It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good God now they're going after the Francis Scott Key Memorial and the National Anthem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: xuenchen

Well you know it's a statue of a white man, therefore it is inherently racist and must be destroyed because "crybabies". So go ahead: destroy all signs of history , subjugate the white race and see if your lives are one iota better than they already are. Remember the Rwanda Genocide? The darker skinned Rwandans tried to anihilate the lighter skinned Rwandans. When the white man is no longer around to hate (and the mixing of races guarantees that eventually Americans will ALL be of mixed cultural descent- that is already WELL underway) who will you seek to subjugate then? Who will you blame for all of life's problems? Whose statues will you cry to have destroyed?

History always repeats itself. Hopefully I'll be long gone from this Earth before it does.

Maybe it's time to reinstitute slavery to remind this current day culture how bad it really was.

That's about the dumbest thing I've seen on this site.

Next time include an emoji or something to indicate you are being facetious.

Unless you're not...

And your brilliant observations are just astounding.

My observations are absolutely meaningless, in my opinion, but thanks for the kind words.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
''They''? Who are ''they''?
Vandals? Yes. Idiots? Yes.
But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SSB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?

Uhhh...No . If you observe US football, the ones taking the knee are the under performers trying to draw at least a bit of attention to themselves...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
nazis marching and beating people while the president winks and nods? fine, just fine. nothing to worry about. they don't represent anything. nobody really feels that way. they're harmless!

one act of vandalism on a statue? a bold point sign from heaven that the entire left wing has lost its mind and is destroying the american way of life! hysteria! panic in the streets! another thread of circle-jerking and back-patting!

what fascinating lives some of you lead... ripe pickings for amateur sociologists round these parts

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

There is no such thing as the NWO. It's a creation of conspiracy nuts.

Your epic ignorance is showing. Luckily, it can be cured, but like A.A., you have to admit it first. Good luck!! You can do it!!
edit on 13-9-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I hope they find these people who are damaging our national monuments and fine them a real lot and throw them in jail for six months. They need to take the money from these people, not just say pay when you can and send it to collections.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Never a truer word.

I'm getting quite annoyed that idiots who are allegedly left leaning are making a bad name for all of us.

Certain people who continue to post after post Left Hysteria threads, forget that the political spectrum is not clear cut Left and Right. There's different brands and factions.

I would really really like it if people would stop generalising and adding to the moral panic - IN ALL FACTIONS.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find DBCowboy about a horse.
edit on 13-9-2017 by auroraaus because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Those who did this are simple cowards. Had they ANY conviction to a cause they would protest to get the statue removed. The apologists for this behavior are just as gutless and spineless.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I thought the pink colour made it look pretty
Vibrant colours on concrete, neat

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Anything that was white, lives before the freedom of slaves, and was white again.. are doomed to be racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

Are you doubting their political beliefs? You don't vandalize they way it was done unless you are sending a political message.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

edit on 9/14/17 by Gothmog because: Never post angry at ignorance

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Lincolns statue will be vandalized next.

And after that, the Statue of Liberty.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sea reply to: pavilno, I just doubt there is much reason to the xtrapolate the actions and politicall beliefs of vandals and idiots
into some grandiose leftist agenda

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I am for the removal of certain "monuments", but this is not the same thing at all. For one thing, the ire appears to stem from a misreading of the lyrics involved, which, pretty clearly suggest that all men were equal under the bombardment, which is a fitting statement and a lesson which took too long for America the nation, to come around to an understanding on.

This misunderstanding is no better a foundation for a position on a matter, than the position of those who believe that statues erected nearly one hundred years after the confederate defeat, can be considered legitimate historical monuments, as opposed to propagandism rendered in bronze.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SPB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?

Yeah right....the 3rd stanza that pretty much nobody has ever heard and nobody has ever sung live in the history of pro sports.
Ask the dumbasses that are kneeling for the anthem, I can guarantee you that none of them even know there are 3 other parts.

I would wager that most of you didn't know there was more to the SSB, which is the topic of the OP.

Again, why do we not sing it?

you seem to have a bunch of answers and knowledge, please tell us, why don't we sing it?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am for the removal of certain "monuments", but this is not the same thing at all. For one thing, the ire appears to stem from a misreading of the lyrics involved, which, pretty clearly suggest that all men were equal under the bombardment, which is a fitting statement and a lesson which took too long for America the nation, to come around to an understanding on.

This misunderstanding is no better a foundation for a position on a matter, than the position of those who believe that statues erected nearly one hundred years after the confederate defeat, can be considered legitimate historical monuments, as opposed to propagandism rendered in bronze.

Oh, it's a slippery slope brother. Who gets' to decide? Who draws the line? When it's mob rules, expect the stupid to rise to the top. This is just one of the reasons your statue removal is a bad idea. there are plenty more.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The vandal will probably turn out to be a white supremacist trying to provide reactionaries with propaganda.
edit on 14-9-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: RazorV66

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SPB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?

Yeah right....the 3rd stanza that pretty much nobody has ever heard and nobody has ever sung live in the history of pro sports.
Ask the dumbasses that are kneeling for the anthem, I can guarantee you that none of them even know there are 3 other parts.

I would wager that most of you didn't know there was more to the SSB, which is the topic of the OP.

Again, why do we not sing it?

you seem to have a bunch of answers and knowledge, please tell us, why don't we sing it?

Because Americans are impatient and want to get straight to the ball game. (The tune is also difficult, and there is no point prolonging the attempt.)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The thing with slippery slopes is, we are always on one, no matter what we do. The moment hands come off the tiller, what was a freedom loving, idealistic locale, becomes a militaristic den of scum and villainy. The moment an eye comes off the ball, the very financial freedom which is supposed to create innovation, becomes instead a corporatocracy whose controllers are above the law and beyond criticism.

Choose your slopes well, and pay attention always more to where your pinion is at, than what lay at the top of the peak, and you might just pull through it either way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I can't get over how stupid this really is.

All of it.

yes, the opening poster sensationalizing graffiti and dumb posters here outraged by spray paint is stupid.

ats these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join