It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Last Pagans of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just started reading The Last Pagans of Iraq - Ibn Wahshiyya and his Nabatean Agriculture and well it's looking like it's going to be an interesting read.
For exsample did you know that Clear weather is known by (observing) the Moon. If the crescent is seen on the third night as tiny small and brilliant (barraq) this indicates that there will be the fine moderate (mu'tadil) weather. Nope me neither. If anybody else has read it I would love to hear your thoughts?
But it got me thinking, how much ancient knowledge have we really lost since Sumeria? even simple things like observing The Sun/The Moon/ The animals in accurately forecasting things like weather. It's quite scary if you think about
edit on 12-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Because it's utterly unimportant. How often do you have to forecast the weather in....sumeria?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Man has forgotten the Torah, the Yoga, the art of chi/qi etc.

But the most important part. The Torah is a law of the world (for the most part) and we cannot uphold it.
Part of it is to observe the seasons through the two great lights and all the lesser ones. Part of it is to control your body.
Part of it is to control your mind. Part of it is to control your heart. A part of it is to control your soul.
A part of it is to try and gain what we are promised in heaven through earthly-to-heavenly experiences.

But we can't. So we fail and become a pray to evil principalities who love the Torah/Yoga/chi-qi etc...

Lest we surrender ourselves to our Father in heaven through our lord who is one with him.

Don't bite further on that big apple and all that djazz and whatnot.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Interesting. Wicca owes most of its appropriated and invented ways and ritual objects from the Muslim and pagans of the Bedouin/North Africa.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
....unreal.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There's no telling what we've lost over the centuries. Carl Sagan once said that the burning of the Library of Alexandria probably threw our knowledge 500 years behind where it should be. I suspect the same can be said in this instance as well. There's no telling.
edit on 13-9-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

It's kinda sad due to the rise of Christianity and Islam, paganism became vilified. Many of these pagan shrines are destroyed because
many Christians/Muslims thought it's connected to the devil.

In fact I have a theory that many of the Pagan tribes in Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East eventually fled to other worlds via Stargates. There was a rumor that the Stonehenge was a Stargate and from this I believe that many British tribes fled Britain to another planet because of the invading Roman, Anglo Saxon and Catholic forces.

There was one story I read where an Inca man along with a few others went through what appears to be a Stargate to escape the invading Spanish conquistadors.
edit on 9/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

The Torah is ONE set of laws but not the only set of laws neighbour. There is not evidence to suggest Abrahamic faith is the only legitimate one

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ujjvala

Ehhh. .... I'd not go that far. I'm a Pagan (Celtic Reconstructionist) not a Wiccan. Ungle Gerry stole from a lot of places, but the bits you are talking about, he took from Ceremonial Magic, and Great Uncle Crowley is more likely to have borrowed from there.

new topics

top topics

join