It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the KKK was Always a Leftwing Organization started by Democrats

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Pyle
OP why you lie?

First lie: The KKK in the past supported the Democrats and had democratic members but it was not started by the democrats it was started by former confederate members who were unhappy with reconstruction and the loss of slavery.

i am sorry... are you trying to claim that those "confederate members" were not democrats?... Who is lying again?...

originally posted by: Pyle
Second lie: The KKK now supports GOP and Tea Party candidates so no they were not always a left-wing org. in fact they NEVER were a left-wing org. They have always been right-wing.

BLM, among many other violent left-wing groups supported and voted democrat, I guess democrats are all violent racists who want to start another race war...

Some of those confederates were undoubtedly democrats after the war. Problem is you are conflating individuals that support democrats with the party. Something I might add you seem to hate when people do it to the right.

Second I am not sure what BLM and starting race wars have to do with you not understanding that the KKK was NEVER a left leaning org.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'll go back to my mom's basement now.

Grab me and her another beer on the way down.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Grab me and her another beer on the way down.

Now that is some funny #!

Well played sir, well played.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You know , I am tired of all the horsesh** going on with this topic
1st - You have to make a distinction in terms.
"Left" is the Progressive Liberals. Period.
Democrat is a political party
"Right" is closely tied with the conservatives.
Republican is a political party

No , the KKK was not invented by "leftist" . Unknown is the party that created it . And I imagine it is a mix of both parties.
See , I was a member of the original Liberals . The hippies. We fought against that type of stuff. We only loosely adopted the Democratic Party as there was no "Liberal Party" and still isnt. And in my day , the Republicans wouldnt have us.

The problem comes into being when someone associates the fight against Civil Rights with the KKK .
Yes the fight against the Civil Rights movement was a predominantly Democrat fight. Those folks were (for the most part) called Dixiecrats and staunch Democrats. But that doesnt mean they were members of the KKK
The KKK is a group and they are individuals that are not bound to either party . I would think they vote their choice.

I hear so much ignorance spouted by way too many folks here . The main one is that the entire group of Dixiecrats moved over to the Republican Party. No , that just isnt true. There were some that did however. Those either realized the folly of the fight against Civil Rights or at least understood that fight was becoming EXTREMELY unpopular in the South . The former group "changed its spots , the latter didnt . They wanted to be re-elected next term and distanced themselves. The major part remained on in the Democratic Party , but laid aside their ideology over a period of time.Some , I imagine never did .
But that doesnt mean every single one belonged to the KKK though.

Want an example ?
Senator Robert Byrd - Democrat - KKK - evidently changed later in life
George Wallace - Democratic governor of Alabama and a prime example of the fight against equality - Dixiecrat

So , when you speak about a group with certainty , make sure you have all your ducks in a row first . Educate yourself with books , not the effin internet.
Annnnndddd

End Rant.
edit on 9/12/17 by Gothmog because: got the 2 mixed up , but actually they are close.

link   
a reply to: introvert

All of us, except the modern KKK members, can all agree the KKK and their beliefs have no place in our society. We should be able to stand together in denouncing their ideologies,

Sorry to have to inform you but the national headquarters of one White Nationalist group is in my town, in my society. I live on land they claim as their future White Ethno-State.

They aren't affiliated with any major U.S. political party. They are anti-government because they want to carve their own state out of 4 states of the union. Like modern-day Confederates. And they rallied with the "Unite the Right" in Charlottesville.

I can denounce them all day every day. They aren't leaving.

If I throw a rock through their window then I'd be jailed and labelled antifa.
Hell, if I put black clothes on and loiter in front of their office too long I'd be jailed and labelled Antifa.

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Maybe use emoji's?

I wish there was a way to do it in crayon.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Lord knows we need a little levity in this thread.

Where the hell is the site's chief clown, DB?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Whatever they were before.

They really haven't changed their values. And are now Republicans.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

We should include all groups or people that hold those beliefs on the list of those we should denounce.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Here's a challenge, sure to be ignored, for the Original Poster.

What specific leftist ideology did the Klan espouse? Please be detailed in your reply.

I used a black guy intentionally, because it seems extra triggering for some folks.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would have preferred an Idris Elba meme, but this guy is smooth and will effectively trigger.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My bad.

Was trying to make light of the situation and inject some obvious hyperbole for the sake of humor.

Not your bad this thread needs some LOL's.

Though I do Like what you originally said.

I gotta end this response....my mom is yelling down to me in my sanctum disturbing my peace.

Why can't she figure out it always the same damn thing I want for dinner Macaroni and Franks!
edit on 12-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lord knows we need a little levity in this thread.

Where the hell is the site's chief clown, DB?

He had a klan meeting.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Idris is cool...

But I don't think Terrence Howard (pictured above) has ever done anything below excellent.

Used to be my favourite actor. Probably still in my top 3.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The look of utter boredom while he eats his popcorn is what spoke to me.

That, and it was the first one I could find that would fit under the file limit that I actually liked.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes the KKK was Always a Leftwing Organization started by Democrats

Does this mean that the KKK now self identifies as LGBTQ, BLM and Antifa?

What does this question even mean with regard to Democrats?

Some people don't seem to understand that not all left-wing regimes are, or were "pro LGBTQ, BLM, and Antifa"...

Is China pro LGBTQ, and is it pro violent anti-government groups?...

Some members don't seem to be aware that in oppressive left-wing regimes like in Cuba, gays, lesbians, etc, would get imprisoned alongside writers who dared write of freedom...

edit on 12-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I used a black guy intentionally, because it seems extra triggering for some folks.

I can just see the their faces now.

Actually I cant since their hoods are in the way.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

He had a klan meeting.

Is that like Jenny Craig?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

He had a klan meeting.

Is that like Jenny Craig?

Why yes, yes it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes yes Haz and Sham, but for hot chocolate smooth-ability rating:
1 being Carlton for the Fresh Prince and 10 being Lando Calrissian
Idris rates a high 9 triggerer-bility for angry white guys.
..... just a tip for your future reference

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join