It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason #9234212342134 why you should not vote Republican - Example: Equifax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Now you see why the GOP has not won the popular vote since 1988.

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
More like an account for common sense.

If you are the standard for common sense then I think I am better off sticking with my uncommon sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Not a troll account. But an account created to laugh at right wingers who are too stupid to understand their stupidity.

So.....a troll account. Glad you can admit it.

I have a question then. Why don't you post under your common account? What are you afraid of?

Seems if you had any truth to speak or as you stated, common sense, you wouldn't need to hide.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ok?

I don't really follow how you got from my last statement to this seeming non sequitur...............but whatever floats your boat.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Please see when this account was registered. I was on this board before it became a right wing cesspool.

Not a troll account. But an account created to laugh at right wingers who are too stupid to understand their stupidity.

I have a question then. Why don't you post under your common account? What are you afraid of?

Seems if you had any truth to speak or as you stated, common sense, you wouldn't need to hide.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I was breached. I've had about 20 friends check as well and all of us were breached. As a matter of fact, I have yet to discuss this with anyone who hasn't been breached.

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

That's what you don't get. Yes, they did that to make it look like their transparent as possible. Just wait until you have to file a claim for their $1 million protection. I bet they will take their chances in court against you rather than have to pay you a dime for being a victim of ID theft. How are you going to prove that your ID theft was caused because of the breach? You can't and you will lose the case if you sued them in court.

Doesn't matter if it was human error or not. The fact of the matter was that this was a catastrophic breach that was 1. preventable and 2. you will have limited path for recourse if you are the victim of ID theft......something that the GOP has been championing on behalf of the credit agencies for quite some time and now you will most likely have to deal with the aftermath and won't have crap to protect you if your information is used. Thanks for playing.

So many of you know that Equifax's database was breached and over 140 million Americans are now vulnerable of ID theft; chances are that some foreign government did this and they got us all by the short and curlies.

Before I go on my political rant, if you have not checked, you should check to see if your information has been breached by going to equifaxsecurity2017.com. They will tell you if your information was "likely" or "not likely" breached.

Now for my political rant. The right wingers have been hell bent on removing regulations and consumer protections for decades. Now, liberal or right wing, 1/2 of all americans will have to deal with this uncertainty of potential ID theft because of this breach. Freezing your credit is the best way to protect yourself; but you will have to pay a fee to the 4 agencies to freeze and eventually unfreeze your credit for something that could have been 100% prevented by Equifax. Worst of all, if the hackers are smart. They would lay low for quite some time and begin to exploit the information they received. Therefore, you may not actually be a victim for years to come. By that time, it will be damn near impossible to trace the ID theft to Equifax and you are going to be left screwed having to clean up the mess with no help coming from Equifax.

This is just one of 1000's of examples why consumer protect is absolutely necessary. We need recourse for events like this, but there are so many right wingers that have been brainwashed to follow the party line that consumer protectionism is not "pro-business." Whether now or later, this is going to prove itself to be a great example of why we need protections.

Like I said above, this was completely avoidable. If you want to piss yourself off, please read this article.

gizmodo.com...

In all seriousness, I don't see how this is any different from the BP oil spill in the gulf. BP was required to set up a fund of billions of dollars to address issues relating to the spill. Equifax needs to do the same and anyone that suffers ID theft can tap into this fund to be made whole.

Hmmm....not too keen on knowing how consumer protections work for the industry are you?

Read up on PCI compliance then let me know what you think. Government will never be in charge of it, that's exactly why PCI DSS was created.....so government couldn't control it and never will.

I used to do PCI audits so I have a little knowledge in the area. I can also say that in my opinion the breach was like caused by what is called the human factor internally....anyone looking to breach credit data or data in general knows that the easiest way to get it is to work the most likely route to be able to get in....an employee. Think of it similar to leaks in government. It's a LOT easier to count on and use this than it is to externally hack a corporation like Equifax.

Anywho....cant wait to see what you accuse the right of next!

Hmm...wrong on all counts. Equifax themselves even said that they took the language out of their legal documentation that would have blocked anyone affected by this breach to seek recourse.

It's actually stated on the Equifax 2017 link yyou posted, but apparently didn't bother to read either.

I think I'll stick to my personal and actual intimate knowledge of the industry and it's compliance standards versus your politically motivated and uneducated assumptions.

