It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Colonel on Republicans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Being from the UK, I don't see the difference between Republicans and Democrats.......I know thats a misjudgement though, so what are the basic differences?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Being from the UK, I don't see the difference between Republicans and Democrats.......I know thats a misjudgement though, so what are the basic differences?

I believe Astrocreep gave one good explanation on pg.2(?).
I think the core difference lately has been the expansion of government influence in our day to day lives and how the two parties view this. The New Society programs started by Johnson(Democrat) in the early 60s began as a noble idea and have since aided in destroying many a socio-economic future of many Americans. This giant govt. program has cost trillions(?) of dollars since then.
Liberal vs Conservative in lifestyle and outlook. Yet, to pigeon-hole one or the other into a black or white, yes or no framework is naive.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

I believe Astrocreep gave one good explanation on pg.2(?).
I think the core difference lately has been the expansion of government influence in our day to day lives and how the two parties view this. The New Society programs started by Johnson(Democrat) in the early 60s began as a noble idea and have since aided in destroying many a socio-economic future of many Americans. This giant govt. program has cost trillions(?) of dollars since then.
Liberal vs Conservative in lifestyle and outlook. Yet, to pigeon-hole one or the other into a black or white, yes or no framework is naive.

Tyriffic, Thanks for the explanation......

But isn't there anyone else to vote for at all?
2 parties/views doesn't seem like much of a choice

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We have an open canidacy for those who can afford it!

We have those who run Independent...that's a mixed bag of ideology in any case. ex. Ross Perot, Ralph Nader(who is going to run again!!!)

You could run if you were a citizen (time?) and had kabillions $$$ (to have a chance).

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hmmmm, perhaps the solution is to round up the independents and see if they have any good ideas behind them. Then, if there is, someone should use the ideas and start a serious opposition to the Democrats / Republicans. Just a thought.....

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Don't listen to the hype. I'll tell ya the truth. The republicans tend to be bigoted, homophobic, exceedingly selfish Bible thumpers. Their mantra is "no taxes" since they are exceedingly selfish, "state's rights" which lends to their bigoted side a la Jim Crow, and no gay rights (civil unions etc) which expresses their homophobic side.

They are FOR mixing church and state (ONLY the Christian religion) with their school prayer, faith based funding, and vouchers some of which is against the Establishment Clause. Oh, they do enjoy killing since they advocate the death penalty. Here, they get two birds with one stone. They get to revel in their love of death and wipe out blacks in a single throw since blacks are the majority on death row. In addiotn, in tune with their kill ideology, they support a ridiculously strong military and the right for an individual to possess any type of "kill 'em all" gun available while they "praise the lord" on Sunday.

Those are the republicans.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot. They're blindingly nationalist (like Germany was back in the 1930's.) They NEVER question their government's motives...as long as the guy in charge is one of them, a republican.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Don't listen to the hype. I'll tell ya the truth. The republicans tend to be bigoted, homophobic, exceedingly selfish Bible thumpers. Their mantra is "no taxes" since they are exceedingly selfish, "state's rights" which lends to their bigoted side a la Jim Crow, and no gay rights (civil unions etc) which expresses their homophobic side.

They are FOR mixing church and state (ONLY the Christian religion) with their school prayer, faith based funding, and vouchers some of which is against the Establishment Clause. Oh, they do enjoy killing since they advocate the death penalty. Here, they get two birds with one stone. They get to revel in their love of death and wipe out blacks in a single throw since blacks are the majority on death row. In addiotn, in tune with their kill ideology, they support a ridiculously strong military and the right for an individual to possess any type of "kill 'em all" gun available while they "praise the lord" on Sunday.

You know Colonel, thats actually a good definition of a Democrat as well! Your spewing of anti-Republican propoganda is not serving you in your cause to inflate a deflated Democratic Party! Be assured of that. WHen 2004 comes, be sure your there to hand the tissues out at the Democratic Party Ball you will be attending in DC. Your rhetoric is not doing anything to better this country. Ahhh, but your solution is to put a Democratic President in office?! I'm sure things won't be no better. Buy some stock with Kleenex, those Democrat's are sure going to need them.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The Democrats are the opposite, which makes them appear to be soft and weak but, they stand for the right thing (the true Christian things in my opinion). For, as you can see from the qualities of the republicans, there is more than a hint of belligerence in them. Hell, if you don't believe me, look at the world stage now and see how it got there.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You know Colonel, thats actually a good definition of a Democrat as well! Your spewing of anti-Republican propoganda is not serving you in your cause to inflate a deflated Democratic Party! Be assured of that. WHen 2004 comes, be sure your there to hand the tissues out at the Democratic Party Ball you will be attending in DC. Your rhetoric is not doing anything to better this country. Ahhh, but your solution is to put a Democratic President in office?! I'm sure things won't be no better. Buy some stock with Kleenex, those Democrat's are sure going to need them.

