It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard a voice coming from my laptop!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Well if thats what it was, both replies say an ad, but there was def no ad showing.

The fact that it stopped when i leaned forward has me thinking otherwise...
Plus it was so low and the volume is at 100%???

The ad can be in the background. Does it to me. Just close out the window.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

People here are blowing you off, but I'm taking your problem seriously.

It is common knowledge that cameras and microphones are being hacked. Even baby monitors are being commandeered by creeps.

Cover your cameras. I'm not sure how to address the mike issue. I, personally, am very careful about what I say when my phone is around.

This is a horrid way to live, but it's our new reality in the age of tech.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Next time, close out the internet browser(s)...that's the only way to know if the sounds are coming from the browser itself. Just because there isn't a video or ad visually playing doesn't mean that a page can't be making a sound play.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I agree with TerryDon79, you know though if you are close enough to old style radio system's etc your laptop speaker can in some extreme circumstance actually act like a radio receiver, by that I mean the wires leading to it though they are usually very short it can still happen.

Those of us whom are older will remember having very long wires to our hi fi speakers back in the 80's and even when turned off being able to hear some interference coming from the speakers which probably originated from our neighbors CB radio - most usually AM sets were the culprits and could make watching TV impossible as well.

It is not the most likely explanation but it can and does happen on occasion, usually the interference is very low though and it become's more likely the longer the wire - circuit path connecting the speaker and the closer the proximity to an AM - amplitude modulated radio source ALSO you know when you have a noisy badly wired light switch or a low quality electrical device nearby and when you switch it on you hear a burst of crackle or just a click or pop on your speaker - same as that but in that case it is the white noise created by an arcing discharge producing a radio frequency burst.

Ha, if it start's talking Latin or Greek though get it down to the local padre and have it blessed.

edit on 14-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey Cortana, what is that voice I keep hearing on my laptop?

"Why it's me silly. haha. I'm always here."

Ask Cortana to make you a sammich?

"Nope!"

horrible woman she is....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am getting flamed for something that a scientist at NYU did in the 1960's.

Now you know how the Masons feel.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

I happen to perform electronic exorcisms only 39 low low payments $49.95.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

I happen to perform electronic exorcisms only 39 low low payments $49.95.

I get mine done from China, only $2.09 and if you get them wholesale, they're $0.29 cents a pop.

shocking delivery time though, my house is a complete disaster hole in the ground by time I get one.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

OK off on a tangent but what would be the potential quantum processing implication's if we COULD have an entity possess a computer, if we could then use the computer to possess the entity and to turn it into a quantum processing node of some kind.

A Central Possessing Unit?.

Hey joking aside who know's were quantum technology will eventually go.

edit on 14-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

OK off on a tangent but what would be the potential quantum processing implication's if we COULD have an entity possess a computer, if we could then use the computer to possess the entity and to turn it into a quantum processing node of some kind.

A Central Possessing Unit?.

Hey joking aside who know's were quantum technology will eventually go.

I'm of the opinion that the military has already crossed this line and, likely, significantly surpassed it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

Aren't you married?

It's what she keeps telling everyone.
...and it's starting to get embarrassing.

edit on 14-9-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

People here are blowing you off, but I'm taking your problem seriously.

It is common knowledge that cameras and microphones are being hacked. Even baby monitors are being commandeered by creeps.

Cover your cameras. I'm not sure how to address the mike issue. I, personally, am very careful about what I say when my phone is around.

This is a horrid way to live, but it's our new reality in the age of tech.

You can disable the device by removing the device drivers or simply disabling them. Wireshark is a good application to get. It lets you see what's going through your Internet tubes as well as record IP addresses. Then you can use "dnsstuff.com" to do a whois on anything you don't recognise.

You don't want to end up a victim of CerealKiller (who trolls people via their webcams):

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I would say an ad.

Would cellphone do it? Or landline maybe. I've had people driving by before talking on phone and its bleed over to my computer before but that hasn't happened in very, very, long time.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am getting flamed for something that a scientist at NYU did in the 1960's.

Now you know how the Masons feel.

I already knew that.
I am no longer active, but made it through the 32nd.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I already knew that.

Almost high-level enough. That's where we show people the picture of Baphomet but don't actually let them meet him in person.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You look like a nice boy, i make you special price one time only. $39.95, plus tax, transfer and aministration fees, special licensing, title and legal fees. Do we have a deal?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I already knew that.

Almost high-level enough. That's where we show people the picture of Baphomet but don't actually let them meet him in person.

Really? Dang. I bet that's disappointing for them after all that work! Not even if Baph is hungry for souls???

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Really? Dang. I bet that's disappointing for them after all that work! Not even if Baph is hungry for souls???

They still get to pet the goat.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I have had this happen before. It took me hours to find out where it came from. It wasn't until I was shutting down my computer that it appeared in an open, separate browser window.

Now when this happens I know to shut down my computer and close all self opening browsers and windows.

Some of the ads here can be quite intrusive.

edit on 14-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Mobile madness.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I already knew that.

BTW...Thank you for getting Baphomet to autograph my copy of Hillary's new book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join