The Colonel on Republicans

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes, it certainly is, especially since I couldn't get my full name in b/c of you.




posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I won't get too involved here because of my past problems with heated debates


We all need to understand that the problems mentioned above of people leeching off society sitting on the stoop drinking a 40 and not doing a god damn thing all day except having kids and bitching about everything is NOT meant to talk about only blacks. If you think that is the case then you have never been out of the city. Go take an amtrak and stop off in all these backwards rural towns and see the inbreds with 12 kids who don't work and just sit on the porch all day. It's not a racist thing, it's a society thing. If you think it's racist to criticize social leeches then you obviously are stating that only black people do that. I don't think it's a race thing, I think it's a problem that society allows people to live in this fashion, answering to no one and not having to pull their own weight.

If you see my point as a racist one then you have some serious problems with the connections in your brain.

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Djarums]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I won't get too involved here because of my past problems with heated debates


We all need to understand that the problems mentioned above of people leeching off society sitting on the stoop drinking a 40 and not doing a god damn thing all day except having kids and bitching about everything is NOT meant to talk about only blacks. If you think that is the case then you have never been out of the city. Go take an amtrak and stop off in all these backwards rural towns and see the inbreds with 12 kids who don't work and just sit on the porch all day. It's not a racist thing, it's a society thing. If you think it's racist to criticize social leeches then you obviously are stating that only black people do that. I don't think it's a race thing, I think it's a problem that society allows people to live in this fashion, answering to no one and not having to pull their own weight.

If you see my point as a racist one then you have some serious problems with the connections in your brain.

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Djarums]


You are quite correct and I don't disagree with you. However, who do the REPUBLICANS point to when they talk of "people leeching off society sitting on the stoop drinking a 40 and not doing a god damn thing all day except having kids and bitching about everything." This is the republican mindset, man! The Willie Horton ads, the Florida Fraud, the "states rights" argument! Its the republicans that the the evil ones.

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
your minority law school friend is a smart man.

your distorted view of the world is unsettling. how you can blame the republicans for the mess we're in is beyond my comprehension. i think you'd better look back a little further to our 42nd president for the roots of the evil they prey on us now.

you're post was disturbing, at best...

[Edited on 03-07-2003 by kramtronix]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
your minority law school friend is a smart man.

your distorted view of the world is unsettling. how you can blame the republicans for the mess we're in is beyond my comprehension. i think you'd better look back a little further to our 42nd president for the roots of the evil they prey on us now.

you're post was disturbing, at best...

[Edited on 03-07-2003 by kramtronix]


The dyed in the wool Republican youth are STILL trying to link ANYTHING of our current sorry state of affairs to Bill Clinton !?!

Please, don't even make that attempt unless you're fully loaded. And you'd STILL be firing a pellet gun at an Abrams!!



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No, he isn't; he's a sell out and you are too. How can you blame Clinton for our problems (as the monkey republican is wont to do) on Clinton when he brought us EIGHT years of unheralded prosperity? Everyone was happy and safe. The world didn't hate us. In fact, they LOVED Clinton. In fact, the only people on the planet that hated Clinton were...


Repugnants.

Now, they have power and thinking Americans hate them as does the rest of the world (if Bush is any representation of them which he is). Republicans are a cancer to America and a blight on the planet.


[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just make sure they have an appointment with GOD.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

In fact, the only people on the planet that hated Clinton were...


Repugnants.


That's why he's had more assasination attempts then all the presidents combined?

Oh, last time i checked, it wasn't a good idea to be a close friend of his.

Personally, i didn't like clinton.
politically, meh, life went on, i wasn't crying.
foriegn policy at that time? oh come on.
we could go rounds pointing out clitons policy failures.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yes, it certainly is, especially since I couldn't get my full name in b/c of you.


and why is that?
col. fury i'm sure is open.

*shrug*



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It just didn't work but that's neither here nor there.

We need to start tellingthe truth around here and people need to stop propogating the lies told of the past administration. I don't get it. Clinton brings unheard of prosperity (that we thought would last forever) and rabid Americans crucify him (like Jesus) and Bush brings in fear and misery, and he is thought of as some hero?

What the hell? Is this the Twillight Zone?

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
It just didn't work but that's neither here nor there.

We need to start tellingthe truth around here and people need to stop propogating the lies told of the past administration. I don't get it. Clinton brings unheard of prosperity (that we thought would last forever) and rabid Americans crucify him (like Jesus) and Bush brings in fear and misery, and he is thought of as some hero?

