It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevie Wonder thinks YOU are blind and or stupid.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What can you do? Recycle for one. We get about 4 times the recycling as we do garbage. We also collect the compost but many would find that a pain in the ass.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's not inappropriate it's what ever he wants to do. If you don't like it choose another charity.

It's inappropriate if the goal of the fundraising body is to get as many donations as possible, which I'm quite certain that it is.

Complaining about celebrities is very stupid. He is a legend in music.....

So stupid to waste time on celeb opinions.

Agree about complaining being stupid, and about his legendary status in music. That musical status, though, means nothing in other aspects of life.

Sea level rising isn't really debatable. Nor is the warming of the ocean and melting of glaciers. Yet many people try and debate those things.

The speed and projections, as well as accuracy of measurement, of sea-level rise and ocean warming and glacier melting is debatable, though, as is the amount of effect man is having through our reliance on fossil fuels and our ignorant trashing of our environments.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Fair enough, thanks for the honesty. Kudos to you!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Egos are fragile...

Which is a damned ironic thing to say if you ask me.

Let me establish a hypothetical scenario. You are in a room. The room contains a bomb. You know it contains a bomb, and the door to the room is open, with the outside of the building clearly visible through the doorway. The room also contains a douchey dude, who is calling you thick, waving his degree in your face like an engorged phallus, and making a prick of himself, saying "Well? Are you just going to stand there with your thumb up your arse, or are you going to do the smart thing, and leave the room!? Make up your mind genius!"

Will you:

a) Leave the room, because you actually have more going on upstairs than your ego

or

b) Stay in the room so you can box the gobby fellows ears for being rude, and get detonated like a mindless, reactionary cretin?

That is literally the choice before you, whether you like the fact or not, where climate change is concerned.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sigh, solutions. Yes, Like mentioning that using the same tactics that made the democrats loose the election may not be the best way to solve every problem the democrats wish to solve.

I'm going to try this one last time, and if you can't get it, I'll do my best to ignore you forever.

If the issue of Climate Change is even 1/10th of a real problem as you and others claim, then it's imperative that it be addressed. Stopping there, do you agree, disagree, or still want to go against me because I'm me?

Next, it seems that Climate Change has been hijacked by politics. Again, forget I said it, do you agree?

Now, again, if this is a real issue, and half the public is against it for reasons of (ignorance/political stance) and they aren't going to change their mind anymore than you would change yours, Do you think that A. you should continue along the path you have been on, because you know you are right? Or..B. should you explore new ways to get the message out and perhaps convince those opposed that even without them believing in AGW, Al Gore, Polar Bears, that they still need to help with some serious environmental issues? (and by you, I mean you, and everyone who is on the Man Made Climate change side.)

My suggestion is to change the approach, change the delivery, modify the message. Try to be all inclusive, and try to engage the audience without putting half of them down and calling them names.

If you find that post to be offensive, mean spirited, or antagonistic, please, say so.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm sure by now you understand that, having worked in the legal field for over a decade, I am very legally minded. If you tried to insert your own interpretation of a person's implications in what they said, your argument would be cut off immediately as speculation.

It is also speculation to assert his words were a product of some "belief system", indicating a religious belief.

You should note that nowhere in either definition of the word is "know" a part of the definition. "Believe" is not synonymous with "know" or "understand" or anything else. There is, however, noted that there is an element of "think" or "have faith" in the definitions. Take that as you will, but it doesn't exactly negate my interpretation of his usage nor my comment on it. Other than that, I'm done with the discussion of the word "believe" or his intended usage.

That is true, but again, it is more logical to assume he meant it the way I described than as part of any faith-based belief. Your assertion seems to be one trying to imply that CC/GW is a "belief" and is not rooted in scientific data sets.

No, you can cite plenty of data under the umbrella of a theory that makes you believe that it is real--there is a difference. But again, I'm done arguing these semantics, even if they do matter.

The data is still there.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

an interesting conundrum. Obviously, I'd let the douche know that if he doesn't follow me out the door, he will die in a few seconds, then I'd leave. If he chooses not to follow, he was warned.

