It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need thoughts on 'copywright' issue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You would have to write something that is CLEARLY original... and you could copyright that writing... but it would have to be so substantively original.

You can ALSO create cards under a BRAND name... and trademark that brand.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: olaru12

Too late.

Sorry, man.

His are just baggies filled with MJ, Mine are actually edible paper or to be used in other ways and printed with all kinds of clever messages and holiday greeting....I did my research!!

The Durango boys are all over it....The stoner culture isn't what you think it is....

Even if you sold it in green states how do you avoid braking federal laws?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A copyright issue ended my art career just as it was starting to take off.

I was big time into Civil War battlescenes, but never having attended a reenactment before my files of reference photos was extremely limited. Actually it was non-existent. So, being the ignorant fool that I was at the time (and probably still am today), I used soldiers from other artists' artwork that I found in magazines. I would swap them around and change things a bit, to make it my own and create a scene for whatever battle I was depicting. I actually had quite a few of my portraits of Civil War generals and other drawings published in several historical magazines.

Then came the call from Don Troiani (probably one of the most notable artists of historical military themes). Found that one of the soldiers I'd used in a drawing looked a little too similar to one of his. I didn't get sued, but demands were made.

This right at the time I was about to sign a contract with a publishing company for limited edition prints.

I haven't drawn since.

<< 1   >>

join