It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage as well-known rapper 'lynches' small white child in music video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Music is fiction. No different than a movie.

It's way closer to "this is what I thought " or "this is what I wanted to do". Rather Than it is "this is what I did."

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Music is fiction. No different than a movie.

It's way closer to "this is what I thought " or "this is what I wanted to do". Rather Than it is "this is what I did."

That may be; but for me, every time I am somewhere where I am forced to listen to rap, I come away feelling agitated, annoyed, ear raped and craving something peaceful. Just saying!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what's amazing is that you parents probably felt the same way about the music you were listening to as a kid...
I know my mom did in the 70's!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
what's amazing is that you parents probably felt the same way about the music you were listening to as a kid...
I know my mom did in the 70's!!!

I'm sure, but I was a kid in the 70's, and I can assure you there were NO songs with the N word in it, and other various graphic sexual references, that is just poor taste!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But...but....but....racism against whites in all forms of popular media doesn't exist!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Also, why doesn't Black Lives Matter mobilize members to help the hurting people in Texas and Florida. As we see on the news, there are thousands of African Americans in need of assistance in both states. For that matter, why isn't the outspoken NAACP, ANTIFA, or the "Stronger Together" DNC doing much of anything to ease suffering of Texans and Floridians?

From a political standpoint, I'm glad to see them turn a blind eye to the suffering. It proves how callous, crazy, selfish they are. But from a humanity standpoint, they're beyond disgusting.

What happened here? BLM people pay some white guys to hang their banner for them at the Boston Red Sox Game yesterday?
www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If it happened as reported, it's disgusting, and I'd hate to know what these kids' parents are teaching them.

That said, I need more information, as the story is based way too much on hearsay and one side to know exactly what happened--and I hate that I have to think that way. But there have been too many faked instances of assaults and vandalism on behalf of racism lately from both sides that necessitate slight skepticism when a story is reported the way that this one is.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Crap like this is just publicity even though it bad publicity, and the rapper just appealing to his white manager and his own skin colour.

If I commented on Soulja Boy rap music on YouTube. He probably be rich after the amount of comment he'd get from me.

Crap like this is just advertising to stir apot, due to the lack of actual skill in performance. And they can't make a buck with out having some hater or trollz feed them some cash. # this guy probably made fifty cents of this post.

Anyone dumb enough to fight going to get charged in reality. And any one foolish enough to follow such hate is going to get laid out, and tossed into the trash bin.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That's prob because your old lol..

We gain a tolerance for endorphins as we age. Music that used to cause your brain to release those endorphins no longer does, UNLESS it's from nostalgia.

That's why every generations music is hated by the generations who preceded it..

Do you really think "achy breaky heart" is good music?? Lol

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No whites have helped champion civil rights for all of American history.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

That's prob because your old lol..

We gain a tolerance for endorphins as we age. Music that used to cause your brain to release those endorphins no longer does, UNLESS it's from nostalgia.

That's why every generations music is hated by the generations who preceded it..

Do you really think "achy breaky heart" is good music?? Lol

I actually don't care for that song, no offense to whoever sings it; but yes, because of all the rap crap on the radio lately, I've discovered the Country channel, and it is soothing.

I do like some old rap because it was more upbeat, the crap nowadays you can hardly make out what they are saying, and when you can it's disgusting. The message from grand master flash, now that was good rap!
edit on 14-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Racism is just part of his culture, and he aint white, so that makes it right.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
All due respect to Morgan Freeman, but if not talking about it worked, we wouldn't be where we are right now. Keeping it hidden doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just lets it fester and get worse.

I don't think he (nor I) meant to suggest putting your head in the sand, as it were, and completely ignore the issue of racism, because of course it exists.

I think what MF meant was to ignore the colour of peoples' skin and talk to each other like you were blind -- all you hear is another human being. Not a black person or a white person or a person. Just a person.

Of course, difference races of people have difference frequencies and harmonics to their voices which again, could be the 'racial' discrimination identifier other than colour.. (shrug)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

While I understand Freedom of speech; there is such a thing as responsibility. I can't stand most rap because the messages I hear are all about violence, sex, drugs ..... makes me like country more and more.

The worse are the ones that use the N word 80+ times in one song (if you can call it that).

Kids are listening, I wish artists would reach higher while creating.

Many artists do reach higher, problem is the companies that promote rap artists only care about money.
Notoriety and controversy get publicity and thus sales.
The more outrageous the more money they make.
It's a terrible example of capitalism at it's worst.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Depicting such a thing would seem to e to fall under laws concerning incitement to crime. Why isn't this scumbag being arrested?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
To call it distasteful would be to underscore it by several orders of magnitude.

This is, however, free expression. Not one whit different than a scene from a movie.

I don't like it, and I'll say so to the day I die, but I'll also defend his right, no matter how disgusting, to say/perform it. I'm not required to attend his concert, obviously I'm not his target demographic.

So, if someone were to hang an effigy of a black person in a school, or library, or whatever, that would be fine, since it would be their own free expression?

Fro what we have seen, when people faked such "hate crimes", that was not the response at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: sine.nomine
Well he has a message with this and you take a different meaning. No surprise there. Very few on this site are his target demographic. I've never heard of the guy.

His message is irrelevant. He's fighting a perceived hatred with hatred. The point is the blatant double standard, and his willingness to accept that society wouldn't care if the races we're switched. That is, by definition, racism. I'm all for free speech and art, but not when only some people are free to do it.

Add to the double-standard, is the simple fact that there are imbalanced and drugged people in this country who will take that video depiction and carry it out in real life.

originally posted by: Kali74

So you're just going to continue to whine about your white persecution and ignore the actual attempted lynching of an 8 year old bi-racial child by white teens?

Do you really not see that what happened to that child could be directly related to this video?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

By your reckoning then, any voice that doesn't toe the line, whatever that line may be, is to be suppressed?

Am I fine with an effigy being hung? Why not ask me if I've stopped beating people?

Either speech is totally free, or it's not free at all. That's a lesson I've had to relearn--right here on ATS, as I recall.

An it harm none, do what you will.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ironic, as civil war statues are coming down all over the country as symbols of "racism", this is ok. Perfect example of the total hypocrisy and double standard we are living in. Zero tolerance for perceived racism from white people, but its totally ok to hate on whites 24/7.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Ironic, as civil war statues are coming down all over the country as symbols of "racism", this is ok. Perfect example of the total hypocrisy and double standard we are living in. Zero tolerance for perceived racism from white people, but its totally ok to hate on whites 24/7.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join