Thanks for playing and enjoy the IGNORANCE!

Pretty much what I figured you'd say. You're guessing...didn't expect anything more really.

Just wondering, but did you check if you were breached? Were you, or is this just a "stick up for those that were" kinda thing?

Oh....and you are still wrong by the way.

Again....reading is your friend....so is PCI DSS....

Tired of arguing with someone that has superficial knowledge on the subject at best.

A favorite quote I will leave you with:

Superficial knowledge, knowledge without principles, is almost always useless and sometimes harmful knowledge.

Luc de Clapiers

LOL!!! So, not only were you breached, but you are actually encouraging others to go to the Equifax website to check if they were breached as well?

You do realize that to check you have to enroll with Equifax and provide corroborating data you're complaining about being breached in order for them to check it against their records correct?

Now a smart person would have distanced themselves a bit and used a different credit check company to monitor any suspicious activity, thereby limiting the connection to Equifax directly and giving more credibility to their possible addition to a class action suit.

Explain to me, oh great wizard, why would you sign up to check a breach with the exact company that was breached? Did you read their terms and conditions when you did it? Hopefully so, because you can bet that you have now limited yourself in damages compensation should anything come of the breach....and no, that has nothing to do with the government....it has everything to do with not reading terms and conditions prior to signing up.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Was that a dodge or a parry?

Regardless, by your own admittance, you're simply trolling.

*tips hat*

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Please see when this account was registered. I was on this board before it became a right wing cesspool.

Oh Back in the Nibiru days.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Idiot, if you've purchased anything that involves credit, Equifax already has your data. C'mon, get a clue man.

I was breached. I've had about 20 friends check as well and all of us were breached. As a matter of fact, I have yet to discuss this with anyone who hasn't been breached.

That's what you don't get. Yes, they did that to make it look like their transparent as possible. Just wait until you have to file a claim for their $1 million protection. I bet they will take their chances in court against you rather than have to pay you a dime for being a victim of ID theft. How are you going to prove that your ID theft was caused because of the breach? You can't and you will lose the case if you sued them in court.

Doesn't matter if it was human error or not. The fact of the matter was that this was a catastrophic breach that was 1. preventable and 2. you will have limited path for recourse if you are the victim of ID theft......something that the GOP has been championing on behalf of the credit agencies for quite some time and now you will most likely have to deal with the aftermath and won't have crap to protect you if your information is used. Thanks for playing.

So many of you know that Equifax's database was breached and over 140 million Americans are now vulnerable of ID theft; chances are that some foreign government did this and they got us all by the short and curlies.

Before I go on my political rant, if you have not checked, you should check to see if your information has been breached by going to equifaxsecurity2017.com. They will tell you if your information was "likely" or "not likely" breached.

Now for my political rant. The right wingers have been hell bent on removing regulations and consumer protections for decades. Now, liberal or right wing, 1/2 of all americans will have to deal with this uncertainty of potential ID theft because of this breach. Freezing your credit is the best way to protect yourself; but you will have to pay a fee to the 4 agencies to freeze and eventually unfreeze your credit for something that could have been 100% prevented by Equifax. Worst of all, if the hackers are smart. They would lay low for quite some time and begin to exploit the information they received. Therefore, you may not actually be a victim for years to come. By that time, it will be damn near impossible to trace the ID theft to Equifax and you are going to be left screwed having to clean up the mess with no help coming from Equifax.

This is just one of 1000's of examples why consumer protect is absolutely necessary. We need recourse for events like this, but there are so many right wingers that have been brainwashed to follow the party line that consumer protectionism is not "pro-business." Whether now or later, this is going to prove itself to be a great example of why we need protections.

Like I said above, this was completely avoidable. If you want to piss yourself off, please read this article.

gizmodo.com...

In all seriousness, I don't see how this is any different from the BP oil spill in the gulf. BP was required to set up a fund of billions of dollars to address issues relating to the spill. Equifax needs to do the same and anyone that suffers ID theft can tap into this fund to be made whole.

Hmmm....not too keen on knowing how consumer protections work for the industry are you?

Read up on PCI compliance then let me know what you think. Government will never be in charge of it, that's exactly why PCI DSS was created.....so government couldn't control it and never will.

