It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I wish I knew how to screenshot (screenshoot?) Nancy Pelosi's Twitter page. She's made 2 deals with President Trump, yet the top of her Twitter still has her calling him a CRUEL COWARD.

copy/paste:

""Nancy Pelosi‏
Verified account
 @NancyPelosi Sep 5
Trump’s cowardice is on full display today. His cruelty must not stand! #ProtectDREAMers""

Direct link to it: twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

if they dont obey our laws why should they be here?

And if they do?

See, the thing is that it is indeed illegal to enter the country illegally (misdemeanor for the first offense). What does the law say about minors doing so? Are they criminals? Were they arrested, tried, and convicted?

You know that any person in the United States (citizen or not) has certain rights. Right?

edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think Trump should have got more in return (though we only have reports so far on the actual 'deal').

That said, Republicans only have themselves to blame for Trump dealing with Democrats and working around them. People actually voted for the likes of McCain, Flake, Graham and Sasse, so they can't complain now really when the President decides working with them is not going to get him anywhere. I think Republicans have proven once and for all that they are unable to govern.

The thing to watch now is how much compromise there really is - will Trump get some of his agenda through and yield on some Democrat demands? Or will he just go full democrat?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Why any comprimise?,the problem in the US these days is people break laws,then want it overlooked,why have laws at allif your not going to enforce them

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Why any comprimise?,the problem in the US these days is people break laws,then want it overlooked,why have laws at allif your not going to enforce them

They didn't really break any laws - their parents did. That's the issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I hope this new found attitude sticks, let's see what happens next, but credit is due this is a win and I'll take it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How do all of you Republicans feel about finally voting Democrat?

I'm pretty sure people voted Trump in, not the Republicans or Democrats.

How do all of you Democrats feel now you realise the Trump voters were right and he's an independant centrist at heart??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

perhaps they should follow the 1000 that followed the law?
in light of recent potus statements within the next 6 months?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Trump is saying that No, there was no deal made. He also reiterated that The Wall and "massive border security" would be an essential feature of any deal.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is the government working. It's a good thing. For everybody.
Why are you guys still sniping at each other?

Enough told you so's.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wish I knew how to screenshot (screenshoot?) Nancy Pelosi's Twitter page. She's made 2 deals with President Trump, yet the top of her Twitter still has her calling him a CRUEL COWARD.

copy/paste:

""Nancy Pelosi‏
Verified account
 @NancyPelosi Sep 5
Trump’s cowardice is on full display today. His cruelty must not stand! #ProtectDREAMers""

Direct link to it: twitter.com...

I know this is way off-topic, and I don't know how you're posting here, but if you're using Windows, there's a utility under Programs>Windows Accessories called Snipping Tool..it's a lot more handy than say PrtScrn and trying to paste and edit your content...it allows you to select a cropped portion of what you see on your desktop as an image.
______________________________________________________________________________________

More on topic, President Trump is a coward.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Funny that Trump has to make things happen.
It is the job of the Congress to write the laws.
Thus far, on this matter, they have neglected their duty.... helped along by the last POTUS that ruled by decree.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Trump is saying that No, there was no deal made. He also reiterated that The Wall and "massive border security" would be an essential feature of any deal.

Yeah, so wth? There is no deal?

This is strange!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Thus far, on this matter, they have neglected their duty.... helped along by the last POTUS that ruled by decree.

Unlike this President who's only marginal achievements thus far are the result of Executive Orders?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Unlike this President who's only marginal achievements thus far are the result of Executive Orders?

Both of them can blame Congress.
I do not like the use of executive orders, for the record.
Not to say that they have no place in our government, but they are overused in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If an EO is out of line, it's challenged in court and ruled unconstitutional.

System working as intended.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You are aware that the courts are not always right.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah, so wth? There is no deal?

This is strange!

I think, given Trump's history, what he does is very simple....he DOES things, then denies he does things, then later it comes out that he did things, and by that time the things he did he falls back on fake news until it's proven it wasn't fake news, then he shuts up for awhile.....until the next thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You are aware that the courts are not always right.

Neither are Presidents.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Sounds like an old employee of mine who spent all their time avoiding work when their actual job would have taken about half that much effort.

People.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join