It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Colonel on Republicans

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
I stopped hating white people a long time ago when I realized they all did not hate me. Lets try that for both sides, ok?

Gee...Why was you thinking such thing ??????????????
Who told you that ALL the whites were hating the blacks ???????????

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe you should read a little closer.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Jedi,

I have to agree with Tyriffic that you might ought to look at how you phrased a few things in that post.

You started out with "many blacks..." and then list exactly TWO...whom I believe any "many blacks" will admit have political/personal/financial motivations behind their so-called fight for minority human rights. So that really is a bit unfair don't you think?

You ARE correct that we are living in a period of "extreme" minority rights. What I mean by this is, it is an absolute correct observation that blacks can have "all black organizations" (well, sometimes there'll be some Mocha in there too
) and whites cannot have "all white organizations". But correcting and moving the societal ideals toward fair and balanced probably is going to have this pendulum effect. It has only been since the 60s (and Colonel was correct in that) that the "correction" even started manifesting itself. So I think we should be able to endure for a little while, don't you?

I believe, if complete societal correction occurs (don't read that as there will no longer be sock-suckin, soup-droolin, knuckle-draggin, booger-pickin' morons - they'll still be here - but this radical minority really doesn't come into play in the big picture) we will achieve an environment where people of different colors (races, religions, etc.) again come to the point that they can have distinctive groupings and it NOT be viewed as segregatist, but as definitive. And I firmly believe that there is value in defining oneself according to the natural groupings we fall into....IF you start out with the first natural grouping being a member of the complete human race inclusive of all on this planet. For instance, I am a member of the human race; a member of those considered "caucasian"; a member of the Native American peoples; a member of the Christian faith...and so forth - and I'm proud of everyone of those distinctions...not because they are better or superior to another individual's groupings, but because they are MINE...they help define who "me" is!!! And I like me! Guess what...if I was purple I would be one proud purple-person.

Tyriffic,

I think what the last question to you meant was "Why did you EVER think that?" And personally I think this is a VERY important question. Because as I person who has not grown up in the groupings you have, I do not have a full understanding of the environment that has shaped your opinions through out your life. In order for the "differences" to be worked out, we need to understand each other fully.

So, I would ask the same question of you, not just out of curiosity, not just because I think understanding another "grouping" is very valuable to my life, but because I respect you personally and have come to value your opinion...

so PLEASE share!

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have a question for Colonel.

Do you resent Lincoln? Because I can't help but note the sarcasm of the reference to the Republican party being "Lincoln's party".

Also, I want to ask about the Michigan affirmative-action case. This case is very important in the big "societal correction" I stated above. This could possibly denote the "slowing down" of the pendulum toward extreme actions to correct the offset of human rights between caucasians and blacks. Could it be that this obvious slowing down is just causing adverse reaction in you because it is a change from what you have been accustomed to? In other words, you have grown up with the biased nature of affirmative action. And it IS biased, you'll have to take your brain out of your head to deny that. So now, everything you have been accustomed to has a threat of being "changed" not to with malicious intent, but as a correction back to center.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Okay so I went overboard using colored. I do not mean to offend anyone by using the term "color".

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Maybe you should read a little closer.

Of course....

Don't worry, I read carefully. And because I read carefully, I can do the difference between a racist and someone who's just exceeded ( as I'm ) by the old rethoric " all the whites are racists ".

Beeing suspected to be a racist, only because you are white and/or not a democrat is very disturbing. Especially when you are not what the peoples thinks that you are.

It's like when you write : " I stopped hating white people a long time ago when I realized they all did not hate me. "

It was a racist behavior. You was thinking something about the whites ONLY because they are whites. So, you was racist. Right or not ?

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
May I say two things, here?

I do not hate democrats, I really don't like the obscenity that has highjacked the democratic party, though. On the same coin, though, I really don't like the weak-spined way the Republicans handle business. And furthermore, neitehr party seems to give a rat's rip about conducting business IAW the constitution.

The other thing is,
Why, yes, and a pretty li'l lady of the evening at that!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hmmm. Well, Ultra Phoenix, nothing I wrote was directed at you. You were genial in you admonition. Therefore, I didn't respond. On the other hand, I don't need to be told twice in scolding terms a la JediMaster, who I DID respond to. A moderator should be, at minimum, fair. I am finished with that subject.

Now, with that being said, I don't know how this got to be B vs. W, when I was railing against republicans. But, we'll see how deep this well goes.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Do you resent Lincoln? Because I can't help but note the sarcasm of the reference to the Republican party being "Lincoln's party".

Also, I want to ask about the Michigan affirmative-action case. This case is very important in the big "societal correction" I stated above. This could possibly denote the "slowing down" of the pendulum toward extreme actions to correct the offset of human rights between caucasians and blacks. Could it be that this obvious slowing down is just causing adverse reaction in you because it is a change from what you have been accustomed to? In other words, you have grown up with the biased nature of affirmative action. And it IS biased, you'll have to take your brain out of your head to deny that. So now, everything you have been accustomed to has a threat of being "changed" not to with malicious intent, but as a correction back to center.

What do you think?

First off, I don't resent Lincoln. I admire Lincoln. He did what he thought was right in the face of stellar challenges to keep the Union together. Now, my sarcasm comes from the republicans now who use that line to show that they support minorities, which after much observation of their leaders, they clearly don't.

