in the haul. None of the remaining 283 arrests claimed a gang affiliation, ICE said, but they ended up being arrested on "either criminal or administrative charges."

In addition to the alleged gangsters, ICE and its partnering law enforcement agencies seized 238 fire arms, more than $491,000 in cash and a lot of drugs, including 790 ounces of coc aine, 546 ounces of methamphetamine, 113 ounces of heroin and more than an ounce of fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid often mixed with heroin to make it more potent.

What you're ignoring in this initial post of yours is that these citizens were rounded up in a program targeting street gangs, not just illegals. ICE was in partnership with local law enforcement when doing so.

Your attempt to make this seem like it was only ICE arresting people all willy-nilly, regardless of criminal activity or citizenship, is weak at best.

Nowhere in this story that you linked does it say that anyone's civil right were violated during the arrests, nor that any agency acted in violation of the law during the arrests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join