It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's a weak deflection, even by your standards.

Right wing mental gymnastics? What does that even mean? I'm not even right wing.. I don't even think Trump is, lol.

It's funny though, you asked for something, and i delivered with something as current as today, but you insist it's way too late, because you would rather hang on to his past. Why even ask when you already know you won't accept anything?

Read your post again. That's the epitome of bias. "No I don't care there's nothing that will change my mind. Na na na"

I just can't continue with somebody as disingenuous as you, sorry.

ETA: here it is again in case you missed it the first time. Might help you with some much needed introspection.

You said

That's kind of funny to me, and is the exact blind belief in a benevolent Donald Trump that I'm talking about.

I said

Guess what is just as funny? The blind belief of a malevolent Donald Trump. Different side of the same coin, but sure keep pretending like you don't know that.

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

That's a weak deflection, even by your standards.

Right wing mental gymnastics? What does that even mean? I'm not even right wing.. I don't even think Trump is, lol.

It's funny though, you asked for something, and i delivered with something as current as today, but you insist it's way too late, because you would rather hang on to his past. Why even ask when you already know you won't accept anything?

Read your post again. That's the epitome of bias. "No I don't care there's nothing that will change my mind. Na na na"

I just can't continue with somebody as disingenuous as you, sorry.

ETA: here it is again in case you missed it the first time. Might help you with some much needed introspection.

Guess what is just as funny? The blind belief of a malevolent Donald Trump. Different side of the same coin, but sure keep pretending like you don't know that.

Trump is Trump and will always be. Just because he's coming across as immigrant friendly now doesn't mean he's sincere, it's just politically expedient for him at the moment.

Which is something you'd recognize if you didn't only have a recent view of Trump, and had studied his tendencies and the way he does things throughout his life. Basically, you're being used. And, as entertaining as it is for me to watch, I always hope there's a chance a person will wake up to reality.

Though in this case it looks like your partisanship is making it impossible. Which is weird because you aren't even American, but I digress.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You just don't know how the world works, do you?

From a billionaire, no less. Welcome to reality.

I could pull up a bunch of videos from his past that would show he does indeed care about America, but why even bother? You'll just mental gymnastics your way out of it like you've been doing throughout the thread.

And speaking of reality, I'm glad I'm in mine and not yours. Thanks for the concern though, my advice is to seek a mirror.

ETA: because you seem to always give me something.

Trump is Trump and will always be.

Say it with me again.. "bias"

Better hope you were never an asshole in your past! Because according to your logic, you will always be one! No growth or change allowed, even if you were an asshole 40 years ago, long before you ever decided to be the president!!

I get it though, Trump bad!!

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Amnesty by another name is still Amnesty.

Hmm, I wonder how the fan base will react? I have no dog in this fight.

*Pops Popcorn*

the_Donald is absolutely furious, as is the Brietbart crowd. They think he's a traitor. Well, some do... others are giving him a pass and seriously think he's under mind control drugs being administered by his Chief of Staff.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Amnesty by another name is still Amnesty.

Hmm, I wonder how the fan base will react? I have no dog in this fight.

*Pops Popcorn*

the_Donald is absolutely furious, as is the Brietbart crowd. They think he's a traitor. Well, some do... others are giving him a pass and seriously think he's under mind control drugs being administered by his Chief of Staff.

Yeeeah....

Except on HERE it seems the "Pro Trump crowd" wants to IGNORE it and bury it under OTHER liberal hit jobs.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You obviously missed my thread when I (as a Trump supporter) was for a type of amnesty.

Who knows, maybe Trump reads my threads.

Literally everyone in power is on the side of Dreamers. They're model citizens. They grew up here, ingrained into our culture, aren't criminals, are working, have either college or trade educations, pay all their taxes, and pay additional fines past that, while never being eligible for any tax money in benefits.

They have it harder than the ordinary citizen, have excelled past the ordinary citizen, and are fully integrated into our culture.

In an era where we need role models, these people are them. No one seriously wants to deport them aside from the Rush Limbaugh crowd.

Trump started off as one of those who wanted to deport them. Eventually, enough people pushed back that he changed his mind... which is rare for Trump and shows just how clear cut this case is.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think the misunderstanding is this notion that Trump hates immigrants and just wants to boot them home. I know that's the narrative in Liberal Land though.

Rush Limbaugh today claimed that 30% of them are felons, and 70% are criminals.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
On the other hand, I'm now experiencing how seriously other countries take their immigration laws. These other countries would not grant my kids citizenship if I moved there illegally and worked there illegally. It's just another instance of America "doing the right thing" and being taken advantage of for it.

America doesn't have a choice. We don't formally recognize dual citizenship, and we have no power to force another country to make citizens people who are born on our soil. The only option left is to make them citizens.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The problem needs to be fixed. Obama's solution should have been TEMPORARY at best.

The Congress needs to do its job. Win, lose or draw for the dreamers.

This is the first politically astute thing Trump has done in my opinion; I can't help but see General Kelly's hand in it.

Obama's solution was temporary, that's why this was done in the way it was. What Trump is doing, is basically just turning the temporary solution into a permanent one. Democrats love this because it furthers their agenda. Republicans hate this politically, because Trump just cost them an issue they could use. But privately they like it to, because this was the only fair thing to do for Dreamers.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think the misunderstanding is this notion that Trump hates immigrants and just wants to boot them home. I know that's the narrative in Liberal Land though.

Rush Limbaugh today claimed that 30% of them are felons, and 70% are criminals.

So of the 30 percent who are felons,3/4ths of them are criminals right? remember the law does not discriminate on age when you break a law. Crossing over th eborder even if they didnt do it themselves is still breaking the law and makes them felons.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
How do all of you Republicans feel about finally voting Democrat?

He is not Democrat. Working with them doesn't make him one.

How do all of you democrats feel about calling trump hitler, a klansmen and all other sorts of horrible things and now to be working with him?

I don't know. How did you feel when Obama tried to work with congress for 8 years while being called many things just as bad?

I was rolling along in this thread, nodding in approval for hte most part. Then i came to this.

Obama's party controlled government for the first 2 years of his term. And they owned the house from 09-11.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
So of the 30 percent who are felons,3/4ths of them are criminals right? remember the law does not discriminate on age when you break a law. Crossing over th eborder even if they didnt do it themselves is still breaking the law and makes them felons.

The context had nothing to do with legal status. He was referring to them as being gang members, rapists, and murderers.

I think the real issue is that these people have disadvantages that no citizens have, yet as a group they're outperforming us in every metric. Family, income, education, etc... as a result they've become the scapegoat for people who haven't accomplished as much, claiming these people took their slot. Ironically enough, such a claim goes completely counter to the idea they push of an ever expanding economic pie.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, you are right. For two years they did control the house, which is both controlling the gov and "owning" the house.

For 4 years it was split so they didn't control it and for two years it was controlled by the repubs. So Obama had control of the gov't for 1/4 of the time he was in office. 25% of the time. Point still stands but thanks for the correction.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join