In fact, before the 60's, blacks WERE republican--that may be a surprise to you but, its true. The change came about when the Dixiecrats switched from Democrat and hijacked the republican party in the 60's b/c they hated Johnson and his civil rights agenda. So, in my eyes, it is no longer "the party of Lincoln."

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

What do you think?

Well, on the Michigan case, I could say, I already got mine so "F" everyone else" (part of me does say that). But the problem itself is complex. First off, when I was in law school and studying for the bar, I sometimes counted how many minority faces were in my calss. Including myself, I cvounted maybe 6-7 out of 50 or so. Most of those were women, maybe 2 black males including myself.

So, with this Michigan ruling, I don't see what everyone is up in arms about. Even if Affirmative Action stood, would the general populace of blacks take advantage of it? Looking at the numbers I saw, I don't thinks so and that is a problem in the black race that needs to be addressed.

So, is the pendulum swinging back? I fear it is: pre-1960s and that is because of the republican party.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh, and the part of treating all republicans alike. Well, let me give you this analogy. What if I said that,"I am not racist or Anti-semitic." But I am a junior member of the Nation of Islam. Would you believe me? Would there be a slight hint of doubt?

So, too with republicans.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Before the arguing continues....thanks Valhall...

Utra- This is why it's good to do this topic face to face. I never said in my post that I think all whites hate blacks. No where within. I said, and the word I chose was too strong and inacurate since I was a child at this time, I stopped my anger towards the white race because I learned that you can not judge a group by one.
At the same time I was called Nigger by one asshat, my best friend in elementary school was white!??! You see the point I learned. He would have done just about anything for me. His parents and mine were friends...it became silly to dislike all whites......yeesh.

Jedi- it's

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
...and just one more thing. I hate arguing about private clubs and television. If they don't want me, I don't want them, if I don't like it, I don't watch it.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Hmmm. Well, Ultra Phoenix, nothing I wrote was directed at you. You were genial in your admonition. Therefore, I didn't respond. On the other hand, I don't need to be told twice in scolding terms a la JediMaster, who I DID respond to. A moderator should be, at minimum, fair. I am finished with that subject.

Now, with that being said, I don't know how this got to be B vs. W, when I was railing against republicans. But, we'll see how deep this well goes.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
All arguments digress to some degree. sometimes because the core is further down within it............I threw away my scanner........

I think Colonel, you come a bit too loud. I think you put people on the defensive too quickly and to abruptly- it really is not about who wins here, it's about who learns I think.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If the "shoe fits" Colonel, wear it.....

"Democratic base needs Anger Management"
www.townhall.com...

www.opinionjournal.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Well, on the Michigan case, I could say, I already got mine so "F" everyone else" (part of me does say that). But the problem itself is complex.

Okay, we have now gotten down to the very foundation of the problem that you 1.) have here on this forum, and 2.) will have throughout your life...unless you see the error of your ways.

YOU have made yourself absolutely irrelevant to any and all discussions on this matter. And YOU have done it on your own. I feel sad. So many "groupings" have now been robbed of a potential that is now left undetectable due to it's premature death: Mankind, the black community, and yourself. You are a self-admitted educated black man who has allowed yourself to become inconsequential to the societal issues you have brought up yourself. Why? Because you are consumed with anger and self-centeredness. It does not actually matter what you end up achieving in your life: lawsuits won, political gains...you are nonexistent to the cause of humanity...and to your own people.

As long as you are of this ilk you will be a nonproductive member of society, because you are incapable of, due to your lack of capacity for, the one thing the world has the least of, and is deprived the most of...

compassion.

YOU, Colonel, ARE INVISIBLE.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh, God, ValHal, I said, part of me not, 'THAT IS HOW I FEEL" So, your diatribe makes no sense. If you read the rest of it, you would see that I ADMIT to a problem on BOTH sides. Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Valhal, I can't beleive after all I wrote to answer your question, you have selectively choosen ONE phrase in my statement. Damn.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Seekerof: I have never read an article so filled with outright lies as this one--wait, I have, whenever Limbaugh writes in that rag, the Washington Times. So typical of the republicans.

Lets see some of the lies:

"What is his message? Well, it's certainly not that he can lead us better in the war on terror than President Bush"

We are now in MORE danger of terrorism since Iraq than ever before.

"It's not that he can provide better homeland security for the American people."

As I speak, Homeland Security, along with everything else, is completely underfunded based on those "great Bush tax cuts."

"It's not that he can restore a healthier level of growth to the economy."

We are currently at over 6% unemployment (just like when his Dad was in office) and Bush has no economic budget to stem the bleeding.

"It's not even that Bush is incompetent.."

This is a given.

The Demsocrats are mad---no pissed-- that this man stole the presidency, ruined the economy, destroyed our trillion dollar surplus, destroyed our goodwill worldwide, increased our chances for terrorist attack, stripped 25 billion from the veterans benefits while prancing about like some war hero---"supporting the troops," the Patriot Act, and LIED to the American people about these phantom WMDs that they were so sure they could find. (Rumsfeld said they were right outside Tikrit (sp)).

This is what Dems are angry about. This is what the WORLD is angry about. Yes, the world. The world is banking that we win this presidency because they hate what has happened to this country since Bush took it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join