It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is War Coming ? I think so.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A week or so ago there were a few reports in the media about Israel conducting preparatory maneuvers to invade Lebanon, again.

Israel Prepares for Another War With Hezbollah as IDF Practices Lebanon Invasion

From the source above.

Israel is carrying out its largest military drills in 20 years along its northern border, including practicing an attack on Hezbollah inside Lebanon.

Over 10 days, Israel’s land, air, sea and intelligence forces will prepare to invade Lebanon in the event of a another war with the Shiite paramilitary organization, with which it fought a bloody conflict in 2006.

While being unusual, for a country that's on a permanent war footing it's probably not really all that shocking.

Then this happened;

Israel’s religious military exemption law is unconstitutional – Supreme Court

The exemption stems from 1949, when then defense minister David Ben-Gurion, who was also the country's first prime minister, allowed 400 students to be excluded from military service on the grounds that “their studies are their craft.”

To me this can only be described as extraordinary and points to what I believe will be a substantial and prolonged campaign sometime in the next 12 months.

Clearly, with Iran using Hezbollah more and more to execute it's foreign policy outcomes, particularly in Syria, this has gotten Israel well offside and it would appear to me that they intend on crushing that capacity for Iran.

So ATS what do you reckon. Personally I think this is going to be a big one but I hope I'm wildly wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Israel is too smart to fight a war themselves.

They will get the U.S. to do it for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep, always from the shadows. It seems like the media is getting ready to start ramping up stories of atrocities in and around Syria. Just as the area is starting to stabilize again. Syria and Iran working together against their hostile neighbor? Can't have that now can we.

It is almost like someone is afraid of peace in this area. Maybe because it will highlight things that a certain tribe doesn't want exposure on?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You have to ask yourself would this be the first time that Israel has invaded Lebanon ? Not to mention the times Israel has bluffed Hezballoh into calming down ?
Thats the question.
You have to find out for yourself
As a teacher , I flunked out...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

War never left.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Peace process of occupation.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: underwerks

Peace process of occupation.

Huh yeah we know war dang it, war is not coming it is just by the appearances that we think it has been peace in the mean time, war is the most wealthy business in the world, so where would war ever go really.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Every time the Zionists have invaded Lebanon they have been forced out by Syria and the Lebanese people.

With Syria busy fighting Islamic State, Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra and all those other wonderful groups they won't be able to come to the aid of Lebanon this time around.

Hezbollah is all tied up helping the Syrian and Iraqi armies as well.

Bad times ahead for Lebanon if these reports are true. Beirut will look like Gaza.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hezbollah terrorists got some fighting experience in Syria and now probably think they have a chance against Israel.
Nothing new for Israel there, they have been in this situation multiple times before.
If Hezbollah doesn't do anything stupid, I don't think there will be a war. But Hezbollah is a Shi'a Islamist militant group, I really don't expect anything but 'stupid' from them.

As to orthodox Jews in Israel, they think god gave them special privileges. Why is it that all religious people think they are so special?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

It is almost like someone is afraid of peace in this area. Maybe because it will highlight things that a certain tribe doesn't want exposure on?

There was never peace in this area. Why? Two words: Arab Muslims.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Your premise here is outdated. War is always happening somewhere in the world, coming is a surety because its already happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Every time the Zionists have invaded Lebanon they have been forced out by Syria and the Lebanese people.

Except for the Christian Lebanese people of course, who always fighted the Islamist alongside Israel.

With Syria busy fighting Islamic State, Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra and all those other wonderful groups they won't be able to come to the aid of Lebanon this time around.

Hezbollah is in no way represents Lebanon, only themselves. Lebanon actually has it's own army and government. Hezbollah is just another terror organization from your list.

Hezbollah is all tied up helping the Syrian and Iraqi armies as well.

They already finished helping Assad wiping out all opposition to his regime. Nasralla announced today that they won the war in Syria. They will be crawling back to their holes very soon.

Bad times ahead for Lebanon if these reports are true. Beirut will look like Gaza.

Only if Hezbollah will seize power. But this will never happen, the Lebanese will never allow it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The U.S.A. has been in a perpetual "war" for a few decades now.

What's a few more years going to hurt?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Israel is too smart to fight a war themselves.

They will get the U.S. to do it for them.

Iran is the big theme here. If Isreal can get it going face on not only with Hezbollah but Iran too then USA will be drawn into the conflict if things don't go Israel's way. For the Yanks it'll be jump in and take out Iran or watch Israel nuke Iran with all the falloout regionally. Netanyahu and his ilk are playing a very devious game here to get another state crossed off the list of the Axis of Evil.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Iran is the big theme here. If Isreal can get it going face on not only with Hezbollah but Iran too then USA will be drawn into the conflict if things don't go Israel's way. For the Yanks it'll be jump in and take out Iran or watch Israel nuke Iran with all the falloout regionally. Netanyahu and his ilk are playing a very devious game here to get another state crossed off the list of the Axis of Evil.

I didn't want to mention any of this, but being honest, I suspect in the end the whole reason for the details in the OP is as you have suggested.

Sure, a substantial conflict against Hezbollah will be the first cab off the rank, but, this time I think they want more.

With a US President openly aggressive towards Iran, I think all it would take is a strategic false flag, lets say a chemical attack against Israeli troops, to draw the US into a much larger conflict.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

While being unusual, for a country that's on a permanent war footing it's probably not really all that shocking.

In what way is this unusual? I spent a considerable amount of my time when I served preparing for all sorts of potential engagements and conflicts from pacifying urban looting to NBC attacks and everything in between. All countries ar constantly preparing for a multitude of engagement scenarios. Israel would likewise, given the last 70 years of their history with their immediate neighbors, plan for engagements with any and all of them. Lebanon, being the safe haven of Hezbollah, is and should be, a prime training exercise. I just don't see this as the highly suspicious or unusual exercise that it appears to you.

top topics

join