It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Posessed" Nun's 341 Year-Old "Devil's Letter" Deciphered With Algorithm from "Dark Web"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank you for this, AD.
It was a pleasure to read...and fascinating subject matter.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nicely done!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It could be that the symbolic writing she was using for her premeditated or impulsive message in those days, whether or not invented by her, was familiar to a fraction of the community of which she was a member.

ETA: I have no skill in cryptography, but there have been innumerable cases throughout history in which encrypted messages are used to convert ordinary information into unintelligible text.
edit on 12 9 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Very interesting article S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I feel confident that all these mysterious languages will be deciphered eventually... the question is will it be through computer technology or something else... like remote viewing, or another human mind expansion of some sort...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nice thread. Gonna throw it out there: May be from grey aliens instead of heathen's Gods.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They got the cypher wrong.

It's actually a chili recipe.
And not as spicy as you would think.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Nice thread. Gonna throw it out there: May be from grey aliens instead of heathen's Gods.

Depends on what you think "grey aliens" are.

Some believe they are physical embodiments of the fallen watcher angels

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
by decipher you mean give meaning to something otherwise meaningless, in other words, something we can imagine...

I bet we couldn't have deciphered it into something we couldn't understand... odd how the human mind works huh.

Except she, as the owner of a human mind, would have to be able to comprehend it to transcribe it as it was told to her, no?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agree, and also why, if God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are but "dead weights".... why not just take over, run this show called "life"...... ohhhh, maybe they are already?

Everytime I hear stories of these demonic entities and their tricky games, I get the feeling of desperation on their part.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

I have always felt the same Village. For me at least, just more evidence for the Bible. That's just me though.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"God thinks he can free mortals. This system works for no one... Perhaps now, Styx is certain." It goes on to try and convince the nun to abandon her faith, arguing that God is merely the invention of man and that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are “dead weights”

Sounds like she bumped in to or was in contact with the alleged Greys.

They apparently have been known to attempt to convince contactees along similar lines.

Not as far fetched as one might think if what Jacques Vallée has to say about the apparent demonic alien connection holds any weight.

....wut? What the hell are you on about? This has less than zero to do with aliens. Good grief. I swear, some people on here have become self-parodies. Somebody wrote a generic and clichéd letter about God and the devil, and you immediately jump to the conclusion that she was visited by aliens. lol. It's equal parts stupid and hilarious.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

dear god...
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN THIS STORY THAT SO MUCH AS IMPLIES EVEN A SLIGHT MODICUM OF RELATION TO ALIENS.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

You really should look into the work of Jacques Vallee and then you'd know exactly what they are talking about.

Greys in the context they are using are not about aliens from outer space but something much more intriguing. A little more research on your part will go a long way

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The opinion of the researchers is that Isabella, an apparent linguistic adept in her own right, was likely suffering from some sort of mental disorder and penned the letter herself without any demonic influence.

More like she realized she was trapped within a cult, hopelessly trapped, as a woman doing penance for no other reason, in an exclusive mens club. The only way she could pen it was in code, or they'd probably pour molten lead in her mouth and ears.

Poor girl

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The opinion of the researchers is that Isabella, an apparent linguistic adept in her own right, was likely suffering from some sort of mental disorder and penned the letter herself without any demonic influence.

More like she realized she was trapped within a cult, hopelessly trapped, as a woman doing penance for no other reason, in an exclusive mens club. The only way she could pen it was in code, or they'd probably pour molten lead in her mouth and ears.

Poor girl

I will second that as far more logical explanation.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

The church seems to have jumped to the conclusion that she was possessed by a demon. Rather a few similarities between what demons and aliens allegedly get up to as far greater minds than my own have alluded to.

Whats equal parts stupid and hilarious is you own presumption that there is no connection, but hey everyone's entitled to express an opinion.

And you are after all in a paranormal forum, so i have to ask, what the hell are you on about exactly??? LoL

edit on 13-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I suspect her rationality was getting the better of her when she wrote that letter...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A) the photograph doesnt show a letter 15 lines long.
B) why are we given a synopsis of the translation
C) IS It a completed translation or not? Since it says only 15 lines have been translated?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The Gods in Religion and Mythology are Aliens ,, they are not from this Earth .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join