It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Public Schools Are Brainwashing Students with Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

I know the Courts decision. I also know stars mean everything here.
edit on 14-9-2017 by AngelicIRage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage

I know the Courts decision.

That's not what I asked. I asked you if you read the decision.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I know the Courts decision.

I'll help you out a little... Something interesting to consider.

[t]he Meyer and Pierce cases, we think, evince the principle that the state cannot prevent parents from choosing a specific educational program-whether it be religious instruction at a private school or instruction in a foreign language. That is, the state does not have the power to “standardize its children” or “foster a homogenous people” by completely foreclosing the opportunity of individuals and groups to choose a different path of education. We do not think, however, that this freedom encompasses a fundamental constitutional right to dictate the curriculum at the public school to which they have chosen to send their children. We think it is fundamentally different for the state to say to a parent, “You can't teach your child German or send him to a parochial school,” than for the parent to say to the state, “You can't teach my child subjects that are morally offensive to me.” The first instance involves the state proscribing parents from educating their children, while the second involves parents prescribing what the state shall teach their children. If all parents had a fundamental constitutional right to dictate individually what the schools teach their children, the schools would be forced to cater a curriculum for each student whose parents had genuine moral disagreements with the school's choice of subject matter. We cannot see that the Constitution imposes such a burden on state educational systems, and accordingly find that the rights of parents as described by Meyer and Pierce do not encompass a broad-based right to restrict the flow of information in the public schools.

Fields v. Palmdale

Context is much better

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelicIRage

I grew up, and remain a Christian.

School was hell, but not because there was information there which countered some passages in the Bible, not because the curriculum was against my faith (which it was not, nor is science, nor are any of the things the oxymoron which is the Christian Conservative tends to get aggressive about), or because the biological process by which I was conceived was a secret only to be discovered upon first, witless fumble upon the night of my inevitable wedding to some equally clueless zealot.

If the information had been accessible, without having to be surrounded by the ignorant, psychotic, drugged up bastards that were my "classmates", school would have been FINE. Information is good, access to it crucial, and the ability to question ones upbringing essential. Though my own upbringing was far from ideal, I know that at least one of my parents loved me, and I had my faith to guide me through it. No amount of interest in the sciences or philosophy has ever changed my faith, or even remotely threatened it in any way.

If what you have is faith, not indoctrination into a toxic congregation, controlled from the pulpit by a flawed human being with delusions of their own importance, then NOTHING threatens it, because faith is strong. Everything less than that is weak. If you need your child to stay home so that the bubble of falsehood you erect around them is not threatened, then you are bringing your child up wrong, and in the wrong church. Its pretty damned simple when you cut the lies and the nonsense out of the equation.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I answered you. What's your point. Because I know we wont agree, so i'm avoiding any confrontation out of politeness. I know where you're attempting to take this.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's less painful that way...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I answered you.

Not really, but ok.

What's your point. Because I know we wont agree, so i'm avoiding any confrontation out of politeness. I know where you're attempting to take this.

If you're looking for an echo chamber then maybe the internet isn't for you. As far as where you think I'm attempting to take this I don't really know, seeing how I just engaged you in discussion. I was simply asking if you'd read the courts decision. Where it went from there would've decided where I would've taken it. I didn't really have a preconceived path.
edit on 14-9-2017 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think schools should be involved with teaching students how to gather and process information for themselves.

Not what to think but how to think. Today, we have too much social engineering which is what to think. Educating children about certain topics is not teaching them how to think about them and come to their own conclusions, it's about teaching them what to think about them without teaching them the tools to construct their own objective beliefs and opinions on topics.

In other words, we do not teach critical thinking and logic. It's mostly all emotion-based and precious little deduction or induction.

Of course, taking the second course is dangerous in the eyes of the social engineers because it means you will end up with a diversity of opinion, and today it's all about looking/acting diverse without actually thinking or believing that way.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelicIRage

So, just to be clear, you do not like the damage that GD21D's bringing up the court rulings in related matters does, to your argument, and so you refuse to engage with that poster on the grounds they have utterly banjaxed your entire argument?

Lovely. Nice to know for the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I thank you for conversing and debating with me about this. I have to go and care for my sick Father now, which is what I do most of my free time.

No hard feelings, sometimes life is despondent, but like everyone I just carry on.
Enjoy your week

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Like some people on this forum. Curious and willing to question authority.

Well, that makes one of us. I found that listening to my wife (the 'authority') keeps me from all types of mental anguish.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's less painful that way...

I agree. If people knew I had an IQ of 102 and was mega smart they make expect more intellectual and introspective posts than I am currently prepared to provide.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So do something about it. Stop crying victim. If a system is broken either jump in it and fix it, or jump out.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Now you're making me fight my programming to make insulting jokes...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm surprised you aren't trying to give me The Gay since we all know teaching transgenderism is part of the public school agenda.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Check your summer reading list.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yup, I see it, I am Jazz 2: Comet Ping Pong Here We Come is now on my reading list. You people have no limits.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Also:

To Milo or Not to Milo: A New Gay For a MAGA World

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'll get to that one right after We're Coming for your Children and your Statues: The Liberal Agenda Becomes Manifest.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yup, I see it, I am Jazz 2: Comet Ping Pong Here We Come is now on my reading list. You people have no limits.

Thanks for making me scare my cat because I laughed out loud so hard after reading that post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join