It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormally-Impaired?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hello all!

I'm rather new here to ATS, and I've found a lot of interesting things across all of the forums. However, the paranormal studies forum has piqued my interest. I just posted a response to this thread:

Numbers and their significance

I basically said that I've never experienced any strange coincidences with numbers or with anything else really. I have never seen ghosts or heard them. I've never had things in my house moved about when I wasn't looking. I have never had an out of body experience. I have had some strangely realistic dreams, but I don't think that those are paranormal at all.

I guess, aside from my childhood fear of the dark there hasn't really been anything worth noting with any sort of paranormal significance. I doubt fear of the dark even qualifies, but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

There was a house that I lived in as a child where some strange things happened. I found a zodiac pendent in the front yard and my sister said she saw several ghosts walking about in the upstairs part of the house. There were rumors that someone had been murdered and buried in the wall of what had become my parents bedroom.

I was extremely afraid of going into their room but the older I get the less I think that it was anything more than my own mind.

What about you folks? Have any of you had actual paranormal or supernatural experiences, or are we all just interested in it? Are any of you paranormally impaired?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Intangibl3

I have a haunted clock. Oft times, usually following the death of a family member, the pendulum swings. Problem is the pendulum is decorative, just hangs

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

That's pretty weird. My wife has told me stories of haunted objects in her childhood such as a children's keyboard that would play with no power to it.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i've never had any experiences, but i enjoy reading the stories of those who have.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Yes same here. I kind of wish I could experience something like that, but then again maybe I'm better off not haha

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yeah ive had a couple of very real experiences

HERE'S ONE that i would like an explanation for

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The first apartment we grew up in, we were right next to the wooden ladder / staircase that led to the attic. Once had a dream that there was an airman with a broken leg asking me for help. Next day, mum heard scratching sounds above my bedroom. We went upstairs and found a starling that was injured after flying in through the open skylight.

Once had a dream when a giant face appeared on my wall (just like the hologram in the cartoon series The Sentinels). Think it was triggered by my Dad's snoring, but I just wouldn't play near that wall after that.

Remember one Summer night when I was woken up by a buzzing sound and seeing "something" flickering round the lightbulb hanging down from the ceiling. Seemed to cast a soft glow because the shadow of the cable was going round and round (could have been reflection from the streetlights). Called out for dad, the light when on, and flickering thing flew towards the wall with shelves and disappeared. Closest critter I have seen after than is one of those burrowing beetles.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I wonder what that line was... I've never heard of anyone seeing anything like that at all. The fact that you didn't feel compelled to look up at the window is cool though.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Hmmm those are strange experiences, particularly the starling one. Maybe you were tapped in to an extra dimensional space and in that space the bird was actually a man. I dunno, sounds cool though haha

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I've had multiple "paranorma" (or occult, or spiritual, it depends on your POV, I consider them spiritual, as a Pagan) experiences.

Biggest one, was when I was breaking up with someone. It was fecking messy. I was in the middle of a ritual, out of my mind with greif, I wanted to know "WHY". I got a phone call, and she screamed at me "Stop what you are doing".... that was the last time we talked. Was I trying to get her back? No. But she felt what was happening.... miles away. She had previously felt when I was in danger too. I was in the lab, and the power went out, while I was adding something dangerous to a reaction (a grignard reagent if people care) on a big scale (50 L reaction).... I had to stop it, stabilize it, and get out. There was a text "what is wrong"... only my building had lost power.

So yeah I've experienced them. There is more than that. But those will do for now.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

That's eerie. I've heard of people somehow communicating with one another subconsciously over great distances. It would be great to be able to consciously harness something like that.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I am not sure she did. I feel that it was the emotion of the situation. I still don't get the break up. She decided to end it, with no explanation. We were running into some serious territory. Today she's recently divorced, apparently having left her husband in the same manner (taking both kids they had). If she felt me ever again, she never let on. I certainly don't feel her presence anymore either.

Many of my other "paranormal" things have occured at times of great emotion too. I think that is a way to delve into them.

