It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason #9234212342134 why you should not vote Republican - Example: Equifax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: thesaneone

And do they say that they will make whole those who are injured?

Of course not.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

So. I might expect a letter saying "oopsy."

That's comforting.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
No, I'm the plumber.

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Please see when this account was registered. I was on this board before it became a right wing cesspool.

originally posted by: JinMI

More like an account for common sense.

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Not a troll account. But an account created to laugh at right wingers who are too stupid to understand their stupidity.

So.....a troll account. Glad you can admit it.

I have a question then. Why don't you post under your common account? What are you afraid of?

Seems if you had any truth to speak or as you stated, common sense, you wouldn't need to hide.

Then you must be the remnants of a Leftist turd floating in the cesspool then eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They waived the arbitration clause because people complained about it and told them to F off. I would not have enrolled if it was still in effect.

So, is that why, when you enroll, you say that you agree to arbitration?

The lawyers are loving this. Can you say "class action?"

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So. I might expect a letter saying "oopsy."

That's comforting.

Isn't it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yawn, you bore me.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

They waived the arbitration clause because people complained about it and told them to F off. I would not have enrolled if it was still in effect.

So, is that why, when you enroll, you say that you agree to arbitration?

The lawyers are loving this. Can you say "class action?"

I still wouldn't enroll, your just asking for more trouble.

This hack was 9 years in the making.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe you should go find your alpha male and stop
Pushing your agenda, you seem like a nazi. reply to: SeekingAlpha

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I'm sure you spent a lot of effort in this post,lol what a foolish rant,nothing factual only your 2 cents,and I feel short changed

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Lol.

Not the sharpest knife in drawer, are we.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

come the # on....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Keep trying Russian bot. LOL!

originally posted by: thesaneone

Get educated on this before speaking. Thanks for playing.

BWAAAAA 😂

Maybe moby can be my educator as well yours.

You got me, I'm a bot. Beep bop boop.

Still waiting for you to school me on how it was the republicans fault that the big wigs dumped their stocks right before the leak, but something tells me I'll be waiting a long time, good thing I'm a bot.

Mr. Krabs is a robot...
Krusty , is that you ?
We have ways of making your friend the toaster talk...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So... government regulations written by the Democrats would have stopped computer hackers?

I seem to recall federal employees and the Democrat party being hacked. It was in the news.

Thanks, bye.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
LOL! Wait, you vote right wing and you're accusing someone else for not being smart?!?! LOL!!!!!!!! Kettle = Black.

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Lol.

Not the sharpest knife in drawer, are we.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Didn't even need this breach to tell me the right is the enemy of the average consumer. Remember ENRON and what happened to California in 2000?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

So many of you know that Equifax's database was breached and over 140 million Americans are now vulnerable of ID theft; chances are that some foreign government did this and they got us all by the short and curlies.

Before I go on my political rant, if you have not checked, you should check to see if your information has been breached by going to equifaxsecurity2017.com. They will tell you if your information was "likely" or "not likely" breached.

Now for my political rant. The right wingers have been hell bent on removing regulations and consumer protections for decades. Now, liberal or right wing, 1/2 of all americans will have to deal with this uncertainty of potential ID theft because of this breach. Freezing your credit is the best way to protect yourself; but you will have to pay a fee to the 4 agencies to freeze and eventually unfreeze your credit for something that could have been 100% prevented by Equifax. Worst of all, if the hackers are smart. They would lay low for quite some time and begin to exploit the information they received. Therefore, you may not actually be a victim for years to come. By that time, it will be damn near impossible to trace the ID theft to Equifax and you are going to be left screwed having to clean up the mess with no help coming from Equifax.

This is just one of 1000's of examples why consumer protect is absolutely necessary. We need recourse for events like this, but there are so many right wingers that have been brainwashed to follow the party line that consumer protectionism is not "pro-business." Whether now or later, this is going to prove itself to be a great example of why we need protections.

Like I said above, this was completely avoidable. If you want to piss yourself off, please read this article.

gizmodo.com...

In all seriousness, I don't see how this is any different from the BP oil spill in the gulf. BP was required to set up a fund of billions of dollars to address issues relating to the spill. Equifax needs to do the same and anyone that suffers ID theft can tap into this fund to be made whole.

Wow... I wonder why so many Democrats happily voted to strip away so many protections for the sake of the banking industry. Obama was THE Wall Street President. I wonder if anyone mentioned to him how corrupt Wall Street was?

Someone needed to sit him down and tell him to quit acting like a Republican.

Anyway... S.A., your thesis doesn't even rise to a conflation... "...because this... Republicans!"

do you live in denial or off your meds?

obama bought in regulations to prevent the bankers causing another crash, trump rolled it back.

you have to wonder if some here are genuinely mentally ill or just trolling.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Actually this is an example of nothing, but no one should vote for Republicans. In truth, voting for anyone is a mistake. By way of the process of voting people are just giving cover to the Corporate shill candidates. Don't continue to do that and you stop validating their elections and deprive them of legitimacy and any claim to a mandate.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

well, they do not believe my info was compromised. but i don't do contracts credit cards or loans. just the loan on my house. i have a 790 credit score at the moment. i'm not gonna worry about it. this is third time only using cash has kept me safe.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Point is that barak didnt do squat to stop this. His administration put plenty of new regulations out, he swung and missed on this one.
One more way he failed this country.

I thought the "Free Market" would take care of all this - the good and mightly Capital Corporations wouldn't put their shareholders or customers at risk.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

consumer protect is absolutely necessary

Also worker protection and environmental protection and the Republicans hate those as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join