It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI to scan people political views. All Communists must go to jail!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

theweek.com...

The article say, just be scanning your face. It determines your political view. It can also determine your sexual views.

Quote: "Could a quick face scan by artificial intelligence (AI) someday be able to determine whether you're liberal or conservative? Stanford University professor Michal Kosinski claims that AI will eventually be able to guess exactly that — and more.

Based off of just photos of people's faces, Kosinski told The Guardian that a computer program will be able to tell "whether they have high IQs, whether they are predisposed to criminal behavior, whether they have specific personality traits and many other private, personal details." "The face is an observable proxy for a wide range of factors, like your life history, your development factors, whether you're healthy," he said.

Kosinski was behind the controversial study published last week claiming that AI can guess a person's sexual orientation "

AI: Your working together. Therefore you must be communist! Capitalist only! *Calls Gov*.
edit on 13-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But Kosinksi argued the technology could be useful in beneficial ways, such as determing which students may need more help in school. "The technologies sound very dangerous and scary on the surface, but if used properly or ethically, they can really improve our existence," Kosinski said.
-OP Source

Brave New World!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The key word in his statement is IF it is used for good it could be used for good things .

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Not to advocate for the sorting of people by any means, but Communism has done much worse to millions of people without the use of AI.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The a.i. isnt as good as the one in my brain.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
considering what the dumb americans call a left wing party is universally recognized as a right wing party, not one american would be arrested for communism.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

The article say, just be scanning your face. It determines your political view. It can also determine your sexual views.

Alright I might as well confess now instead of it coming out later!

ATS, I'm an apathetic pervert!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

From the guardian link:

Kosinski said previous studies have found that conservative politicians tend to be more attractive than liberals, possibly because good-looking people have more advantages and an easier time getting ahead in life.

Rofl. You should have started a thread about that, I'm having a hard time to take our pretty boy serious now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hitler and his Ilk had a belief in Phrenology, they also believed that you could determine if a person was a criminal just by there appearance and of course in racial superiority among other thing's.

All of it was discredited, after all the men calling other's criminal's were actually subhuman filth and dirty mass murdering criminal's themselves.

This sound's like some guy with a few computer degree's is trying to set up a program based on this same false science and to sell it to the neo nazi elite whom want to rule over you big brother style.

I do not agree that this technology can tell orientation of sexual preference let alone tell a persons political persuasion, rather it is more likely to be able to tell medical factor's such as health indicators.

This is essentially like putting an invisible bar code on people's head's, it is wrong ethically and morally as well as historically.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

From the guardian link:

Kosinski said previous studies have found that conservative politicians tend to be more attractive than liberals, possibly because good-looking people have more advantages and an easier time getting ahead in life.

Wow, I'd like to see the AI's heuristics on determining what is considered to be attractive.
I am not buying this AI capability.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

not one american would be arrested for communism.

I sure hope not... that would suck.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

From the guardian link:

Wow, I'd like to see the AI's heuristics on determining what is considered to be attractive.
I am not buying this AI capability.

ganjoa
they need a heuristic understanding system.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is nothing more than modern day phrenology. I hope people don't fall for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How soon until these AI "determinations" start to become self fulfilling?

When for example beeing deemed "predisposed to criminal behavior" closes doors and leaves a life of crime the only choice?

We as a society need to start getting a handle on these algorithms that are already determining so much of our lives.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I lol'd at the idea that this would only be used against "Communists".

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just because we can do something, should it always be legal to do so? We should have laws that prevents use of technology that interludes on privacy without the consent of individual or laws specifically addressing and allowing use of such technology.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just because we can do something, should it always be legal to do so?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I lol'd at the idea that this would only be used against "Communists".

Oh, but they will. Just like always. Communists have been known to work together. The true slave system is feudal fascist. The never ending war on Communists. We are always at war against Communism. Nothing is free so pay for it.
edit on 13-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

All Communists must go to jail!

Thankfully liberals will be able to post pro-Hillary diatribes from ATS at prison-provided computers...
[Once they learn how to read of course]

-Chris

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

He's referring to "other studies" there.

Since good-looking politicians win more votes, a beauty advantage for politicians on the left or on the right is bound to have political consequences. We show that politicians on the right look more beautiful in Europe, the United States and Australia.

www.sciencedirect.com...

Can't make this up, but it's election year and the CDU is a beauty farm cuz they won lotta elections. Now we have data! They finally cracked the secret Illuminati code of Aschenbrödel Merkel!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join