What the hell? Is this the Twillight Zone?

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Colonel]



I don't think executive branch brings dick.
Rep or dem, I think prosperity is brought upon by congressional bills, and some tax relief.
you can change things here and there, but for the most part, it's not dependant on the president.

that's why i don't buy into anyone saying that a president brought good times or bad.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh for the love of Pete. Do either of you hold your beloved former president accountable for any action he has taken or must we use conspiracy theories to the ninth degree to make sure its all the fault of the current president? You know there are those who acknowledge the study of economics prior to 2000 who accurately forecasted this recession before 1997. Al Greenspan for one.

My point is there are two ways of looking at the economic situation; On the one hand, we can say Clinton did it all himself and as soon as Bush came in, he destroyed it..even before he was sworn in, I believe we started getting the recession reports from Brokaw.

We can also say the American people worked their asses off for the economy which was systematically torn down over a decade along with national security in line with the ideology that Clinton himself has stated: "Americans will have to be ready for a world where they aren't the only super-power, militarily or economically"

Now, folks I backed Clinton as president even through Monica and Paula but as someone with an economic education and background, I have to take issue with decisions that were made to remove the sovereignty of the US and raise taxes to the point that a non-for-profit government had planned an illegal surplus ( money not even the most wasteful could spend) . Now, when the US government has so much money it can't figure out what the hell to do with it and business owners are having to cut employees to pay their taxes, something is wrong.

I know, I know, Clinton was Robin Hood, robbed from the rich and gave to the poor....but at a rate of 73% waste, did the poor get any better or did they get just enough to lock them further in poverty and dependence on the government? If you really read Robin Hood, I think you'll find he took from an unfair illegally over-taxing government and returned it to the people who earned it.

I think most democrats know that tax cuts are the answer. I think all this posturing is doing nothing more than arguing over who gives it. Meanwhile, the IRS continues to run rough-shot, un-policed making its own rules to apply to its current needs.

Fellow democrats, until we purge the hatred for the president to the point that love of our country again is our guiding factor, I fear we are destined for nothing more than watching from the sidelines while the real game is played by a one-sided team. This we must prevent.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's what they all say,"Itth not the Prethedent. The economy ith cythlical." But let any good thing happen (which hasn't happend since Bush took office) and they'll get manly and say, "After over a decade, Reaganomics has finally kicked in."

Ridiculous.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ok,
I'm looking at the great depression,
why didn't the president step in with his awe inspiring powers and stop that from happening.

FDR did, and he did a great job of getting us slowly out of it, unfortunately, i don't see the executive branch as the end all for economic progress in america. infact, i see government as hindering most of it.

that's neither here nor there.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
ok,
I'm looking at the great depression,
why didn't the president step in with his awe inspiring powers and stop that from happening.

FDR did, and he did a great job of getting us slowly out of it, unfortunately, i don't see the executive branch as the end all for economic progress in america. infact, i see government as hindering most of it.

that's neither here nor there.


Clinton passed the polices that allowed Greenspan to do what he needed to do (if I remember the quote from "Its Still The Economy, Stupid." by Paul Begala.) which Greenspan thanked him for.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree that the president has a limited control depending on the policys he enacts.

for example, i work for a multinational wood products biz. We're suffering massive revenue's because of the tax laws enacted by congress on the canadian soft lumber import and export.

problem is, our company is half american and canadian biz.

But that's mostly due to congressional influence, and less to do with executive.

I firmly believe that a president can effect the short term, I.E. stocks and bonds go up, comodities go down,
or vice versa depending on the president's party line.
but in the longer term it's mostly the GNP, employment, buyer confidence, and biz taxes that effect it.

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Fury]



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can accept grudgiing appreciation for Clinton. Now, we need a president who can bring back investor confidence in America.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey thats fine keep heading down the same road pandering to the same extremist / socialist. Have fun in 04'.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Now, we need a president who can bring back investor confidence in America.


I agree. Knowing I am not going to be taxed out the rear makes me a more confident investor.



posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And as with any party Presidential candidate, he/she can promise and pledge to do all they want.....its called 'bringing in the votes'! You are no more guarenteed a president, regardless of what party affiliation, that will "put more money in your pockets," cut your taxes, etc., then I am guarenteed to win the "Mega-Bucks" Lottery!! Wishful thinking often times results in disappointment. Dreams are simply that....dreams.


regards
seekerof





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join