It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chapter Numbers and Verses are Inspired of the LORD.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Please everyone, if you are not interested in the Subject of the OP I suggest you go elsewhere. Rabbit trials and hijacking threads are prohibitive via the T&C of ATS.

You stated the book wasn't written by men. Therefore it's part of the discussion.

Also, the "first death" would have been an animal for coverings for Adam and Eve. That's gen 3.
edit on 1292017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Please you are not interested in the OP you are merely here to antagonize. You can read and it has been explained if you do not understand then go away until you do.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You do realise this is a forum anyone can post on and reply to?

Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Consider that some of you believe in auto-writing or spirit led writing of the paranormal, yet never once considered that God was the first to do so and the devils are still mimicking it today.

I don't believe in any of those phenomenon, I consider them all equally preposterous.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But you are not seeing that the point in which you questioned was already answered if you don't understand the answer then maybe you need to go to another thread that is more in tune to your like.

You are just antagonizing which is against the T&C I suggest you comply.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm not. I'm addressing your thread.

The first death is in gen 3.

The book was written by men for men of the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The book was Inspired to Moses By God, up until that time after coming out of Egypt, all history of the BEGINNINGS the meaning of Genesis was lost. Physical writing/penning is by man but God inspired it to have his words preserved.

The first murder is in Gen 4 not 3, and the first death by old age is recorded in Genesis 5:5.

Now, you don't agree and I accept that but your continued antagonism is asinine.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So the book wasn't written by your god? That means you made it up with your reply saying it was.

Nope. Gen 3 for coverings for Adam and Eve.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here let me quote it for you plainly and you go to the book store and buy copy and verify it for yourself. It matters not to me whether you believe it or not because you are a bibliphobiac, you fear the words of God because you know it to be true.

2Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

edit on 12-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So your book says your book is inspired by your god?

That's hardly a surprise. How else are men going to push their religion.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Then I think it is time for you to go to another thread. Let us who would discuss what we believe alone. This is not a thread for you except to antagonize those who believe in God and his preserved words no matter what his methods are.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Stop trying to push me out of a thread. Gatekeeping isn't allowed.

I think I'll stay here for longer though. I'm having fun.

Now, back on topic.

Gen 3 is the first death. An animal to cover Adam and Eve.
edit on 1292017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We never mentioned spiritual death and Adam did not physically die until Gen 5:5 or is it yo cannot read post correctly or are you do so through tented lens. If so then go you have no need to be here.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I never said Adam died. Try keeping up.

In gen 3, an animal (or multiple animals) were killed to cover Adam and Eve.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Deaths of animals are you so sure? Does the text actually say an animal was killed?

Or could the skins be actual skin over their spiritual bodies.

I know the traditional teachings but the text does not allow for it for it does not say any animals were killed.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'll go with it being animal skins. Different bibles say animal skins. And it messes up your OP.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Can you demonstrate that the scriptures are nothing more than the words of men? I mean I see useful things in the works of my faith, but I don't expect others too.

I await you proving that these scriptures of yours, which have been translated, mistranslated, transcribed, mistranslated innumerable times, are something holy, ad not holey....

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yes, I agree there are plenty of so called Holy Bibles out there, almost 400 in fact, in English which is the worlds current trade language. BUt God says he will preserve his words, which include preserving Israel as a nation of people, but it is his words and men can only pervert them. To that I agree to many of The Bible versions on the market today.

So how to prove the one I believe is preserved to you is impossible because your heart is not right to receive truth. Your heart is set on proving error and mishandling of old incomplete so call documents of dead languages. Leave it to man and it will be corrupt.

So this is the only way I can prove it to you and this involves you being active in proving it. If you don't have the preserved word in your hands/home now. PM me a mailing address, no name needed I'll just put TerryDon79 on it, and I will gladly send you one.

If you have one or want one once you have it in your hands. Just ask God to show you truth in that Bible. It was the same challenge given me in 2003. I did it and it took three years of reading and rereading note taking and observation until I saw truths that no NASB, NIV, NKJV nor any of the others 25 versions I have read ever showed me.

I have shared plenty of times what I have found that proves to me that the word of God I hold in my hand today be Gods true and preserved words.

But it is you who must take this journey of discovery of truth. Stop the ears and cover your eyes of mine and any other men's words and believe in your heart that there is a version in English that is the preserved word of God and ask God to show you the truth.

Don't say you are an Atheist you already showed us this week you are indeed a believer in a true and living God but that belief even the devils have. No you must in your heart go deeper seclude yourself as I did and let God be true and every many a liar, that you shall receive the truth with a pure, noble and true heart.

So take up this pure and noble heart of yours go to the preserved word and find out the truth. It is truly a heart issue.

I apologize to you for insulting you, I was being somewhat childish, I hope you can find it in your heart forgive me. Even love can some times be in error.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Eh I'd say Manderin is doing a better job as a Trade language, that might just be becuase I work in an industry where China makes most of the chemicals I start with.

Then you delve into the judgment on my faith. Your saviour tells you not to Judge. I remember this from the Christian School I attended (as an atheist, then Pagan).

I would contend that there is no evidence that my heart is not open to truth. Rather you can not show your truth is the only truth.

I've never said I was an atheist (now) though I have been in the past. I hold fealty to an entire tribe of deities, not just one.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You were never taught how to study nor how to rightly divide the word of truth and you cannot differentiate between Israel and the church. One did not replace the other. If you were not saved you did not understand for your heart was not receptive for the truth.

The evidence is your own words, which they (your words) and the words you heard of Jesus, and those of the Gospel will judge you.

Good luck with your deities they will get you no where when you are called to your long home.

But what does this have to do with the chapter and verse numbering system?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join