It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Deletes Hundreds Of One-Star Reviews Of Hillary Clinton's New Book

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The user reviews were up before the book was even released for sale. Now, we can certainly say ALL reviews that were impossibly fast upon Amazon opening the review panel before anyone even had their hands on the book should have been deleted, both the 1 stars and the 5 stars, because they're all disingenuous... but with that said, I can't find fault with Amazon deleting reviews from people who clearly couldn't have read the book.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Actually, I stand corrected. They don't remove all of these kinds of reviews. I thought their policy from last October was stronger than it really is (HERE). But it seems aimed at paid fake reviews that fraudulently boost sellers, not simply troll reviews.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

yep thats how they do it,i THINK every now and then they let a few of the fake ones stay up if they are funny,like the 185inch samsung tv reviews they kept most of the fake ones up because they were hilarious and it was kind of free advertising

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I got an Onyx and silver ring from Amazon today(really). Would you like my review?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
www.amazon.com... 105 inch tv reviews lol i found it! the reviews are gold

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

That is one book that a lot of people would buy even though they hate that old gal with a passion. So it figures, that she would be getting tons of single stars. Then you have the supporters and Bernie'ss people that are not too stupid and they put their views into print with their miserably few or single stars. Serves the ol' gal right. We found out that the Kennedy's weren't royalty and neither are those folks from Arkansas.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The reviews of Hillary's book were a concerted trolling effort and nothing more.
Amazon doesn't have to put up with that garbage and should be forced to.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.amazon.com... 105 inch tv reviews lol i found it! the reviews are gold

That was amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Pretty sure Amazon checks to see if reviewers actually purchased the book and erase bad reviews of people whom didn't.
Probably the case here.

Well they do both. On Amazon there are both "Verified purchase" reviews, which you are referring to, and those that aren't. But usually you have a mixture of both. I don't think the policy is to erase non-verified ones, normally. Usually it asks you "Would you like to see verified purchase reviews only?" Versus seeing all.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So were the fake five star reviews deleted too? Or just the one star reviews?

If you are expecting anything other than fake news from the guy who also owns The Washington Post, I've got a bridge for sale you may be interested in.

If you are interested in reading Hillary's book, wait a little while and it will be in the bargain basement bin in pretty short order for cheap. The autographed copies will be even cheaper because she actually touched the book.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ericendtimes
a reply to: IAMTAT

If only we could delete hillary herself.

Most who've tried end up deleted themselves

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Aye I mean, I don't want to defend her because she's very questionable. But I'd wager all of those one star reviews were from people who hadn't actually read the damned book, so had no business leaving a review.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think she's blown anything in years.

Pretty sure that's why Monica was busy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Pretty sure Amazon checks to see if reviewers actually purchased the book and erase bad reviews of people whom didn't.
Probably the case here.

They erased my previous review for her last book, at one point is was the number three rated review.

Granted, I actually didn't read the book but I'm pretty sure my assessment of her was not very far off the mark.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I doubt she had anything to do with the book other then using her name,I'm sure the stars mean something to a true author,anything to do with her has ended in no good,why would a book about her do any different

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
Growler found a nice LINK, posted HERE.

What Happened, in which Clinton gives her account of the 2016 presidential campaign, was published on Tuesday. By Wednesday morning, there were more than 1,500 reviews of the memoir on Amazon.com, the majority either glowing or scathing.

The book’s publisher at Simon & Schuster, Jonathan Karp, told the Associated Press: “It seems highly unlikely that approximately 1,500 people read Hillary Clinton’s book overnight and came to the stark conclusion that it is either brilliant or awful.”

Quartz, which tracked the reviews in detail, said that of the 1,500-odd original reviews, “only 338 were from users with verified purchases of the book”.
So Zerohedge does it again.

From Guidelines for Amazon Community participation.

We take the integrity of the Community very seriously. Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including by contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited
Not so much censorship but maintaining integrity.
edit on 9/14/2017 by Devino because: added content

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join