It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good God now they're going after the Francis Scott Key Memorial and the National Anthem

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't wait to see what the next target is going to be.

Well, it won't be the Denver International Airport murals...even though they depict three coffins holding a dead African woman in chains, a dead Native American woman, and a dead white, Judeo-Christian girl.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The airport is owned by city and county government. For some reason, it's ok to for government to sponsor and maintain artwork that depicts the story of apocalyptic warfare -- waged against specific races and religions -- that destroys the world as we know it.

A lot of people claim to feel very unsettled by the murals. But I don't see any calls to remove or paint over them, and I bet we never will.

That's totally not on the agenda.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yup.

Couldn't care less about the Duke boys every week, I wanted to see Daisy.

See? The stars and bars represent different things to different folks.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Violence used, when protecting oneself from assault or credible threat, is a basic human right.

And do you feel like showing up to a nazi rally with hoods, baseball bats, and pepper spray, balloons filled with piss, was just some innocent folks protecting themselves?

Do you really not understand who the two groups were in Charlottesville? Or are we back to the purely partisan rhetoric?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

So slavery really wasn't that big a deal then, since everyone was doing it?

There is a perception that African slaves were innocent victims of only white men. This is untrue. They were also victims of warring tribes who discovered that they were a cash crop. Tribes victimized each other for eons as a way of life. Without Africans selling their fellow captives to the slave traders there would be no source. If we are to consider "reparations" due to ancestors being enslaved, then everybody owes everybody else reparations.
If we are to remove all statues, names, and portraits of all those historically associated with slavery, then we will be removing such of just about every one. Martin Luther King and Harriet Tubman had ancestors in African tribes that sold captives into slavery. They have to go, along with MLK day. Native Americans enslaved captives from other tribes. The Tecumseh/Tamanend statue at the US Naval Academy has to go, too. Many midshipmen will no longer pass exams as they will no longer be able to put a penny in his quiver and give a left handed salute for necessary luck.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I guess your suggestions will be properly considered by the States and local governments that are choosing to remove these statues and memorials.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So again I ask what's you point? Is it ok that blacks sold blacks? Is that your point? They did.. so the Europeans could too. It was all ok?

I'm still not getting why your bringing this up. Please help me understand.

Focusing on the past is not solving the problems of the present. Everyone is guilty of ancestors being slave owners. White, black, yellow, brown, native American, Greek, Roman, Indian, Persian, etc.

Where do you stop? Purportedly, we have all descended from an African 'Eve' so do we all make reparations to ourselves and tear down everything we have built?
edit on 9/14/2017 by pteridine because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they? What's the best way to undermine a culture, a people or a nation? You attack their "heroes". Obviously these idiots have no idea of right and/or wrong. Just products/beast doing what they've been trained to do when it needed done. Products of "social/public education" where what needed taught, wasn't. Puppets do a lot of things and have no idea who's pulling the strings. That's why it'll only get worse. Only shortly, it won't be "monuments".
edit on 14-9-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I guess your suggestions will be properly considered by the States and local governments that are choosing to remove these statues and memorials.

It is unlikely that the States and local governments will go further than statues of confederates in public places. The problems will be with groups who are aspiring thought police that would destroy what is not theirs out of arrogant ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ahhh...

The old: "Africans sold THEMSELVES into slavery" justification...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The English tried to starve the Irish (my ancestors) out of their own country. That's pretty much "White on white" aggression... I have no ill will against the English. But a lot of this "we'ns need get paid" crap! Needs to stop! Goerge Washington "owned slaves"! So what? My family in America, fought for the South, none of them owned "slaves". Slavery was known in Africa. Many "blacks".. "owned" slaves and sold them like cattle. I want my ancestors "Irland"/Eire back! And I think The UK. Should pay me for it. Lol! Nonsense! There's as many white Ns as there are black ones... Time for these idiots to grow up and become AMERICANS. Or be given the opportunity to go back home. Home? They wouldn't put up with their bs there!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

There's as many white Ns as there are black ones...