If I knew I had a little time, knowing that a person's life was at stake, I'd try to do everything in my power to convince him that he can tell me all about how bad I am once we are outside and safe, but for now, we need to leave. because even assholes lives are worth something to someone.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Any speculation or prediction of future events is debatable.

The people living on the coasts that are watching their land change don't need data.

And no any person can raise money anyway they want. If this company chose that approach so be it.

They aren't the only fundraisers.

Ps if your more concerned with the celebrity than where your money goes I think it's very shallow. I don't hate Texas because Gregg Abbott sucks and says hypocritical things.
edit on 13-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What can you do? Recycle for one. We get about 4 times the recycling as we do garbage. We also collect the compost but many would find that a pain in the ass.

Perfect. In my area, it's very rural, and there isn't an easy way to recycle. Again, understanding human nature, if this doesn't change, then my part won't amount to anything, but if I can partner with some other people, find a way to make recycling easier for everyone, then I will have made a noticeable difference in my tiny part of the world. And that can be done weather the folks recycling care about AGW or not. It's just a smart way to go.

So I'd like to do this, but don't know what direction to start. Are there any government grants for a start up company to recycle things? Could I make a business out of this idea? If so, how?

See, that's the kind of attitude I wish those who are so passionate about this topic would have.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I think so

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

There are millions of environmental artifact solutions and businesses.

What are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Do you not like Stevie Wonder or something? Why are you slandering his name with a click bait title? A more appropriate title would have been Stevie Wonder on Global Warming.

Isn't the left known for being ultra PC and the right thinks people shouldn't be so sensitive over words? Aren't you being a hypocrite here?

I think Stevie Wonder is an amazing musician and a pioneer in the music business.

I also watched the beginning of this telethon last night and was turned off and irritated by the needless comment that is mentioned in the OP. If Stevie Wonder had not said anything at all about Climate Change, and instead just asked that everyone help out the People who had their lives devastated, I think it would have been a much better approach.

Do you think that attitude makes me a hypocrite? If so, please explain, and perhaps Luthier could as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's like complaining about Anne coultier as an sjw?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

bad link
edit on 13-9-2017 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There are millions of environmental artifact solutions and businesses.

What are you talking about?

Super, can you point me to one that I could open a recycling business with in Dunn, NC?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The room contains a bomb. You know it contains a bomb, and the door to the room is open, with the outside of the building clearly visible through the doorway. The room also contains a douchey dude, who is calling you thick, waving his degree in your face like an engorged phallus, and making a prick of himself, saying "Well? Are you just going to stand there with your thumb up your arse, or are you going to do the smart thing, and leave the room!? Make up your mind genius!"

Will you:

a) Leave the room, because you actually have more going on upstairs than your ego

or

b) Stay in the room so you can box the gobby fellows ears for being rude, and get detonated like a mindless, reactionary cretin?

That is literally the choice before you, whether you like the fact or not, where climate change is concerned.

This is the biggest load of vomit-inducing hyperbole that I've seen in a while surrounding the CC debate, but since it's in a thread citing Mr. Wonder for being hyperbolic as well, I guess that it fits well.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You want me to tell you how to run a disposal service? I think there are models for that.

An MBA program would help expand your business as you grow it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

so insulting people when you're running a telethon is good strategy? How about sticking to helping people without the religious fervor and witchhunt.

One must be blind or stupid to at least not consider the information

Is that the voice of reason speaking or does screaming louder somehow make you more scientific? Having considered the information and the politics and self serving interests of academia I have judged it to be less than convincing.

The fact I am forced to contribute taxes that will somehow magically create fixes, my money going into dubious projects, all to end up being manipulated and (carbon credits) traded by some Wall St crook tells me all I need to know.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It may not be a good strategy but who cares. My god. Tons of people have terrible strategy look at congress.

Stevie wonder is one old and two a celebrity and liberal. Shocker.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You want me to tell you how to run a disposal service? I think there are models for that.

An MBA program would help expand your business as you grow it.

If you are going to tell me how easy it is, I'd have to assume you could articulate your knowledge to me right? What government programs exists for this field? How would I make it profitable, or sustainable? I am willing to admit I don't have the answers, you seem to have them, I'd like to know.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join