It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good God now they're going after the Francis Scott Key Memorial and the National Anthem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No boundaries are impassable it seems.

Now the Francis Scott Key memorial has been attacked !!

Vandals spray painted references to racists and slave owners !!

Big problem here if Democrats are to get any support in 2018.

Francis Scott Key has been "credited" with the Star Spangled Banner song that was officially recognized as the U.S. National Anthem in 1931.

He wrote something in 1814 after seeing a naval bombardment in Baltimore by the British.

Read some background first...
The Star-Spangled Banner

"The Star-Spangled Banner" is the national anthem of the United States of America. The lyrics come from "Defence of Fort M'Henry",[2] a poem written on September 14, 1814, by the 35-year-old lawyer and amateur poet Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships of the Royal Navy in Baltimore Harbor during the Battle of Baltimore in the War of 1812. Key was inspired by the large American flag, the Star-Spangled Banner, flying triumphantly above the fort during the American victory.

Articles about the vandalism........

'Racist Anthem:' Francis Scott Key Memorial Vandalized In Baltimore

Vandals defaced a statue of Francis Scott Key in Baltimore Tuesday night, scrawling "racist anthem" on the memorial's base and splashing it with red and black paint, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Authorities also say two stanzas of the third verse of Key's "Star Spangled Banner," the national anthem, were scrawled on the ground, in an apparent effort to explain why poor Francis was the latest targeted in a string of statue defacing incidents:

No refuge could save, Hireling or slave,

From terror of flight, Or gloom of grave.

Francis Scott Key memorial vandalized in Baltimore: ‘Racist anthem’

A statue memorializing Francis Scott Key, the writer of “The Star Spangled Banner,” was found vandalized Wednesday morning in Baltimore.
The words, “Racist anthem,” and lyrics from the national anthem were spray painted on the base of the large, Bolton Hill statue and the ground surrounding it.
“No refuge could save hireling or slave, From terror of flight or gloom of grave,” the graffiti read, The Baltimore Sun reported.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can't get over how stupid this really is.

All of it.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No boundaries because no reason. They lack any sense of reason, any rationality.

They are Abaddon. They are Apollyon.

They are literally out of their minds.

edit on 2017 9 13 by incoserv because: I could.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well some believe it is racist just to be an American. How soon do we forget about the issue of slavery going well beyond just happening in America. Maybe slavery's origins can be traced back to where it all begin and then we can all know who to really blame for it.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I can't wait to see what the next target is going to be.

I heard that slaves are mentioned in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think that particular 3rd part of the SSB was in reference to the slaves that were fighting for the British against the Americans, because they enslaved them.

Wonder why it's not part of what we sing at our sporting events and such.

edit on 13-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
And I don't believe 'they' will stop until we're so sterilized we have NOTHING left...
To be proud of.
To believe in.
To unite behind.
To stand up for.
Etc.

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
''They''? Who are ''they''?
Vandals? Yes. Idiots? Yes.
But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But attempts to paint these idiotic vandals as examples of some larger reactionary left wing dementia is reactionary in itself.

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SSB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?
edit on 13-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Can't we just ignore these people?

If we stop feeding these trolls won't they go away?

edit on 2017/9/13 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I can't wait to see what the next target is going to be.

I heard that slaves are mentioned in the Bible.

No worries. Religions are protected.

Even if their texts mention slaves.

Let's not go full drama queen.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

They lack any sense of reason, any rationality.

Quite the contrary. They know exactly what they're doing: destroying western history, tradition and culture, so they can replace it with a society of their own engineering.

What they're doing looks a bit silly on the surface at times, but there's a method to their madness (and it truly is madness).

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Can't we just ignore these people?

If we stop feeding them they will go away.

No they won't.

Tomorrow night at Berkeley, Ben Shapiro is scheduled to talk.

Tune in and tell me if the behavior of these Bolsheviks should be ignored?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: incoserv

They lack any sense of reason, any rationality.

Quite the contrary. They know exactly what they're doing: destroying western history, tradition and culture, so they can replace it with a society of their own engineering.

What they're doing looks a bit silly on the surface at times, but there's a method to their madness (and it truly is madness).

You are correct in that PC culture is a tool of the NWO.

They need to destroy the culture and nationalism of the Western Countries through unfettered legal and illegal immigration and through the destruction of our culture.

It is a true threat to all of us.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well you know it's a statue of a white man, therefore it is inherently racist and must be destroyed because "crybabies". So go ahead: destroy all signs of history , subjugate the white race and see if your lives are one iota better than they already are. Remember the Rwanda Genocide? The darker skinned Rwandans tried to anihilate the lighter skinned Rwandans. When the white man is no longer around to hate (and the mixing of races guarantees that eventually Americans will ALL be of mixed cultural descent- that is already WELL underway) who will you seek to subjugate then? Who will you blame for all of life's problems? Whose statues will you cry to have destroyed?

History always repeats itself. Hopefully I'll be long gone from this Earth before it does.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are correct in that PC culture is a tool of the NWO.

There is no such thing as the NWO. It's a creation of conspiracy nuts.

They need to destroy the culture and nationalism of the Western Countries through unfettered legal and illegal immigration and through the destruction of our culture.

That seems a bit redundant, but ok. Let's not forget that Western countries, such as the US, are built on the backs of many different cultures. There is not one single culture to speak of.

You're just afraid of yours becoming insignificant or irrelevant.

It is a true threat to all of us.

No. Just a threat to those like you that have no desire to accept that others may not live, think or believe as you do.

To that, I say good riddance.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Wasn't the 3rd stanza of the SPB the reason that NFL football player decided to kneel during it being played?

Yeah right....the 3rd stanza that pretty much nobody has ever heard and nobody has ever sung live in the history of pro sports.
Ask the dumbasses that are kneeling for the anthem, I can guarantee you that none of them even know there are 3 other parts.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You just can't ignore a charging rabid bull coming straight at you. These people have completely lost their marbles.
edit on 13-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Well you know it's a statue of a white man, therefore it is inherently racist and must be destroyed because "crybabies". So go ahead: destroy all signs of history , subjugate the white race and see if your lives are one iota better than they already are. Remember the Rwanda Genocide? The darker skinned Rwandans tried to anihilate the lighter skinned Rwandans. When the white man is no longer around to hate (and the mixing of races guarantees that eventually Americans will ALL be of mixed cultural descent- that is already WELL underway) who will you seek to subjugate then? Who will you blame for all of life's problems? Whose statues will you cry to have destroyed?

History always repeats itself. Hopefully I'll be long gone from this Earth before it does.

Maybe it's time to reinstitute slavery to remind this current day culture how bad it really was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join