It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton laments how Benghazi tragedy hurt her politically

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

Johnson: OK. Thank you, Madame Secretary.

Ok I was wrong it wasn't the bullet points of the memo. That was another issue .
The above is the full quote. Hardly the "I could care less" you guys want to make it out to be is it?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

You are totally obsessed. Admit it.

Here's the issue... I agree that there's "piling it on" in regards to many individuals and political topics, but this is Hillary Clinton. When the Queen of Dark Bitchcraft gets water thrown on her and starts to melt, you have to allow the common folk a decent amount of time for merrymaking and rousing choruses of "Ding dong, the witch is dead" oh, now that's just too much fun to stop, look what it's making me do now...
"which old witch?
The wicked witch!"
"Ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead< the witch is dead...
Ding..."

I'll stop now. Obsession is the wrong word here, emancipation would be far more accurate. Many Americans are reveling in her self-driven destruction. Her book essentially alienates the vast majority of Americans from her, including many stalwarts of her own political party. Threads like these are simply a mocking indictment of the woman. It's a way for us to stand with a fist in the air saying "Free at last, free at last... free because she's become a political outcast."

link   
Gee, I wonder if she was talking about the three years of political theatre that the Republican Congress inflicted on us all to damage Clinton's political career. (As has been admitted by many Republicans).

If not, she should have been.

EDIT: Turns out that is EXACTLY what she was saying ... OP seems to have left this out for some reason:

“Take the Benghazi tragedy—you know, I have one of the top Republicans, Kevin McCarthy, admitting we’re going to take that tragedy—because, you know, we’ve lost people, unfortunately, going back to the Reagan administration, if you talk about recent times, in diplomatic attacks,” Clinton told Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie on NBC’s “Today." “But boy, it was turned into a political football. And it was aimed at undermining my credibility, my record, my accomplishments.”

(From OP's link)

Spot on. (And I think Hillary is a lying psychopath like all politicians ... but let's not join them in their lies.)
edit on 13-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

No she isn't.
She been unfairly vilified.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I make it a point to never argue with moderators. So I won't start now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You're spending an awful lot of time posting threads about this woman...you have a crush or something?

On topic though...she's a warmongering neocon. She deserves what she gets.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Oh, Jesus, you can go back and forth with Bill if you run into him and he wont ban you for disagreeing with him.

link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

You're spending an awful lot of time posting threads about this woman...you have a crush or something?

On topic though...she's a warmongering neocon. She deserves what she gets.

This is called in the "right-wing" lexicon "Getting Over It."

link   

You should just go read her book with how obsessed you are with this woman. Do you tack up pictures of her on your mirror and sing into your hair brush to her every morning too?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Any Staff member participating in a thread does not moderate in that thread, nor do any of us consider disagreements to be in any way a T&C violation. I'm not posting this to goad you into any argument or discussion you're not wishing to involve yourself in, but I also don't want anyone thinking there's any downside to disagreeing with any member of Staff.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think Benghazi really hurt Clinton politically. It never turned up anything incriminating, and it had no fewer than seven - SEVEN! - official investigations. (The goddamn JFK assassination only got two!).

What Benghazi really did was to keep her name in play as a 'bogeyman' for the right-wing pundits and internet crackpots to fulminate about. It didn't change anyone's mind, at least not in an electorally significant way. When it was all over, people who had hated Clinton at the start still hated her, and people who thought it was a lot of partisan mud-slinging at the start still thought it was a lot of partisan mud-slinging.

No doubt it hurt Clinton herself, because it was incredibly hurtful to be accused of such terrible things. But she kept her eye on the prize and steamed ahead. It's only now that she has fallen short of her aim that she's dragging it all up again. Because whatever the reason she didn't become President, it cannot and must not and never will be her fault in any way. Just like Benghazi.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Or they're just unknowingly promoting Hillary's book. Not sure which is worse.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Could you even possibly imagine what would happen in the media if a USA embassy was attacked and the ambassador was murdered and drug through the town streets while Trump was in office??? O M G. But under Obama Hillary it's just "Why can't we move on already" or "its a witch hunt you're obsessed". Hell they been investigating a bogus Russia story for 8 months!!!

you would blame hillary.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

Or Obama, they're interchangeable.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Watch the video of them bringing Ambassador Stevens out of the Consulate, and you will see them treating the event as a sideshow, including laying the body down right outside the window and taking time for photo ops.

Of course, there are clearly smiles shown and shouts of Alluhah Ahkbar.

Arutz Sheva 7

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Or they're just unknowingly promoting Hillary's book. Not sure which is worse.

Heh.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No not me.

Hillary is obsessed.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I will rephrase my statement that was removed and given a warning by mod...

Hillary Clinton- Is not a very nice person..

Better???

RA

edit on 13-9-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Here's the FULL context for you........

Hillary Clinton, Benghazi "What's The Difference?" Four Dead Americans

not one of her finest moments

edit on Sep-13-2017 by xuenchen because: hillary@benghazimail.cf

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No not me.

Hillary is obsessed.

Obsessed is the wrong word for her, more like "possessed".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join