It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cipher Decipher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey folks,

I'm sure many of you here, myself included, like to break codes. Figured we could start posting codes and ciphers up here for the rest of us to decode. Then post the answer a week later. Here goes:

H ehii xtv ngjtqn vkn hmxtfcxdn tb vkn bcdrivl

This guy is pretty easy. If people bite, we could get more challenging or even hardcore enigma style (PS, no point doing SSL encoding; we can't decipher that without a program, and then it's not fun anymore. Use your brain, not your box!)

EDIT I had lied about the cipher used. I was going to do one using Caesar's cipher, but decided to go a little easier for the first one. Maybe one of them'll be next
Now I'm off to watch the Simpsons.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Since no one has really responded, I'll drop another hint and an additional code (in this case, a cryptogram, like the last one).

HINT: My Simpsons comment was not totally off topic

Code (Different set of cryptograms, but same theme):
Zado esvdoafbvz do vcz qchdvl uvt ecdvznboo

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.
This punishment is not boring and meaningless.

Once the first was cracked, the second was easy (obviously, you gave a big hint there
). Can't say that I think this was easier than breaking a Caesar Cipher though.

At any rate, I think that this forum is supposed to be used only for games like Dr Jim and Black Labyrinth. But I've been here a lot less time than you, from the looks of it.

If you post any more of these, I'm going to be compelled to solve them when I should be working, just like I did with these

Nezuji

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hi, I have created a cipher called Alphabet soup, which I am certain can be cracked. But just how much effort does it take?

SNANNRFOEIFLOLRATOBHTAADYAZJLNGSEVGIFNXEAANAYEETAIHE
OLNUWOCIOHRAINNEDIDSAYBDLHDEITNDIUNARVNDAARAOOPEDA
AGTNLEERTUIRNMNRELHSINEOENIRPIWATIWRAAEFHN

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaIcognito

Thats it I have had enough I can't do this one

Give us a clue please.

switchblade

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaIcognito
Hi, I have created a cipher called Alphabet soup, which I am certain can be cracked. But just how much effort does it take?

To answer your question, it takes two "effort," according to letters available. Then you run outta f's... XD

That's my only possible solution, I've rearranged numbers and letters to several combinations, but to no avail...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi there. Not to get off topic but how does one get that florecence--whitish print? Are we all ATS same, or can others use that fabulous colour too?

Dallas

top topics

join