It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not Capable Of Harming Mother Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I keep hearing, day in and day out that we are harming mother Earth.

Please, let me know how.

Climate change this, climate change that.

Let me tell you something, Earth has been through alot more crap than what humans have ever brought.
The worst we have done is made it slightly uncomfortable for our living conditions then what we are use to.

People have been dumbed down with electricity and the internet.
We are merely fleas on this planet. What we do now will not affect the planet that we live on.

Just our comfort level.

Think about it, millions of years ago, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, how many large animals like a brontosaurs farted or pissed.

Think those numbers would be greater than what humans produce every year.

Than, supposedly, an asteroid hit, causing the rise of mammals , and eventually humans, virtually wiping out those large beast, the dinosaurs.

Did the Earth, our mother Earth perish?

No.

She keeps rolling along until in a few billion years, our sun expanding, will consume her.

Climate change is nothing. The only thing it affects are the people who are bitching about their comfort levels.

Well, that any those people making money off off all this crap.

Discuss amongst yourselves.................

edit on 13-9-2017 by Groot because: Grammar nazi wife made me do it

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Check out Carlin on this:

www.youtube.com...

Only 4 F bombs in 8 minutes. You'll dig it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Isn't the point rather that we can hurt ourselves?

I'm sure this rock will be here long after we perish.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah who cares about loss of habitat or if a few species go extinct due to human behavior anyways!

It's not like we share the planet with other living organisms. They shoulda been smart enough not to mess with our planet!

We have no responsibilities to our Earth, I hear ya OP!

edit on 13-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You're right. I mean, what effect could we ever have on the Earth..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Just our comfort level.

NO, not just our ''comfort level'',
Our ''survival level''. This is what people are concerned about, not whether or not the Earth undergoes a drastic swing in this or that direction. Of course it is evident that the planet as an ecosystem fluctuates and morphs through the ages and still maintains itself as a bed of life. But it is not that aspect of Earth that is concerning, only whether or not it is habitable to human civilization. That is the question that needs answering.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's not Mother Earth I'm worried about.

I don't want to breathe dirty air, drink poisoned water, or eat the s# we call food.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Check out Carlin on this:

www.youtube.com...

Only 4 F bombs in 8 minutes. You'll dig it.

Exactly ! LOL !!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Eventually the Earth will shake us off like a bad cold. Humans are essentially a virus to the planet that had run rampant and multiplied beyond sustainability. The Earth will be here long after we as a species has ceased to exist and another dominant species will rise to take our place. Maybe the dinosaurs will get another day in court!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
It's not Mother Earth I'm worried about.

I don't want to breathe dirty air, drink poisoned water, or eat the s# we call food.

This you should be worried about Mother Earth because Mother earth provided all those clean stuff before. The Lake used to be drinkable. It is called pollution and industrialization. Also the bio weapons cause by USA. Rivers are no longer drinkable. If the people simply stop using sewage, creating dirty junk, and actually let winter do its thing we would have clean water for life. Salting the road man.
edit on 13-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

She keeps rolling along until in a few billion years, our sun expanding, will consume her.

So you're saying we need to get rid of the sun.

*nods*

Okay.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty sure in another thread we discussed the merits of nuking the sun and found them to be worthy.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I remember.

Let me make some calls.

I'll get this started.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Isn't the point rather that we can hurt ourselves?

I'm sure this rock will be here long after we perish.

Yes sir, the point is saving ourselves. Not the Earth, as many claim.

But you know what?

We made it through the last ice age bigger and better than ever.

So who is to say we will not come out on top again?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You're right. I mean, what effect could we ever have on the Earth..

Yeah, that's nothing.

At least throw a few nuclear bombs in there , still, you have nothing .

LOL !

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Just our comfort level.

NO, not just our ''comfort level'',
Our ''survival level''. This is what people are concerned about, not whether or not the Earth undergoes a drastic swing in this or that direction. Of course it is evident that the planet as an ecosystem fluctuates and morphs through the ages and still maintains itself as a bed of life. But it is not that aspect of Earth that is concerning, only whether or not it is habitable to human civilization. That is the question that needs answering.

You do understand it is about our comfort level, right?

Losing electricity?

What do you think would happen.

That is not basic survival.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

We are merely fleas on this planet. What we do now will not affect the planet that we live on.

Fleas, ticks, even smaller microorganisms are puny compared to the hosts that they are able to debilitate and kill.

Climate change is a natural part of Solar and Earth cycles; multiple Ice Ages & multiple warming periods. This is a fact, however, we can not discount man's supplemental effects to not only weather patterns, but also to Earth's entire biome.

We can not deny the massive amounts of pollutants that we are spreading throughout the soil, dumping into the water, and releasing into the air. We can not ignore the natural landscapes and habitats that we have destroyed. We can not ignore the animals that we have personally pushed into annihilation and extinction, and the many more who teeter on the brink. We can not deny the inhumanity, war, murder, violence, hate, rape, subjugation, and poverty faced by our fellow humans.

When we look deeply into the workings of Earth-based activity, we discover that each and every thing adds to an intricate balance of cause-and-effect. We may be comparable to fleas, but we are certainly having a detrimental effect on the health of this beautiful planet.

edit on 9/13/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Groot

So you're saying we need to get rid of the sun.

*nods*

Okay.

Never said that. LOL !

Unless you are some sort of vampire or immortal and plan on living that long, then good luck !

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

Fleas, ticks, even smaller microorganisms are puny compared to the hosts that they are able to debilitate and kill.

Climate change is a natural part of Solar and Earth cycles; multiple Ice Ages & multiple warming periods. This is a fact, however, we can not discount man's supplemental effects to not only weather patterns, but also to Earth's entire biome.

We can not deny the massive amounts of pollutants that we are spreading throughout the soil, dumping into the water, and releasing into the air. We can not ignore the natural landscapes and habitats that we have destroyed. We can not ignore the animals that we have personally pushed into annihilation and extinction, and the many more who teeter on the brink. We can not deny the inhumanity, war, murder, violence, hate, rape, subjugation, and poverty faced by our fellow humans.

When we look deeply into the workings of Earth-based activity, we discover that each and every thing adds to an intricate balance of cause-and-effect. We may be comparable to fleas, but we are certainly having a detrimental effect on the health of this beautiful planet.

Maybe you need to take a look at Chernobyl and the nature around there after the nuclear meltdown.

Humanity has little affect on it. It recovers and moves on.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Eventually the Earth will shake us off like a bad cold. Humans are essentially a virus to the planet that had run rampant and multiplied beyond sustainability. The Earth will be here long after we as a species has ceased to exist and another dominant species will rise to take our place. Maybe the dinosaurs will get another day in court!

I agree !

Thinking we are mere habitants on this planet and maybe another species will come along who are not near as whiny and can adapt to changes in the environment alot better.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join