It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I created my username way before that dang movie came out.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just finished watching that new Disney movie "Noren "

It was hilarious! Anybody else see Noren yet?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
About two years ago I drove for uber for 2 months here in la. Moana wasn't even advertised yet but I knew about the character and film from a tumblr page for animated characters "of color." Anyway, one evening I picked up a girl in the Burbank area and she was a beautiful polynesian woman named Moana.

So we chatted a bit about la and she had me drive her to a warehouse industrial area near North hollywood. I then told her she shares the name with the next disney princess and she sighed and said she knew. She worked at starbucks and met the screenwriter and storyboard artist and they interviewed her about her culture and sketched her and then pitched the film. She was very at ease about because at that point this had happened a few years before and she made peace with it.

So I dropped her off at her location and said that it was nice to meet the original Moana and she siad thanks and that it's probably best people don't know the real Moana works at a strip club. I looked up at the door and neon banner and there was the strip club.

It was the perfect la film industry story. At least give the girl a credit or small part, or job at Disney.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Moana

Just saying that green font colour is rather hard to distinguish from your back ground pic.

Might just be my system or monitor all the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You think that's bad? I made mine years ago, it represented my name, and a car club i was. Then the Bath salts craze happened.
That's when I found out, chemically, bath salts are MDPV... one day my ex asked, "So, what's the C stand for?" I was confused .Then informed me that she read an article which included the chemical abbreviation. Then I was confused again, why the hell would I chose bath salts as a user name.
When I asked, they told me there's no way to change it

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Here's another good joke. I chose "Noren" based on the character Saga Noren in the Swedish/Danish TV show Bron/Broen (The Bridge). The difference is that I actually like that show and love Saga....and it has nothing to do with Disney.
We're all drowning slowly in media.

Oh, and my avatar is also from a TV show, this one from the BBC. Anyone know what it is?
edit on 12-9-2017 by Noren because: added avatar info.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Well, I know more about drugs than anyone I've ever met, and I had no idea about that abbreviation. I wouldn't worry too much.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Actually, the Polynesians "Created" that name about 1000 years ago, or more when they were Asians.

If you come to my city, you can visit Moana beach, as it has been named for the past 150 years or so.

Perhaps you heard John Rowles sing "Cheryl Moana Marie" once upon a time and the name stuck in your head.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Oh, I know the name origin, I am a little obsessed with names and always study their roots. I just don't want to be associated with a kids' movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree, I was about to change it. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If it's any consolidation, my colorblind eyes can't even see your username on your avatar background without highlighting it with my mouse.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You are the owner of the name "Moana" keep it, it is all yours.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord designed the software. He can do anything he wants around here.

I'd ask him.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

"Moana" is sexy and has an air of mystery that produces outrageous, spontaneous thoughts stemming from only brief glimpses and knowledge of the movie. Keep it.

...'Course, if you are a raging feminist, you will object to such an objectification.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join