It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So it looks like they were able to get a compromise done.

DACA Compromise

The deal announced by Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi following a White House dinner would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants brought illegally to this country as kids who had benefited from former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program. The program provided temporary work permits and protection from deportation.

Good for them. A lot of work to do still but it is good to see the government actually function.

It was the second time in two weeks that Trump cut out Republicans to reach a deal with Pelosi and Schumer. A person briefed on the meeting, who demanded anonymity to discuss it, said the deal specifies bipartisan legislation called the DREAM Act that provides eventual citizenship for the young immigrants.

Trump actually showed some gumption. I bet a lot of folks are going to be furious. Starting with the Republicans.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, who also sat down with Pelosi to talk immigration Wednesday, said during an AP Newsmaker interview that deporting the so-called “Dreamers” was “not in our nation’s interest,” and said the president had “made the right call.”

Start wiping that egg of your face, Paul.
edit on 13-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Amnesty by another name is still Amnesty.

Hmm, I wonder how the fan base will react? I have no dog in this fight.

*Pops Popcorn*

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

So, these people committed a crime by being brought into this country as children?
edit on 9/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If anything I am actually surprised and impressed they are working together. If Trump was a true Republican this would not have happened. Shock me more Donny, please!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, these people committed a crime by being brought into this country as children?

Well, yes, if you go by the general theory of the right. Kids born into hell hole projects are also guilty of being born black you know.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How do all of you Republicans feel about finally voting Democrat?

link   
a reply to: Phage

Not at all, I actually believe that they these young people should be granted Amnesty and full citizenship. They are as American as I am. They know English, they built bonds with a community, they contributed to the wealth of our nation, and they call this place home.

The Dreamers are my friends, my neighbors, my coworkers, and my countrymen. They belong here 100%, full stop. However, I'm not going to mince words here. It's amensty, but amnesty I accept full heartedly. Sometimes laws are antiquated and inadequate in context. Sometimes it's up to the nation to stand against codified injustice.

But still...can't wait to see how the Donald fan base will react.

*eats popcorn*
edit on 13-9-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

link   
Now watch how all the people who were cheering on their deportation start cheering on keeping nearly a million of them in the country. Why? Because Trump said so!

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

He is not Democrat. Working with them doesn't make him one.

How do all of you democrats feel about calling trump hitler, a klansmen and all other sorts of horrible things and now to be working with him?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Now watch how all the people who were cheering on their deportation start cheering on keeping nearly a million of them in the country. Why? Because Trump said so!

I would imagine it might take a few moments to digest for most. After they've spit their beer on the screen and gagged up that McRib it will settle in.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

How do all of you democrats feel about calling trump hitler, a klansmen and all other sorts of horrible things and now to be working with him?

I don't know. How did you feel when Obama tried to work with congress for 8 years while being called many things just as bad?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Actually I called the idea brilliant when everyone left of Reagan was crapping themselves and calling Trump a racist over DACA.

I'm laughing at everyone who's finally realizing something I knew quite a while ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Actually I called the idea brilliant when everyone left of Reagan was crapping themselves and calling Trump a racist over DACA.

I'm laughing at everyone who's finally realizing something I knew quite a while ago.

I don't really think he's a Democrat, it was kind of a joke.

I just think it's funny to see how hyper partisan the right becomes every time there's a hint in the air of him working with Democrats. It's evidence of how deep the divide has been injected into people.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You obviously missed my thread when I (as a Trump supporter) was for a type of amnesty.

Who knows, maybe Trump reads my threads.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why not ?
And , where are the parents?
Shouldnt they be the ones taking care of their own children ? Damn , I would hope there isnt that many cruel , cold hearted parents in the world. To just abandon their children.
I say , reunite them...in whatever country..

edit on 9/13/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Its worth it to see people on the right squirm. As it is every time Trump does something that makes his base wonder who they voted for.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Its worth it to see people on the right squirm. As it is every time Trump does something that makes his base wonder who they voted for.

I dont know of one Republican , outside of Congress , that has objected
Did they object when Presidents worked with Teddy across the aisle? Nope
So , who is "squirming" other than the worms that take every opportunity to knock the right ?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No, they're victims of a crime. But that doesn't make them citizens.

This deal will, I suspect.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

And if it does, then they bring in their parents and other immediate relatives which is the point, of course. I wonder how many that 800,000 have linked to them?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tempter

And if it does, then they bring in their parents and other immediate relatives which is the point, of course. I wonder how many that 800,000 have linked to them?

The dreamer thing has been abused. It has to end. I'm pretty sure Trump at least got THAT out of the deal, right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join