It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Irish people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Can anybody please tell me the Origins of Irish people? Some say that they are descendants of Akhenaten while others say the Tuatha Dé Danann..But you can't deny they are a unique breed of folk - just wondering
edit on 13-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some are from Scandinavia Vikings, some are English and Welsh settlers, many especially in the north are Scottish, some are north african berbers and many from Iberia. Also remember the leprichauns in the family tree

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I just assumed that St. Patrick created them from snakes.

No? Is that wrong?

But to be honest, the Akhenaten thing sounds a bit ludicrous, although, admittedly, I haven't researched it.

I doubt those are the only two options, though.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This documentary shows they were a highly advanced society at one time:

edit on 13-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Funny enough, there's some thinking that It was the Spanish to use a term, who may have populated Ireland a very long time ago...imagine that! they came here for their hols...and stayed!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Leabhar Gabhla is allegedly the story of Ireland and its people.

Most say it is a mythical account trying to tie them to the tribes of Israel but some of it seems to be based on factual historical events. I would take it with a grain of salt but it is an interesting read (from what I have read so far).

I will try and return later when I have more time I have been researching this a lot lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

Most say it is a mythical account trying to tie them to the tribes of Israel but some of it seems to be based on factual historical events.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

Most say it is a mythical account trying to tie them to the tribes of Israel but some of it seems to be based on factual historical events.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now were sucking diesel .. it goes back further than that -- just saying

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Remnants of Atlantis?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

edit on 13-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
Can anybody please tell me the Origins of Irish people?

Not trying to be that asshole but this really isn't a good start to your "thread".

Some say that they are descendants of Akhenaten

Who?

while others say the Tuatha Dé Danann.

Who?

But you can't deny they are a unique breed of folk

Who? Just kidding, I know you meant the Irish.

Huh? What? Where? Who? Your own thoughts? Eh? Meh.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: Bad link.
owlcation.com...

Try that link.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Africa.
According to mainstream science, all humans came from Africa.

Not agreeing with that, but that is what a few incomplete skeletons make everyone say.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Irish are descended from the original migrants who moved back to the British Isles from the northern Spain refugia after the last ice age. Being more remote from the continent from Europe there has been less influx of other peoples than in Britain, but like us all, they are still a mongrel race, with some later immigrants from Europe and beyond and in more recent times, Vikings, Normans etc adding to the mix.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Africa.
According to mainstream science, all humans came from Africa.

Not agreeing with that, but that is what a few incomplete skeletons make everyone say.

It's a lot more than a "few incomplete skeletons" and to try to make it that simplified does a great design service to Ny He try No to get actual information. It's a lot of skeletons and we have the entire remains of the majority of African hominids. The older they are, the less complete they are sure. But that applies far more to Sahlanthropus Tchadensis, Orrorin Tugensis and Ardipithecus Ramidus. Less so to the multitude of Australopithecines and definitely not the case for the Genus, Homo. We've got very complete fossilized remains of our Genus aside from Denisovans/H. Altaiensis. But now that we have their genes, that may very well change soon pending genetic testing of some interesting remains from China.

But again, this goes far beyond fossilized remains. We have the sites where they lived, we have an amazing amount of genetic data that continues to increase every year as our ability to obtain ancient DNA increases. So not only does all of the fossil data indicate that HSS originated in East Africa but the direction of gene flow as well as the level of genetic diversity in specific subsaharan groups of people like the Khoi-San. If it were a matter of just "a few incomplete skeletons" then I would agree that the evidence were shaky. That narrative simply isn't the case though.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Tuatha De Danann circulate around Irish mythology and are gods, or god-like. The Book of Invasions - an ancient Irish text - describes this old mythology. Genetically, the Irish have connections to the (northern) Spanish and these are referred to as the Sons of Mil in mythology. However, there's also close genetic connections with Britain, especially the geographically close Welsh and Scots.

All quite interesting stuff but no less interesting or unique than people from the Isle of Wight, or people from Wiltshire, or anywhere else in the British Isles.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well first of all you have to realize the Irish are not just Celt's, they have many ancestral origins and just like Britain which whom they share a hell of a lot of ancestry they are a mixed Island nation not an inbred one (except perhaps some extremely remote community's with no TV set's to occupy them then again TV is lousy in Ireland/Eira for the most part).

Ancestral line's include Dane's from the viking period as well as other Nordic and Scandinavian invaders, Celt's actually have surprisingly not much to do with the Irish at all despite similarity's indicating a cultural influence, North African, European especially BASQUE and by some account's especially by study's on the native DNA of Ireland, the closest people to the Irish were undoubtedly the Pre Roman invasion British with whom they likely shared ANCIENT maternal ancestry?.

Despite it's lack of huge bronze age city's (Surviving to this day) there was a Sophisticated and internationally linked Bronze age culture in Ireland that had international trade across the bronze age world, traditional and now long lost martial art's, unique art style's and even a native alphabet were all part of the lost Irish legacy.

Here is some stuff off of the net concerning this.
owlcation.com...
www.sott.net...

There is argument about the origin of the Celtic language also, the Irish and the Welsh variation's have word's that are not native to the Indo European language group though these languages are included within that catagory, that aside that categorization of the WESTERN Celtic language may be partially correct only and it may incorporate part's of earlier languages indicating a continuation of pre celt culture influence culture within the western Celtic population's.

Word's such as Shamrock, in Arabic Shamrack?
www.quora.com...
britam.org...
forum.wordreference.com...
These non indo european characteristic's though could be Partially explained due to bronze age trade and interaction but that is only me throwing that on the table for consideration though the Celtic culture supposedly only got there a little over 2300 years ago and Eira was definitely already populated.
fathersmanifesto.net...

There is also the strong genetic link to Spain, not surprising as other than Britain - Spain and France are Eira's closest neighbors while Spain would have been the most frequented coast for trade to the bronze age Mediterranean meaning that folk and there gene's probably mixed quite regularly on that route.

edit on 13-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

My understanding is that the Celts at one ancient time roamed all of Europe. As European civilization began to build and nations and organized controls began to issue forth, the Celts basically said bolox to all of that and began the westward migrations to be free of it and eventually filtered into the Isles and on over into Ireland. I studied no further than that as it fit with my own fantasy of the Irish as a rebellious lot and that story explained it for me well enough.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That theory has since been debunked.

Europe not Africa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join