It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
Silly,

There isn't enough room in prisons for violent criminals.

Now, we should imprison people for not believing in certain scientific models?

I think there is little question that climate change is occurring but prison for those who can't or don't want to see?

There is little question the Sun has always been our only real 'source of global warming' too but who cares if we can get those evil Oil Baron's?

Arrogant people desperately trying to 'save' stuff when they are clueless is just sick. Save us they say. These idiots are thinking people have no reason to be alive or have freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Only a pea-brain could make such a weak straw man argument.

Yet here you are being a pea brain. Here on a thread like this proving you need to stick to what you have earned our respect over and stay out of places where science became religion. That religion you are supporting deny's the real data and proof of site manipulations or of the umpteen incidents of data fudging. You are embarrassing your past good deeds on ATS. I do have the background and actually work with weather/air patterns/pollution and we scientist are not at all buying the BS from Al, nor you.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: joemoe

The sad part is I'm a big proponent of science. I love physics, astronomy, weather. In fact my interest in astronomy is how I know the sun is playing a big part in the warming. Any paper or article you read that is strictly astronomy and isn't attached to the global warming debate acknowledges this, but in global warming circles they just pretend the sun is irrelevant. Or they acknowledge past changes but suggest it will have negligible impact on future warming. Of course they don't back this assertion up with anything, it's just something they need to say because AGW is the agenda and the sun is inconvenient.

1000 Stars if i could give them! Great POST!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

.... Isn't it strange that all Democrats believe in man made global warming but all conservatives don't? How does that happen? I'll tell you...conservatives listen to media that tell them global warming is fake, and democrats listen to media that tells them global warming is true.

We always believe what the media tells us. First rule of life. "People are stupid and will believe what they are told to believe."

Conservatives, who also wish to conserve the Environment, look at all the data not just the "Faux News Channel" or "BSNBC" and have decided the left is delusional about it is the reason for that.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Did you know that if they didn't adjust the yearly global temperature it would be recorded as much higher than it is? Temperature recording stations are sometimes in places where it's warmer or cooler than it's surrounding area (sunny, shady, urban, mountain). This has been explained billions of times but you guys just ignore it for next time. The raw data exists along with the adjusted data.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Did you know that if they didn't adjust the yearly global temperature it would be recorded as much higher than it is? Temperature recording stations are sometimes in places where it's warmer or cooler than it's surrounding area (sunny, shady, urban, mountain). This has been explained billions of times but you guys just ignore it for next time. The raw data exists along with the adjusted data.

I know the credibility factor of the Scientist with the IPCC. I know the "Scientific Process" has been dismissed so they can 'prove' man is the real problem. I make a living as a Scientist.... What else can I say?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Is that so?

Why is it that you still are posting as if the claim in the OP has merit? No one is calling for deniers to be jailed. The issue is the legal case against Exxon and whether they violated RICO.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Do the articles really say what is claimed? That people should be jailed for their opinions?

If there is no assumption of criminal intent, why is there an investigation by Attorneys General? Maybe they were bored, had some spare time?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Kali74

I know the credibility factor of the Scientist with the IPCC. I know the "Scientific Process" has been dismissed so they can 'prove' man is the real problem. I make a living as a Scientist.... What else can I say?

What is your field?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Why stop there? let's throw the book at flat Earthers! Let's incarcerate all those juvenile delinquents who think that Han didn't shoot first! C'mon people it time to posthumously impeach Reagan!

I'm no Erin Brokovich, hell I'm no John Grisham but I'm pretty sure ignorance is not a crime.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cheesyleps

originally posted by: yuppa
I ahve a question...Since they cannot predict ACCURATELY the rain or minor weather out from week to week using computer models what hope do they have of modeling out years from now? NONE right?

There is an argument that says that predicting wider trends is much easier than predicting specifics due to it relying on much less data and analysing less criteria.

I suppose a couple of analogies would be:

I can confidently predict based upon minimal observed data that there is a very high probability that you will eat dinner tonight. Predicting exactly WHAT you will eat would be difficult.

Forecasting whether the overall trend of the DOW Jones index will be up or down between now and 2027 is fairly easy. Predicting what it will do within the next hour...

The more pertinent question to be asking is why can't we predict the weather more accurately? What variables do we not have sufficient data for? Which of our modelling and theoretical assumptions aren't accurate or correct? What does that imply for our long term models? Why have just about all of our long term predictions about climate since the 1970s proved incorrect?

NOAA says on their official page this.

Climate prediction is similar to numerical weather prediction, but the forecasts are for longer periods. Special numerical models are used to alter trace atmospheric gases (carbon dioxide and methane, for example), sea ice and glacier cover, changes in incoming solar radiation, and a host of other parameters.

(the next peice isnt from NOAA)

weather forecast models and climate models are both quite complex because they use the same basic governing equations to describe the atmosphere. Forecasting the weather in detail requires what are called initial conditions - data describing the atmosphere at a particular time, including pressure, wind speed, wind direction, temperature, and humidity. In a numerical weather prediction (NWP) model, the equations are approximated and used in a computer to predict the evolution of the atmosphere from that initial point forward in time to some point in the future. Roughly 10 days into the future, the ability of any model to predict the weather has deteriorated to the point where its forecasts are no better than using the climate to predict the weather. We say they are no longer skillful at weather forecasting. This is not just because our models are not perfect - it is an inherent property of weather forecasting using NWP.

