It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump denies 'deal' with Democrats on young immigrants, DACA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
OMG!You don't have any thing else constructive going on in your life than to sit up here all day and create stupid threads that nobody cares about.

Maybe they need the paycheck.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Thank you for substantiating my point.

They can introduce legislation... but --

...It would most likely be difficult to get a Democrat bill passed with a Republican-majority legislature, but it can certainly be proposed.

-- and, yes, the Hastert Rule would be part of that process.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

How can the democrats introduce a bill to Congress for a vote with the Hastert rule?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

How can the democrats introduce a bill to Congress for a vote with the Hastert rule?

Easy peasy... introduce a bill that will garner majority Republican support.

And I do note that's not what you originally said. You said... wait a second and I'll go hunt up your exact words... ah! Here we go:

Democrats can't even introduce legislation...

They can introduce whatever they want -- good or bad. Getting the votes is the problem, not introducing it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No , the speaker of the house decides which legislation goes to committees and to floor for a vote.
edit on 14-9-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No, I don't think so since the strategies are made up in your mind and have no basis in reality. You're thinking just like Trump.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He's driving the media crazy today. They don't know what to think.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

No, I don't think so since the strategies are made up in your mind and have no basis in reality. You're thinking just like Trump.

Whatever you say Professor.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

No , the speaker of the house decides which legislation goes to committees and to floor for a vote.

And that changes what either you or I said how exactly??? It doesn't. And you know it... Hence your need to keep moving the goal posts. You made a blatantly false statement, you were corrected. It is what it is.

But just for kicks and giggles, let me know if you come across a case -- past, present or future -- where a Dem congress critter introduces a bill that garners majority Republican support in which the Speaker refuses to honor the Hastert Rule... and I'll be happy to discuss the reality of the situation and all its whys and wherefores.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Exactly. Democrats can't rescue the Republicans this time. It's all up to Republicans.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That doesn't even make any sense to me.

But okay. Whatever.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

OMG!You don't have any thing else constructive going on in your life than to sit up here all day and create stupid threads that nobody cares about.

Maybe they need the paycheck.

It's obvious, MY GOD! I Don't think in ats history has there ever been a person, who averages creating 50 to 3,000 threads less than 5 hours..every single day...about the same damn thing, it's disturbing. What did Hillary and the Dems do to deserve this?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

They all think the same way, no morals no integrity and no class..every last one of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It's obvious, MY GOD! I Don't think in ats history has there ever been a person, who averages creating 50 to 3,000 threads less than 5 hours..every single day...about the same damn thing, it's disturbing. What did Hillary and the Dems do to deserve this?

Hmm a lot of people are not who they seem to be and you can never guess their ultimate game.

I am not saying that's the case with the op maybe they just really love to post a prolific amounts of almost tabloid level spam.

But man they sure have a style,consistency, and volume to how they post that makes me wonder.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Hmm a lot of people are not who they seem to be and you can never guess their ultimate game.

I am not saying that's the case with the op maybe they just really love to post a prolific amounts of almost tabloid level spam.

But man they sure have a style, consistency, and volume to how they post that makes me wonder.
Ohhhh, I see.Who do you think they get their pay check from, Donald or ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The thread is about the Republican president turning to the democrats. The democrats are a minority party under the Hastert rule. The democrats can't help him. Only the Republicans can pass legislation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join