Like I said, I've got a lot, some I will even share.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well I'm more than willing to hear the stories! I really enjoy it so bring em on! 😁

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I have good luck divining how things are using my Ogam (google it). I seem to be able to get to the crux of a question. Funny thing is you have to wait to see these questions answered in a mundane way, to know you divined it. Otherwise you are like those people who believe the side show tarot reader about everything

Often if I get visited in a dream by someone I held dear who has passed, its a sign of a major event in my life. WIth out fail. This is especially true around 1 1st (samhain in the southern hemisphere) and November 1st (Beltaine in down here), when the veil between here and the otherworld is thin.

As a Celtic Reconstructionist I can rationalize these things yet as a Scientist it drives me a wee bit crazy as to the fact they happen.

Most spiritual for me (that I am willing to talk about) is 8 years or so again, my wife and I were going through a rough arsed patch. Three crows followed me around. It was winter, and they would follow me as I walked the dog. Day or night. I started reading a book (a PhD thesis in truth) about the Irish Goddess An Morrigan (the Morrigan).... I understood that it was her encouraging me to follow her more. When I did, my marriage woes decreased a lot. I was happier. The Crows stayed around as long as I lived in Milwuakee. Now in New Zealand I keep an eye out of Magpies (closest to a Crow we have) ... I see that as a sign of "take note".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I had 11:11 phenomena before I knew it was a phenomena.

You can see it as a part of unconscious who is playing hide and seek with the conscious mind. A signal where the gaze move towards looking at a source that tells you 11:11 without conscious thought that you should look there.

I do not do out of body. I know about psi sending but do not receive on the same level as I send on purpose. I know how to do the vibrating body thing. I am not an Empath but have meet some.

If a person spend a lot of time slowly increasing the body award system and changing how the amagydala works or go for the amagydala fear overload directly is up to the one seeking increased body awareness. Going for the quick route is like "turning on the light to a very intense setting from a very dark room in a very short time". The body senses have a hard time adjusting to the change.

And adjusting the amagydala is just one of the recalibrations you can do to the body.
edit on 12-9-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When my father passed away in 2004 many strange things happened in the years after.

the first night me my mother and brother came back to the house without him the house alarm would set itself off and refused to set.

the night he died (at home) my neighbors heard loud banging on the garage door (we had already gone to the hospital)

When my mother has been upset over something there has been a warm (VERY warm) patch next to her on her bed. As if someone had been sat there but nobody had.

Me and my brother witnessed a "Happy Easter" card we received from a family friend rotate on it's own on the dining table.

Little things like catching a shadow out the corner of your eye, stairs creaking etc. And lost items (that were even lost before he died) randomly turning up in the most obvious places - for example a set of keys sticking out the side of the couch we sat on daily - yet, the they were missing for about 4 years)

And the amount of times I have shouted or started a conversation with who I thought was my mother or brother walking/running upstairs but I look out of my room and nobody was there....

so many unusual things. you could try explain some of them away - sure, but not all of them.
edit on 13-9-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

From my earliest years I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and into my bedroom right up to the side of my bed and stop. I'd cover my head up and just lie there waiting, but they didn't walk away. Finally I'd go to sleep somehow. Many times in the middle of the night I'd wake to see the time on the clock read 3:15 and I'd get up in the pitch dark and try to leave the room and go downstairs, only I wasn't able to open the door. When I flipped on the light switch the lights wouldn't come on either. I remember walking around in a panic and feeling the walls trying to get a sense of what was going on and then the next thing I remember it was morning.

Later on, as a teenager, things started moving around on their own. I watched an ID bracelet I had slide across my desk by itself and a picture fall off the wall in response to a though of mine. I told myself, "if someone's in here that picture will fall off the wall" and it did. And the endless footsteps... I'd sit downstairs right below my bedroom watching TV late at night and the footsteps would just walk around and around in my room above. It sounded like a bunch of people up there. I'd get in my car and drive up town until morning before I'd go in my room again.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That's interesting. I'd never heard of Celtic Reconstructionism until now, so thanks for sharing that. Aside from everything else, I'm glad to hear that your marriage issues got resolved. Do you often see magpies nowadays?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I always wonder how much of this sort of thing can be thought of as a result of external forces rather than our own subconscious minds.

This may sound silly, but what is "psi sending"?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Wow those are some pretty strange incidences. Do you think that these things happened as a direct result of the actions of your father's spirit? I've heard of stories like this, but again I've never experienced it. I'm not saying that I want to necessarily either haha it seems kind of freaky. I suppose if it were your father, though, there wouldn't be any need to be afraid, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join