WHich ABove says they cant predict the weather so far out. AGW models are GUESSING and ESTIMATING and can be way off and in accurate. So why treat them as LAW?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This would be funny if it weren't so damn scary.

Imprisoning people for their beliefs and thoughts seems so 17th century.

WTF is wrong with people.
Looks like some people have never changed since their last embodiments. This really is Inquisition style behavior. Climate Change is the new religion.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Climate change is real but it is natural. Everyone forgets the planet heats up then cools down in long intervals the planet was in an ice age only 10000 years ago. The planet has been warming up ever since. The agenda being pushed is clearly for power, control and money. Wake up people and educate yourself, don't let other people "educate" you.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Zerohedge is a trash source...It is clickbait for idiots to make money off you.

Notice your article is by "Tyler Durden"?

The formula is to cherry pick fringe content and quotes, assemble a button pushing narrative for the culture wars, sit back and collect money for clicks.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Why is this so hard to understand? How could you not realize that the current climate change we are experiencing has a lot to do with mankind. We toss tons of chemicals into the air daily and you think this would not effect the climate?

How about the fact that we have destroyed much of the planet's natural resources over the years and you think this will not effect the planet?

I will never understand Climate change deniers.
Tossing chemicals into the atmosphere is not causing bigger hurricanes any more than it causes ordinary hurricanes. I was listening to a guy talking about quantum mechanics last night and he stated that it's the energy behind matter....fascinating and he was clear as a bell. He says what we see in a tornado is not the tornado itself but dust and debris stirred up by the energy.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: amazing

.... Isn't it strange that all Democrats believe in man made global warming but all conservatives don't? How does that happen? I'll tell you...conservatives listen to media that tell them global warming is fake, and democrats listen to media that tells them global warming is true.

We always believe what the media tells us. First rule of life. "People are stupid and will believe what they are told to believe."

Conservatives, who also wish to conserve the Environment, look at all the data not just the "Faux News Channel" or "BSNBC" and have decided the left is delusional about it is the reason for that.

But don't liberals listen to all the data as well? I mean if I google climate change/global warming I will find articles and documents either written by real scientists or interviewing real scientists or referencing multiple scientific studies. Won't liberals do the same? Maybe it's conservatives that are delusional when they don't look at all of this data? Yes ..no?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Why is this so hard to understand? How could you not realize that the current climate change we are experiencing has a lot to do with mankind. We toss tons of chemicals into the air daily and you think this would not effect the climate?

How about the fact that we have destroyed much of the planet's natural resources over the years and you think this will not effect the planet?

I will never understand Climate change deniers.
Tossing chemicals into the atmosphere is not causing bigger hurricanes any more than it causes ordinary hurricanes. I was listening to a guy talking about quantum mechanics last night and he stated that it's the energy behind matter....fascinating and he was clear as a bell. He says what we see in a tornado is not the tornado itself but dust and debris stirred up by the energy.

But maybe scientists are telling us that SOME Hurricanes will be stronger due to warming water temperatures that could be related to greenhouse effects partly caused by us dumping chemiclas into the air?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Why stop there? let's throw the book at flat Earthers! Let's incarcerate all those juvenile delinquents who think that Han didn't shoot first! C'mon people it time to posthumously impeach Reagan!

I'm no Erin Brokovich, hell I'm no John Grisham but I'm pretty sure ignorance is not a crime.

Yeah, let's jail everyone that doesn't believe in evolution, the flat earthers, anti vaxxers, those that doubht the moon landing, young earth creationists, Vegans, accupuncturists, chiropractors, and every one selling Isogenix.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I'm confused on what the storm has to do with climate change. It wasn't that powerful of a storm.

. It's also a fact that when the high Cat 5 energy mass hits land mass it degrades into a Lower category. That fact alone should give a common sense understanding.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This would be funny if it weren't so damn scary.

Imprisoning people for their beliefs and thoughts seems so 17th century.

WTF is wrong with people.

The Only thing that i could possibly relate is ...

Prevention , and Preparation of a Disastrous Event
that could of Saved Lives ... Save a Town or a City Etc..
knowing of the Event before it Happen

Denial , just as some DIE for the Refusal of a Blood Transfusion
because of their Religious Beliefs .

well 3 Major Forest Fires, North West 3 Hurricanes , South East Major Flooding
in the United States , and Hail Stones the Size of your head in Spain ?
Major Earthquakes in Mexico , all in a few Weeks .. all after a Eclipse

was in my FB feed a week ago

Just Imagine of all these crazy Events Happened in 2012
just 5ish years too Late.. LOL

People would go Ballistic ,

it not the Disasters Hurricanes Floods Earthquakes ,
huge land mass Fires , and Freak Weather Events

as it Happens often, whats not Common is
all this Happening within a Week or Two!

well in July on USAtoday

It's been a stormy start to 2017 in the U.S., tying the 2nd-most natural disasters on record
www.usatoday.com...
2017/485167001/

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join