I used to do PCI audits so I have a little knowledge in the area. I can also say that in my opinion the breach was like caused by what is called the human factor internally....anyone looking to breach credit data or data in general knows that the easiest way to get it is to work the most likely route to be able to get in....an employee. Think of it similar to leaks in government. It's a LOT easier to count on and use this than it is to externally hack a corporation like Equifax.

Hmm...wrong on all counts. Equifax themselves even said that they took the language out of their legal documentation that would have blocked anyone affected by this breach to seek recourse.

It's actually stated on the Equifax 2017 link yyou posted, but apparently didn't bother to read either.

I think I'll stick to my personal and actual intimate knowledge of the industry and it's compliance standards versus your politically motivated and uneducated assumptions.

Pretty much what I figured you'd say. You're guessing...didn't expect anything more really.

Just wondering, but did you check if you were breached? Were you, or is this just a "stick up for those that were" kinda thing?

Tired of arguing with someone that has superficial knowledge on the subject at best.

Superficial knowledge, knowledge without principles, is almost always useless and sometimes harmful knowledge.

Luc de Clapiers

LOL!!! So, not only were you breached, but you are actually encouraging others to go to the Equifax website to check if they were breached as well?

You do realize that to check you have to enroll with Equifax and provide corroborating data you're complaining about being breached in order for them to check it against their records correct?

Now a smart person would have distanced themselves a bit and used a different credit check company to monitor any suspicious activity, thereby limiting the connection to Equifax directly and giving more credibility to their possible addition to a class action suit.

Explain to me, oh great wizard, why would you sign up to check a breach with the exact company that was breached? Did you read their terms and conditions when you did it? Hopefully so, because you can bet that you have now limited yourself in damages compensation should anything come of the breach....and no, that has nothing to do with the government....it has everything to do with not reading terms and conditions prior to signing up.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

If you are the standard for common sense then I think I am better off sticking with my uncommon sense.

Popular vote doesn't count....hasn't since LONG before 1988. Again....comprehension and ignorance abound.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Then you must be the remnants of a Leftist turd floating in the cesspool then eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Idiot, if you've purchased anything that involves credit, Equifax already has your data. C'mon, get a clue man.

gizmodo.com...

Luc de Clapiers

Hmmm....so you just went to the Equifax 2017 link you posted and didn't enroll?

Well I guess I'll have to call you a liar too. The only way to check for a breach at that link is to enroll.

Good thing you have 20 or more stupid friends as well....happy to know that there's a possibility that your ID may be stolen and used by someone that will vote GOP again....oh wait, then that would tie voter fraud into Equifax too....must be a conspiracy now....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have to enroll?

Seems that they should notify me. They have my address, right?
edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Popular vote doesn't count? Hmmmm.......so why have a "voter integrity" commission. Time to buy a clue.

Popular vote doesn't count....hasn't since LONG before 1988. Again....comprehension and ignorance abound.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'll school you by giving you boot straps. Their gain, your loss. Now pick yourself up from your boot straps.

originally posted by: thesaneone

Keep trying Russian bot. LOL!

originally posted by: thesaneone

Get educated on this before speaking. Thanks for playing.

BWAAAAA 😂

Maybe moby can be my educator as well yours.

You got me, I'm a bot. Beep bop boop.

Still waiting for you to school me on how it was the republicans fault that the big wigs dumped their stocks right before the leak, but something tells me I'll be waiting a long time, good thing I'm a bot.

that the best you got?

😴

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have to enroll?

Seems that they should notify me.

Well...lets ask the OP shall we?

OP, were you notified or did you have to enroll? You allude to having used the Equifax site to check, but there you have to enroll.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Cool. I'll ask my attorney.

Can you recommend one?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is a cost containment issue for Equifax. They are not going to reach out to 140 million americans. You've got to take the initiative. They can care less if you are a victim of ID theft; it just means more business for them when you have to freeze your credit and clean up the mess they left for you.

originally posted by: Phage

I have to enroll?

Seems that they should notify me. They have my address, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

So, is that why, when you enroll, you say that you agree to arbitration?

The lawyers are loving this. Can you say "class action?"

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

That's a lie, according to equifax, they will be sending by direct mail a notification to anyone whose info was breached but the company has not given a timeline.

If you do enroll then read the fine print.
edit on 14-9-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

And do they say that they will make whole all those who are injured?

(lawyerspeak)
edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join