It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Nuke Those Rotten Hurricanes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I don't know why that's so funny to me. I instantly imagined a man looking up at the stars & teaching his son that the real reason winter happens is because the Sun goes through winter, causing it to send less heat to the Earth. Sounds legit.

Happened to me. My pops was a genius, that's why he worked for the government.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: FauxMulder

"A hurricane gets irradiated and Hulk-like after scientists/military try to nuke it... evolves into a category 12 storm causing nuclear fallout and hurricane destruction on everything in its path..."

I'm looking forward to watching that movie

It would be safer just to use an array of space orbiting mirrors to reflect sunlight away from the hurricane.

But the main problem is that the ocean water for thousands of square miles had been heated up to a temperature of 80C due to perpetual sunlight all day. Out in the ocean, all those water waves acts like a giant 500 mile radius concave mirror.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll go along with the spiders!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

At last, someone who agrees!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Coming back down to sea level on this (pun intended) , wouldn't the best time to deal with these hurricanes, if we ever could, be when they are small tropical depression babies? Like in the case of the Atlantic hurricanes, where the depressions spawn over Africa, and then start moving West. Perhaps even huge conventional weaponry could be used on them in that stage, trying to keep them from spinning, or whatever.

Way out of my league on hurricane management, but waiting for them to become monsters and then trying to deal with them does not make any sense at all, especially with nuclear bombs. Seeding them with chemicals would probably come severely back on us as well, especially if they just became huge storms despite our efforts, now full of toxic chemicals.

I know that as our technology increases, this is going to be a prime target area, since basically, most of our affluent live in and own the places that consistently get destroyed by these demons, as well as our prime vacation getaways being available to the populace that keeps making them valuable properties to own.

As sea levels rise, it is only going to be come a much more of an urgent agenda. If we cannot solve it, then the islands will look like concrete bunkers , people will not be able to have property on coastlines in the US, and the palm trees will be made out of rubber and anchored into the ground as deep as they are high. Not a pretty picture.
edit on 13-9-2017 by charlyv because: s

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: FauxMulder

I like this idea. We should also drop 10 megaton nuclear devices on earthquakes, tidal waves and spiders.

That's overkill.

I favor just using the good ol' bazooka on spiders.
Works every time.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That point was brought up a few times in the links. The problem is that usually around 80 to 100 tropical storms form a year with only up to 5 becoming a hurricane. There is really no way to know which ones will become a beast.

That'd be a lot of bombs! And like the guys said, it would be like trying to stop a Buick with a feather.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: charlyv

That point was brought up a few times in the links. The problem is that usually around 80 to 100 tropical storms form a year with only up to 5 becoming a hurricane. There is really no way to know which ones will become a beast.

That'd be a lot of bombs! And like the guys said, it would be like trying to stop a Buick with a feather.

Yes, the solution eludes us because our technology is no where near what is required to solve it yet. I know it is a tall order. Perhaps with future modeling AI, we will be able to tell which of these depressions will most likely develop and not have to worry about all of the duds. That would be the obvious first step, but yes, doing something about it after that is just mind boggling and awaits interactions we have not even contemplated yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I believe mankind crossed the line when they went beyond rocks and pointed sticks.
Call me old-fashioned.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join