It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good God now they're going after the Francis Scott Key Memorial and the National Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This statue situation seems to be an attempt to create some weird amalgamation of Murphy's Law and Darwin Awards.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that a lot of this vandalism has less to do with fighting a cause, and more of an excuse to go break some $hit.

The same goes for some of these protests. I think there's the "true believers" but the majority of the protestors are out there because it's the cool thing to do. Pretty much the hipsters of activism, protesting is now a status symbol or something to brag about instead of sending a message

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
''They''? Who are ''they''?
Vandals? Yes. Idiots? Yes.
But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SPB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?

Yeah right....the 3rd stanza that pretty much nobody has ever heard and nobody has ever sung live in the history of pro sports.
Ask the dumbasses that are kneeling for the anthem, I can guarantee you that none of them even know there are 3 other parts.

I would wager that most of you didn't know there was more to the SSB, which is the topic of the OP.

Again, why do we not sing it?
edit on 13-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This sort of thing is asinine, just asinine.

Why don't we, instead, go after the sorts of criminals who would attempt to lynch a little boy? Or change aspects within today's society that will make the above event the past history. But that, I fear, is too much work for today's ten second attention span. Nor does it sell advertising space on the news networks.

Francis Scott Key? Really?

I really need to win the Lotto so I can buy my own uncharted desert isle, much further than a three hour boat ride from anyone...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It does, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No one today had anything to do with what happened in that time. And it has ended. What more is there other than a lesson learned and actually moving on.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: xuenchen

Well you know it's a statue of a white man, therefore it is inherently racist and must be destroyed because "crybabies". So go ahead: destroy all signs of history , subjugate the white race and see if your lives are one iota better than they already are. Remember the Rwanda Genocide? The darker skinned Rwandans tried to anihilate the lighter skinned Rwandans. When the white man is no longer around to hate (and the mixing of races guarantees that eventually Americans will ALL be of mixed cultural descent- that is already WELL underway) who will you seek to subjugate then? Who will you blame for all of life's problems? Whose statues will you cry to have destroyed?

History always repeats itself. Hopefully I'll be long gone from this Earth before it does.

Maybe it's time to reinstitute slavery to remind this current day culture how bad it really was.

That's about the dumbest thing I've seen on this site.

Next time include an emoji or something to indicate you are being facetious.

Unless you're not...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Well some believe it is racist just to be an American. How soon do we forget about the issue of slavery going well beyond just happening in America. Maybe slavery's origins can be traced back to where it all begin and then we can all know who to really blame for it.

BwaaHaHaHa

(Wink Wink)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well you know it's a statue of a white man, therefore it is inherently racist and must be destroyed because "crybabies". So go ahead: destroy all signs of history , subjugate the white race and see if your lives are one iota better than they already are. Remember the Rwanda Genocide? The darker skinned Rwandans tried to anihilate the lighter skinned Rwandans. When the white man is no longer around to hate (and the mixing of races guarantees that eventually Americans will ALL be of mixed cultural descent- that is already WELL underway) who will you seek to subjugate then? Who will you blame for all of life's problems? Whose statues will you cry to have destroyed?

History always repeats itself. Hopefully I'll be long gone from this Earth before it does.

Maybe it's time to reinstitute slavery to remind this current day culture how bad it really was.

Unless you're not...

Yeah, I just kind of ignored that and assumed that (s)he was being facetious and/or hyperbolic.

But, yeah, pretty stupid otherwise.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

Reality and Logic mean Zero.

It's all about what the majority of "people" "think".

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Think?

You are assuming that these people are actually thinking?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

No one today had anything to do with what happened in that time. And it has ended. What more is there other than a lesson learned and actually moving on.

Nothing. But this contrived outrage is much easier than actually changing bad things that are actually happening.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The NWO is the central banking system that is worldwide.

It controls 90% of life on Earth right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

The NWO is the central banking system that is worldwide.

It controls 90% of life on Earth right now.

Ya, like I said....conspiratorial bull#.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
According to [url=According to Wikipedia slavery wasn't abolished in England until 1833, long after the revolutionary war.

Another interesting article on Britian Slavery

Seems Britian's were enslaved from 54 AD but didn't get a good price. Arabs and later Muslims traded slaves (seems muslim trading was based mostly on religion) as well as the African slave trade where they used pow's to trade.

Interesting...seems to be learned.
edit on 13-9-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Nothing. But this contrived outrage is much easier than actually changing bad things that are actually happening.

Exactly. It's too much work or acceptance.

Also a situation where some want something to be upset over and this will do for now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Exactly. It's too much work or acceptance.

Also a situation where some want something to be upset over and this will do for now.

It's about as dumb as protesting the confederate flag, if you ask me, but let's at least provide some proper context before we knee-jerk like a bunch of sissies.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So does this mean that starting thread after thread that defy reality and logic is meaningless unless enough people star and flag the thread to validate it?

edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 13 Sep 2017 21:31:55 -0500Wed, 13 Sep 2017 21:31:55 -050017092017-09-13T21:31:55-05:00900000031 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

One of these days you might "get it".

But for now just stay calm and relax.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Unless you're not...

And your brilliant observations are just astounding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join