It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Abortion be considered the mother's choice, who asks the baby's opinion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There has been a lot of discussion in this country lately after the aniversary of Roe VS Wade. I do not understand the concept of murdering a human life in the name of convenience. I was never a great big Ronald Reagan fan, but he was quoted once as saying " It seems to me that everyone that is for abortion has already been born ". A very great statement.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This subject is a difficult one for many. From a religious viewpoint to take a life at any stage is murder and should not be done. From a science point some argue that a life is not a life till born thus since within the women, she can choose. Parents make decisions for children daily and often do not ask their opinion. I know this does not compare to this subject but their are points on both sides. My concern are women using this as birth control. I do not support abortion in general but their are some situations in which to save the mothers life it may be necessary. I think more time should be on helping people understand that sex is a responsiblity and a lot comes with it. We need to go back to the basics if we are to get back on track.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This argument just makes no sense to me what so ever. You're acting as if this little fetus has already written books, discovered quantum mechanics, understands the concept of death, laughs, smiles, etc. It hasnt, it is nothing. If you want to call this murder, then masterbation is murder, too. And when you masterbate, you dont just kill one baby, you kill billions! Imagine that, worse than Hitler! This is just non-sensical to me. It isnt sentient, it wont cry, or resent you for aborting it. It has no concept of this. It truly is, nothing! It may be sad, but I dont think people have abortions for the hell of it. It is the mothers choice, her little bundle of cells has none.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
James Dobson had a panel of twelve doctors on Focus on the Family last year. They were all OB/GYN doctors and all agreed that there has never been one documented case where aborting a fetus would save the mother's life. There are always alternatives. He had a nurse on the show that was fired from her job because she tried to save a baby that had not made it to full term and the hospital regulations on premature births stated that the baby missed their window of saving by a few hours and thus it should not even be attempted to be saved.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

This argument just makes no sense to me what so ever. You're acting as if this little fetus has already written books, discovered quantum mechanics, understands the concept of death, laughs, smiles, etc.

Have you written books, discovered quantum mechanics, ridden in a submarine, played in a jazz concert, flown an f-14? If not then I guess that makes you nothing and you should be aborted.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks a legtimate scientific argument can be made in support of abortion is mistaken. Any biologist, doctor, or scientist will tell you unequivocally that the embryo is alive from the moment of conception.
The argument is that because the embryo can not exst outside of the womb untill a certan time frame it does not qualify as an independant life and is "merely" a part of the mothers body.
The other argument is that becuse the embryo is not sentient that it is all right to kill it.
Both are bunk.
Aborton is murder anyone who thinks dfferent is lieing to themselves.
And no masturabtng is no more murder than a woman having her period. Neither sperm nor egg alone are alive or can produce a life. However once they combne it is life.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
This argument just makes no sense to me what so ever. You're acting as if this little fetus has already written books, discovered quantum mechanics, understands the concept of death, laughs, smiles, etc. It hasnt, it is nothing. If you want to call this murder, then masterbation is murder, too. And when you masterbate, you dont just kill one baby, you kill billions!

The spermatoan has no potential for human life without the egg and everything you claim about a fetus can be said of any infant. Whatsay we just make it legal for a woman to choose to kill her children until such time as they have written a book, discovered quantum mechanics, understand the concept of death, laugh at something externally identifiable, or smile for some reason other than gas.

How about if we just grant a man's right to choose to kill his wife because she burned the toast.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is just no good legitimate excuse for abortion. It is just killing unborn children in the name of convenience.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In recent news:

"In an opinion issued last week, Cook County Judge Jeffrey Lawrence said "a pre-embryo is a 'human being' ... whether or not it is implanted in its mother's womb."

In his ruling, Lawrence relied on the state's Wrongful Death Act, which allows lawsuits to be filed if unborn fetuses are killed in an accident or assault. "The state of gestation or development of a human being" does not preclude taking legal action, the act says.

Lawrence also cited an Illinois state law that says an "unborn child is a human being from the time of conception and is, therefore, a legal person."
"

www.globetechnology.com...

By implication, abortions done in IL are actually the lawful killing of legal persons. Interesting!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have never heard a rational justification for any abortion. My body, my choice; Abortion would be legal if men got pregnant, and all the other inanities are idiotic rationalizations for homicide.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Babies who make it out of the womb into the arms of a family or mother who would care for them do not get a voice in governmental affairs until they turn 18. Just a short time ago that age of recognition was 21. So for longer than it is now, it took at least three decades for an individual to be recognized as having merit enough to decide what is right and wrong with the laws they live under. Its only been recently cut down to two decades. Your answer as to why the baby has no opinion is right there.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Okay, let's let women kill their children with impunity until they reach the age of majority.

