It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what about fixing the star system on ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: frenchfries

Its easy to see that the star system on ATS is dependent on cliques, members who star each other for political associations.

Kind of mirrors the real world, doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

NO! You'll never take my precious...

I didn't earn them fair and square.

They give me magical powahs, How will I make doors open for me or change traffic lights with my mind!
edit on 14-9-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Just a question some members have 40mijlon stars how come ?
Is this a bug or so ? Or is it possible to buy stars ?
If it's a bug can it be fixed ? This would add great value to the board (stars would become more meaningfull)
thanks

You only want the star system fixed? What about all the other weird symbols, I don't understand what the other stuff means either, and I keep getting points given to me by mods in u2u's, I have no clue what those do.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Oh no I don't want anything fixed and as I see for some reason ATS doesn't mind a buggy site.
I don't really care that much. But it make the whole system useless. I just don't see why everyone is fine with it. It would really fun if there were meaningfull numbers under the avatar. And I think ,maybe just maybe getting rid of those faulty numbers will benefit ATS.

But then again I'm not here for the stars/rewardsystem but for the info.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes so easy to see don't even need my glasses.. it creates groups within groups ,on a deeper level it's a tool to steer the community somewhat in the desired direction . Getting rid of every 'weird' number would make all ATS'ers equal. Do we really need a Kindergarten full of stars ,aren't we adults ,no cookies needed ?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Just a question some members have 40mijlon stars how come ?
Is this a bug or so ? Or is it possible to buy stars ?
If it's a bug can it be fixed ? This would add great value to the board (stars would become more meaningfull)
thanks

Complainer, fix thy self..

I have been around for a while and didn't even notice the star thing on the left until you mentioned it.

I still can't figure out why I should care?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now I feel some people are ready to accept my masterplan.

1. Get rid of all the freaks with more than 300 stars. No explanation is needed: they are sceptics. And racists.

2. Get rid of all the posers with more than 86 flags per thread. They are attention horses.

3. Get rid of all the admins that can't do SQL. They are noobs. Unreliable. They even can't change the Politicians and People forum icon. LOLWUT!!

4. Make me a megamoderator and I will get rid of everything I don't like. Believe me. A tremendous guy. Unbelievable. We will build the wall, and they will pay for it.

P.S. OK, let's begin with something less funny:
0. Leave the stars in the threads and posts (this "I agree" stuff) but don't count them inside the account's profile. Whoa!
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: modifying demands

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It would be nice if the glitch were fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breath. With issues that affect he actual operation of the site, that would have to be pretty low on the list of things to do. I'd guess, if there were no other site issues, they might spend time on it, but site operations have to come first.

As for stars themselves, I don't really care who has how many (save myself), though I do find them useful in the threads, to see how many people agree, or don't, with various posts from members. There, they are useful. We can show agreement with a post without having to reply, which cuts down on clutter, and short posts in threads, and we can see how the membership thinks on the issues, support one another, and so forth.

I like the stars, overall.

The only concern I have is that, when I star and flag a thread, then reply, if I go back to the first page to continue reading, the star isn't showing as given. More accurately, the star is there, in the count, but there is also the ability to add another one, and that seems to stay if I check later. Plus, sometimes, in some threads, the star won't be added when clicked, till multiple refreshes are done.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I have those issues too. I particularly hate the "won't let me star" glitch; it seems to happen most often on posts I really, really want to star, too.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Indeed you can't figure out then , just don't care at all. All I got here is that people blame me for pointing out.

I'm asking to fix a bug 'Soooo simple'. Because that bug distorts the star count and makes the option usesless.

So here we are 'conspiracy theorists' wanting to change the world. whilst can't even fix a simple bug.

Not even a single mod responded. This site is a bloody joke....

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think there are other things I'd like SO and crew to try and address first, like adding a multi-quote feature that sends a PM to each person you reply to in one post instead of just the first person listed.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think there are other things I'd like SO and crew to try and address first, like adding a multi-quote feature that sends a PM to each person you reply to in one post instead of just the first person listed.

That's a good one.

I'd like to see a "search this thread" feature.

Oh wells.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Before a certain date, there were no stars. I think the 'glitch' was an attempt to give long term posters credit their contribution before stars.

Here is the thing, karma(the number next to the lightning bolt) goes down big time everytime we post.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
That's a good one.

I'd like to see a "search this thread" feature.

Oh wells.

That's a good one too, but a general upgrade of the search feature itself would also help.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I guess the logic is, that star systems across the boards, have added interactivity and makes the forum fun and addictive.

It is valuable in a post, as would be a nod of agreement, the lack of it is of no consequence.

I propose that the star system remain, but be confined to each post and not tallied. Even though the nod system is subject to sycophantic reaction, at least the poster soon becomes aware of forum politics. It would also level the playing ground in terms of appeal to authority.

Excessive stars suggest dragon slayer in modern terms. It certainly influences ones immediate unconsidered reaction.

Amended: Remove the tally from members information and just leave it in the profile, there! fixed.

P.S. OK, let's begin with something less funny:
0. Leave the stars in the threads and posts (this "I agree" stuff) but don't count them inside the account's profile. Whoa!

Sorry JedemDasSeine just found you

edit on 17-9-2017 by kennyb72 because: *

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join