It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Abortion be considered the mother's choice, who asks the baby's opinion?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i wanted to go back to something JungleJake said, which i thought was a very valid point.
Pregnant women are told time and time again, not to smoke during pregnancy, not to drink, not to take drugs......and yet they are allowed to KILL the baby?
You cant have it both ways.....you cant say....there is a "thing" capable of being harmed by your actions.....and then say...."its not a proper life form yet....doesnt matter if you kill it"

Personally, the ONLY reason i would say abortion is neccessary is in the case of incest and rape.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Two Steps Forward wrote:
An embryo at conception doesn't have a will. It doesn't have an opinion. It doesn't relish the idea of dying, it doesn't fear it, it doesn't have any view on it whatsoever. Not only is it impossible to ask the embryo's opinion, but it has no opinion to be asked

a 2 year old, even a 3 year old child, doesnt have these capabilities either.....are you saying it is ok to kill THEM, just because they dont have thoughts on death or dying, or dont understand what life really is about?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like I tell my kids (both over 16 now), I brought you in and I can take you out, lol, not really.

I'll tell you how it can be a woman's choice. Because 95% of men never miss a car payment but only 25% ever pay child support.

Because anti-abortion is not pro-life it is pro-birth. You can dictate a woman's choice when you personally are going to shell out the emotional support and the dough needed to raise the child.

Otherwise, we all know what rung on the social ladder single mother's enjoy.

No woman wants an abortion. I think many who judge them harshly may be surprised to find themselves culpable.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im very sorry, but who has the right to tell anyone that they should either keep or kill their unborn child. There are only two people with the authority to have an opinion or decision making ability to decide the outcome of a pregnancy ( excepting doctors etc) but the main responsibility is lain on the womens shoulders - if they decide to abort then who are we to disagree?
Its all one thing to have an opinion on abortion but we have no authority unless we are one of the parents.

And even then does the father have any real authority??? I mean if the father wants an abortion and the mother doesn't and keeps the child then the father is expected to provide in some form - and is frowned upon by society. However if the father wants to keep the child and the mother doesn't then the child is aborted in most cases.

I think the biggest problem is that governments and religious groups want to try and control the population and they fear that people still have some form of control and so try and enforce their own 'ethics and morals'.

G

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So, when a father wants nothing to do with a child,,,, he is still forced by the courts to pay every month. If the mother wants nothing to do with it,,,, it's " Her Choice ". That's bull crap. It is still murder in the name of convenience. Earlier this year, a woman gave birth to a premature baby. She was just 21 weeks along. A very tiny HUMAN baby came out of her weighing just 10 ounces. That baby is still alive today and is over four pounds now. 21 weeks, that's just five months. Do not ever argrue that that thing inside the woman is or is not a human baby. Therefore abortion is murder. Did any of Ted Bundy's victims have a choice or was it his choice to end their lives? We live in a country now that is sympathetic towards murderers and rapists and try to excuse every action made. It's no wonder that we have so many children murdering people in schools and our rape and murder rates sky rocket every year. Noone wants to take responsibility for anything. What about the doctors that perform these attrocities? It's not their choice to murder these babies. Make the women do it themselves, it's their " choice " right? I say fine, lat it stay legal to have an abortion, just illegal to perform one.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
First off:

I Do Not support the death penalty.

I Do Not support abortion.

BUT!

I DO support a woman's right to choice.

I will never become pregnant. I have no intention of ever enabling another to become pregnant. These are circumstances and decisions which I consider intrinsic to my being; in essence, my excercision of what I consider to be my "rights" over my body and being.

I cannot, in good reason and conscience, demand that my body's integrity be honored under my rights while denying those same rights to women.

We must recognize, as simple fact, that, up to a certain stage of development, every feotus is dependent upon its mother's body; thoroughly incapable of viability as a separate enity.

As distasteful as it may sound, up to that stage of development, every feotus is to its mother as a parasite to its host.

We would not, could not force or coerce a host to willingly nurture a parasite; likewise we must allow a woman, upon whom we have bestowed the circumstancial title "mother", the option of terminating her "host-status".

It is her body, it is her decision.

Now I would hope that the ever continuing advance of medical science might one day allow the "harvesting" of unwanted feotuses and provide for their development and support to term, sans the effort of their biological mothers.

But until that day arrives, may it be soon, we must defer to the most intimately responsible party, the woman.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So if you were in an accident and could not viably survive on your own, without the support of another human, it is cool to abort you? If you are paralyzed like oh say Christopher Reeves was, he could not survive on his own, in essence he was a parasite of another according to your definition. Should his wife had had the CHOICE to kill him? Please don't try and argrue that it's not the same thing. There are thousands of couples waiting for adoptions every week.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Deesw.

In the scenario you presented, I would be beholden to medical science and technology, ie., Life Support.

Not another human's body.

For your scenario to make any sense at all, the situation would have to require that another person be required to sacrifice a bodily organ for my survival.

Even in the most dire circumstances, we do not routinely coerce one individual to render their body for the survival of another. Encourage, perhaps, as humanitarian, but we do not force.

And if you would read my prior post a bit more carefully, you would see that I specifically called for the further development of science and technology needed to allow feotuses that would have been aborted to be harvested and allowed to develop to term!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Christopher Reeves was not on life support. He had a caretaker 24/7. In essence that person had to donate their entire self. He had to be fed, cleaned up after, his butt wiped and so forth.
All I'm saying is that life is a miracle and that no human should be able to deny another the chance to realize that.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Requiem For Unborn Baby
Sorry I couldn't save you little one.
You weren't MY choice. You were someone else's.
Go back to God who wanted you.
Your mother can't be bothered. Your father has no balls.
God forgive me. I don't either.
I've raised a selfish, inconsiderate coward
whom I love more than the life of an innocent.
I prayed that you would have someplace safe to hide
because the sanctity of the womb has been breeched;
it will be your grave.
You can not hide. You can not run.
The abortionist will methodically seek your tender flesh
with his murderous pesuary to suction you out
piece by piece.
He will ignore your kicks.
He will give no heed to your heart beating wildly with fear.
No one will hear your silent scream.
And no one will see my tears.
I weep for you little one;
legally assasinated.
No one asked you what YOU chose.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Two thumbs up Whitewave

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join