[edit on 05/2/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
There is just no good legitimate excuse for abortion. It is just killing unborn children in the name of convenience.

Ask someone who was made pregnant from a rape if she is having an abortion for reasons of convience.

Legally I believe abortion should be a right that is irrefutable ubder the dictates of the U.S. Consititution.

Morally I believe abortion to be a tragic event.

I think we need to keep it legal but do everything in our power to try to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Teaching abstinence, teaching about birth control (becasue let's be honest, teens have sex no matter how one tries to scare the hell out of them.) I really think things of this nature would make abortion rates drop dramatically and that is good for everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well, I guess we can all just sit around and enjoy our world as it begins to overpopulate...B/c if too many people hold fancy the idea of "killing" abortion rights, then the human race is going in the direction of cats and dogs...

[sarcasm]Following this path of logical, the next step will be to have little Bob and Susan spayed and neutered while they're young....[/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Legally I believe abortion should be a right that is irrefutable ubder the dictates of the U.S. Consititution

I do not see how the Constitution can give a woman the right to murder her child. That's what it is, murder. A raped woman,,,, I could not even imagine how a woman who has been raped feels, but murder is murder. There is always adoption. There are also drugs to prevent conception.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I was never a great big Ronald Reagan fan, but he was quoted once as saying " It seems to me that everyone that is for abortion has already been born ". A very great statement.

I can't wait until I'm old so I can say contrived Mark Twainisms and people quote me like it's wisdom on high. As it so happens, I'm wearing a white suit and smoking a cigar now (not to mention typing in a crackly voice)... so the following must be true.

Seems to me everyone against abortion wasn't just run down in the park by a roving gang of houligans and 'Wilded'.

Seems to me the male of the species has scant perspective on carrying around an unwanted football in their abdomen for 9 months, yet talk as if the most authoritative on the matter.

Seems to me all the fine upstanding old men in politics these days have forgotten what it's like to be a scared 16 year old girl.

Seems to me it's the biggest bastards in our society that are intent on pressing women to make more.

Actually, that last one was quite good.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Seems to me everyone against abortion wasn't just run down in the park by a roving gang of houligans and 'Wilded'.

You act as though men are the only ones who believe abortion is wrong. I know just as many women against it if not more. You think a scared 16 year old is justification for abortion? A 16 year old girl knows what she is doing when she has sex, do not kid yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You act as though men are the only ones who believe abortion is wrong. I know just as many women against it if not more. You think a scared 16 year old is justification for abortion? A 16 year old girl knows what she is doing when she has sex, do not kid yourself.

And you and your cronies act as if you know better than the rule of law and the majority of women and men in this country thankful for their right to choose. I respect your belief that abortion is wrong though. I suggest you don't have one. The self prescribed authoritarian here though is you and yours. Save the 'you act as thoughs' for yourself.

I act like I want. Free country. For now.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And you and your cronies act as if you know better than the rule of law and the majority of women and men in this country thankful for their right to choose. I respect your belief that abortion is wrong though. I suggest you don't have one. The self prescribed authoritarian here though is you and yours. Save the 'you act as thoughs' for yourself.

So in plain English,,,, are you for or against abortion?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Abortion is a hard thing.......I had one at 17, yes I was married, no I wasn't PG when I got married....I was pushed into it, and I have told you all about the recurring nightmare I had for many years about the baby crying in the basement and when I would go to pick it up, it would be a little skeleton with it's little arms held up to me...horrifying, I still have sometimes! I would never "choose" to have one, though I believe it should be done for incest, rape, medical reasons, deformities......I do not believe women should have them as birth control. I have a cousin that has had six of them...SIX! The last one being a little baby girl
If your going to have sex, then you need to be responsible enough to use birth control, especially in today's time...there is absolutely no reason what so ever to have an unwanted pregnancy....it's taught at school, it's readily available to anyone......abortion screws with your mind big time, or, at least it should! We all have our own sorrows to bear and our feelings on these things.....but anyone that can have one, even tricked into it as I was....and not feel the emptiness, and not think about it, or have nightmares about it....to me, has a lack somewhere in their character. But, that's my feelings on it......I'm sure others have their own reasons for their emotions on it whether pro or con. I have a hard time with the "it's my body" mindset.....yes it is, but it's another's life...it did not choose be there....you made it be there. If you don't want it, al least give it it's life and let someone that does want it, have it....abortion should not be for connivance...MHO here folks, for what it's worth.

EDIT:
I do believe that if men were the ones that got pregnant....this would of never been an issue to ever start with

[edit on 2/11/2005 by LadyV]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join