It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your experiences when praying in Church

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Has anyone on ATS ever sat down in a church, prayed quietly begging the Lord to put them on the path that He wants them to follow and then felt light headed like angels are actually in your head monitoring every thought, to see if the mind and heart are in unison with your words spoken ?

And no, I was not greeted by men in white uniforms holding a straight jacket when I walked out. Just need to get that fact out of the way.

It really felt like there were some angels next to me in Truro Cathedral today literally checking me out. It was a good feeling.

If anyone here has been unemployed for a few years, prayed, begged God to put them on a better path, how soon can a major change occur ?

If a change does quickly take place, is the new path a spiritual path that is completely different to the previous materialistic path ?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Doesn't that interfere with that whole free will thing. Asking God to do it for you?

PS I hope you find a job soon. What is your profession?
edit on 9132017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Placebo effect has amazing powers on the mind and healing in general. It's a pretty cool subject to research. That said, it's useless to non believers, on both the receiving end as well as the healing end. Some sort of faith has to be in play..

Good luck in finding the right path or whatever it is you're looking for. My two cents would be in looking at your family and friends and trying to see what does and doesn't work in their lives and start there..
edit on 13-9-2017 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Doesn't that interfere with that whole free will thing. Asking God to do it for you?

Not really.

He has a unique path that leads the person back to Him. Every other path will miss His Palace Gate / Stairway to Heaven.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Is it easy to always perfectly obey the speed limit?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

You have to find the path.
What kind of job are you looking for and where do you live?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I use that as a suggestion only. Most of the time I'm under the speed limit.
What does that have to do with the OP question?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

God helps those who help themselves. What's your part aside from praying?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
The Placebo effect has amazing powers on the mind and healing in general.

Could this have a connection with Law of Attraction where if the person believes that things will get better then their spirit will enter a alternate reality (copy of Earth) where their prayer comes true ?

If the scientists that state that there are multiple duplicates of Earth running parallel then Law of Attraction might work like that. Positive thoughts lead the spirit to better realities.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I use that as a suggestion only. Most of the time I'm under the speed limit.
What does that have to do with the OP question?

Think of God's will for us as the speed limit, and you've answered your question.

Too many people think of it as a suggestion only and not as the absolute standard we must meet for His acceptance.

That's what forgiveness and the acknowledgment that you need His help to walk that line is all about.

No. He does not live for you as if you are a marionette, but if you listen and are mindful, you will start to know what you should and should not do. You will have guidance. That's what the Holy Spirit is.

Too many people think in their pride that they can do it all on their own and be good enough.
edit on 13-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What kind of job are you looking for and where do you live?

Well if God made me unemployed for a reason then as I have just sent my CV to Westminster Abbey in London then I am sure God will get me there soon.

I am currently 300 miles away from London living in Truro, Cornwall, SW England.

Its actually quite exciting to see if a real major change happens soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it easy to always perfectly obey the speed limit?

When the Lord shows you the way it Is only a choice you do not have to take that path if you don't want,but he will make it clear that it is the right choice,but you have to be open to hearing it.

I have been listening and following the path I've been shown,he being the perfect God knew that me I being a skeptic would need to see something to know for sure it was a sign from God.

So he showed me my entire future,including dreams,thoughts and choices I have yet to make,from the present to the day I die,on top of that he said you will know I am the Lord your God when these things that I have shown you come to pass.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

God helps those who help themselves. What's your part aside from praying?

Well I am willing to follow any path He puts me on. So if He wants to put me in London then I am sure todays application for a job there is what He wanted me to apply for after todays prayer.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I kept looking around at all the ladies in their Sunday best.

Now, I just pray at home. I don't ask for much. Just pray to let whatever God is that I do appreciate nature and to help me make wise decisions. The second prayer doesn't seem to work for me at times.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Has anyone on ATS ever sat down in a church, prayed quietly begging the Lord to put them on the path that He wants them to follow and then felt light headed like angels are actually in your head monitoring every thought, to see if the mind and heart are in unison with your words spoken ?

i never have, but i hope your experience gives you the inspiration to find the opportunity you need.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Well I am willing to follow any path He puts me on.

I felt that way once. It was when I began to be more critical of what I grew up believing. The Lord gave me a mind that asks questions, and surely seek to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt his existence. I am an atheist now.

Might sound like I'm being sarcastic but I'm not.

I backtracked once, and went real heavy into prayer and scripture again. Prayed for faith, prayed for forgiveness, prayed for this and that.. Never once did he have anything to respond with, in any way. After awhile the futility of it all was fully realized and I officially rejected it and haven't looked back.

So what if he puts you on a path that leads away? Hm? What then?

edit on 9-13-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In a word. Peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Having a relationship with God is more than simply praying,if your heart and soul aren't in it the Lord can tell,he wants loyal followers,not some that will abandon their faith on whim or because things got rough.

To deny what I've been shown would be to insult my own intelligence. I have always been a skeptic until one day I said Lord show me proof so that I may never have a shadow of doubt if there is a God or not,and I was shown and continue to see the things happen that were foretold to me.

You must also be working on yourself and helping others,I was not shown my path until I started to correct the errors I was making in my life. The Lord favors good Samaritans,not only does it feel good to help others but it is the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I've been comforted during prayer before, but not necessarily while at church. Location is irrelevant.

I once asked God to put me on the right path after years of ignoring Him. I didn't feel anything special, but the very next day, things started changing when I started studying His word under the Pastor-teacher He provided me.

Willingness to ask for guidance is only the starting point. In order to stay the path, you must study and apply the Word daily, and abide in Christ using 1John 1:9 as needed. I'm assuming of course, that you already believe Christ Jesus died as payment for our sins. Without that, there is no right path.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Hey, I hear what you're saying. If you didn't know, I was a Christian before I was an atheist. I did not abandon my faith on a whim or because "things got rough". There was never anything I got upset at God over. The reasons I became an atheist or assumptions about my Christianity aren't the subject of the thread though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join