Say what you will but I noticed one thing you didn't call me was a liar.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Didn't need to sir, you did speak the truth but you gave it only from a one sided perspective. I applaud your cander and your purpose, but I think that fair is fair also.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Admittedly, there are some major flaws in the Democratic party like no direction (should we be like Bush-lite or what), lack of leadership, too many voices, etc. However, I do believe, regardless of all of our inane fumblings and our spineless leaders, a sure and confident leader will emerge b/c the grassroots are calling for one.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And I would agree with that also Colonel, but personally, I don't see a likely 'grass-roots' candidate who would 'gladly' jump at going at Bush in 2004. Don't misunderstand me, both parties have there 'agendas' and there respective "to do lists" but unless someone 'magically' appears I see no Democratic Pres. in the Office in 2004. To be honest?!......if Dean is the best possible candidate at this time for the Democrat's, welp, like I said.....get your tissues, cause you guys aren't grabbing nothing but straw. Just my opinion. We need a breath of fresh air but thats kinda like living in the Sahara waiting for rain ain't it?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I honestly think Dean can take him. The rest of the guys? Nah. Kerry, no. Altho he has the military experience, his pompadour is ridiculous and someone needs to tell him. Its not presidential. Gephardt, soft. Lieberman, another Bush. Kunich (sp) looks wimpy and doesn't look presidential altho he has the fight im him.

Now, Dean LOOKS presidential AND has the fight in him. He challenges Bush daily as well as his own party. That's what us Dems want to see.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hey, how'd my stats shoot up so high?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
All I can say is this, I respect your view, your opinion, your desire, your purpose and your cander. I wish the best outcome for this country and I know deep down, you feel the same.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Hey, how'd my stats shoot up so high?

Geez, I wonder why.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Ah if it could be so one-sided. A defined evil and a defined good. Just merely an illusion to which I once was captive as well. Just 5 years ago I would have jumped up gave ya a big "hell yeah" but in reality, both sides have their pros and cons and you're a fool if you think otherwise. I was a fool who thought that the democrats could do no wrong and the republicans were only out to make the rich richer. I bought every line right out of the democrat playbook without ever questioning it's validity, hook, line, and sinker.

I'm here to tell you, you're living a cartoon with good guys and bad guys and its okay. You're most likely a young man with plenty of piss and venegar so don't take this as criticism because in a few years, you'll relax your anger and you'll look at the more logical reasoning. I guess there is a reason you have to 35 to run for president. Maturity teaches many things but the most important is that most of what you see as cut and dried simple in youth isn't as uncomplicated in reality.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ah if it could be so one-sided. A defined evil and a defined good. Just merely an illusion to which I once was captive as well. Just 5 years ago I would have jumped up gave ya a big "hell yeah" but in reality, both sides have their pros and cons and you're a fool if you think otherwise. I was a fool who thought that the democrats could do no wrong and the republicans were only out to make the rich richer. I bought every line right out of the democrat playbook without ever questioning it's validity, hook, line, and sinker.

I'm here to tell you, you're living a cartoon with good guys and bad guys and its okay. You're most likely a young man with plenty of piss and venegar so don't take this as criticism because in a few years, you'll relax your anger and you'll look at the more logical reasoning. I guess there is a reason you have to 35 to run for president. Maturity teaches many things but the most important is that most of what you see as cut and dried simple in youth isn't as uncomplicated in reality.

Its a new day. Have Isaid that I hated these republican bastards today. Well, I do. See, before, I didn't have any real disgust for them. I just thought we saw things differently and they had a "few" racists on their team.

Oh was I wrong. SInce the neo-nazis..err neo-cons took over. This party has become a haven for the most dispicable and belligerent people this country has to offer.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In my book, every republican is a vile evil hypocritical person lacking morals, integrity, and no ethics. They lies, cheat, and steal for a living. They live by a double standard and cannot be trusted. Every last one of them from top to bottom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join