It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Washington State high school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

A shooting was reported Wednesday at a high school in Washington State.

A suspect was detained after multiple injuries were reported, according to NBC-affiliate KHQ.

Shooting reported at Washington State high school

The Spokane Valley Fire Department confirmed there was an active shooter at Freeman High School. “Engine 9, Ladder 10, Valley 2, Valley 22 responding mutual aid to an active shooter at Freeman High School south of Spokane Valley,” the fire department said on Twitter.

Freeman High School is located in Rockford in Spokane County. It has 327 enrolled students. Nearby schools were on lockdown Wednesday, Spokane Public Schools said on twitter. “Due to a reported shooting near Freeman High School, all southside SPS schools are currently in lockdown,” the tweet said.

This is still developing apparently, hope everyone is okay!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
from what i heard, the suspect is already in custody
edit on 13-9-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The NRA was first on the scene saying, "Democrats want to take your guns. Pay us and we will lobby against gun grabbing Democrats". Or "if the teachers were all armed, this wouldn't have happened".

Sorry. I know there is no information yet, but that's how the thread will eventually go...
Yay, ATS!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

but you got here first.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It seems no one yet decided to politicize the event on this thread except you. But blame it on them NRA folks ... ya!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I agree with teachers be armed, HOWEVER all it would take would be a teacher go bat poop crazy and start firing. I feel as if the concept would fail miserably

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
The NRA was first on the scene saying, "Democrats want to take your guns. Pay us and we will lobby against gun grabbing Democrats". Or "if the teachers were all armed, this wouldn't have happened".

Sorry. I know there is no information yet, but that's how the thread will eventually go...
Yay, ATS!

Sometimes we meet our destiny on the path to avoid it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I agree with teachers be armed, HOWEVER all it would take would be a teacher go bat poop crazy and start firing. I feel as if the concept would fail miserably

It is a tricky issue. There are some pretty disturbed teachers out there.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If the shooter was under age 18, it is already illegal for them to own or possess a firearm..... especially at a school.
smartgunlaws

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe they need to put up more gun free zone signs to stop this type of tragedy from happening? Won't that stop a determined person from committing murder once they have decided to do so?

SMH

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yay, ATS!

actually it is republicans who want to take your guns. not democrats.
snopes: governor signs order to take registered guns

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Here in Nevada, I believe based on this teachers can carry guns in school. Now I don't know any do, but I have two kids in school here and I'd like to think that at least 1 or 2 people are carrying. I also notice when I pick my youngest up from school everyday there is a private security firm posted in a car right by the school. I don't know who is paying for the security but I support it (hell maybe I am with taxes). I suppose I should swing by the office of the school and inquire.

Scary stuff to think about if you have kids in school. I just did a quick search and in 2013 in Sparks (I live in Reno, Sparks is just east/ northeast Reno basically), there was a school shooting 1 teacher died 2 students wounded. Closer to home than I would like. I don't know what the answer is for how to stop this but anyone who thinks taking away guns from law abiding citizens just seems silly to me...now that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

So they take your guns away when you need them most...good luck with that. On one hand I get it...but on the other...only those mostly likely to only use their firearms for defense would be the most likely to give them up. Not that I have to worry about hurricanes here, but Nevada doesn't register firearms.

Actually...Nevada sucks...everyone stay out.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Well, the running goal is to train the teachers in proper responses to incidents like this BEFORE they are licensed to carry in the school. Hopefully that would necessitate quarterly training, if not monthly, to keep the license, because I do agree with you--if the teacher is not well trained, there is a 50/50 on whether it would help or hinder.

I'm for it, but obviously it would need to be voluntary, and it would necessitate ample training.

edit on 13-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: forgetting words and spelling like blind, uneducated climate skeptic

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

So true--my son's 2nd-grade teacher went on a sabbatical/hiatus from teaching because teaching was driving her crazy. Like, literally driving her crazy and she couldn't handle it.

I shudder at the thought of her carrying, although I doubt that she'd have the motivation and drive for the training and licensing to make it official. In hindsight, though, I'm relieved that SHE never came into the school and shot it up, and I'm only half joking.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You all took the bait.
The same stuff happens every time a shooting occurs...
The NRA folk are "well, if teachers were armed..."
Other folk are "wow, this stuff is going down, hope the kids are okay"

Teachers are as unbalanced as their students.
Guns are easily bought and traded in the United States.
Those same guns can and are used for violent acts.

I will never say that anyone doesn't have the right to own a nuclear sub if they could afford it...
But let's look at reality people...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I don't know what is worst a bat crazy teacher with 15 rounds or a bat crazy teacher with a pickup truck...

Seems when guns are not available other methods are even worst for those bent on killing.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I will never say that anyone doesn't have the right to own a nuclear sub if they could afford it...

We could bubble boy everyone and label all as crazy. I think we should lower all speed limits to 25...will save more lives than removing all guns.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It seems one person is dead, as well as those injured.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We could bubble boy everyone and label all as crazy. I think we should lower all speed limits to 25...will save more lives than removing all guns.

Kids will just eat their pop tarts into shanks.
Ever been on the inside?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join