*SQUINTS*

What exactly was THAT supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

i know xuenchen that you are not that surprise, just like many other members and like myself, about this. Many of us knew that "this was about more than just confederate statues", even though we kept being inundated with claims that "it's just some stupid confederate statues".

Once you set a precedence it opens doors to re-write the history of a nation, in this case as the left and the globalists want it re-written. I was about to post an article which show how stupid it has become to the point that "the federal government is giving grants to a certain University to honor the legacy of a racist, and violent group". As soon as I post it, if it hasn't already, will put the link here.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

"Facts", are a, pretty good defence. There is a few historical documents that indicate this as "justification". Although, it is not tought in "public school". I wonder why? Maybe "knowledge is power? Maybe, Power = freedom? Can't imagine why the "educated class" keeps harping on "slavery". Hasn't been legal for a couple hundred years. I'm starting to believe, they just like causing vandalism. Which if I remember my history correctly, the "vandals" were a bunch of "white guys" in boats.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

If I have to spell it out, you probably couldn't read it. I already, pretty much did.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

BTW xunchen, here is the link I promised.

Feds give Berkeley $97,999 to 'Honor the Legacy' of Black Panther party

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Ahhh...

The old: "Africans sold THEMSELVES into slavery" justification...

Ahhhh....

Reality is not justification of anything. It is just reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Black people at Berkeley are demanding minority-only areas so they won't be intimidated by white people. We had minority-only places in the sixties, and black people didn't seem to like it much. Now they want them back? You like segregation when its your idea, but not when its someone else's?

i'm amazed you can compare being forced to segregrate, under penalty of law and violence, with desiring one's own space with such a straight face. the mind boggles...

While I can appreciate what you are saying I cant help but wonder why anyone would try to legitimize segregation under any purpose or intent...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Funny, I get a large number of replies for folks ignoring my posts; but it's your lie, you tell it how you like.

The Dukes show is no longer broadcast because a corporation made a business decision.

There is no "expression of freedom" being denied because of that.

You seem to forget that the flags, statues, etc. are being removed by State and local governments.

Take up your plodding platitudes with them; i'm not the biggest fan of government at any level as a matter of course.

Glad you got that off your chest.

Yes, we all know how proud you are of your stars, you work so hard for them after all.

Yes, the show was cancelled due to a business decision. This type of childish oversimplification is one of the things that is so annoying about you. Of course it was a business decision. What were the forces driving that decision? Was it fear of being labeled racist? Was it threats of boycotting their sponsors? We are not talking about the original show, but the reruns in syndication that have been pulled from the air recently.

Its not an "expression of freedom", its "freedom of expression". You know, speech. smh

Again, childish oversimplification. Yes it is states and local governments, as well as schools, businesses, and private parties, removing the statues - under pressure from hate groups like blm and antifa. Or simply out of fear from them. Lets not forget that people are getting attacked in the streets and on public transportation for wearing a Trump hat,or worse yet, looking the kind of person who would wear a Trump hat. Racial profiling, hate, bigotry, terrorism, all rolled in to one neat little package.

Spare me the detritus of your crumbling superiority complex. You need to get over yourself. You aren't that great.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think that particular 3rd part of the SSB was in reference to the slaves that were fighting for the British against the Americans, because they enslaved them.

Wonder why it's not part of what we sing at our sporting events and such.

Re-writting history much?... There was a division in all sides. It is believed that a minority, about 20%-30% of colonists fought with the British, while around the same amount 20%-30% fought with the colonists meanwhile the majority was in neither side, or changed sides that they thought were going to win. The same thing happened with blacks in the colonies. There were American colonies that also offered freedom for blacks if they fought alongside the colonists, and Britain used the same tactic as well as doing the same with Native Americans. The governments in the colonies even stopped colonists from moving into Indian lands as to avoid giving the Native Americans an excuse to join with the British.

edit on 14-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join