It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to Xbox One, looking for game recommendations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Ummm...Weird...I just bought my first Xbox 1...I also bought Destiny 2...Overwatch...Halo 5 Guardians...Forza 5...Titanfall 2...Gears of war 4...and Mass Effect Andromeda...

I also had to pick up a 50" 4k ultra high def TV to fully appreciate the experience

I thought that was a well rounded way to start out...

I was big time into destiny and played a lot of Overwatch on my daughters PS4...These are all continuing series of games I played on my 360...

I can play for hours and not get tired of it...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Rainbow 6 Siege is a terrific PvP game, but has a steep learning curve. The PvE is almost non-existent. New DLC every quarter.

The Division is great, to a point. The end-game is fairly lame (in my opinion) and is essentially just a loot grind. The game is essentially in it's death throes at this point, so the DLC is few and far between but the next major one looks like it'll be pretty solid. I suspect that will likely be the last major DLC for The Division.

Battlefield 1 is stunning, but has the same issues that past BF games have had. Bugs that never get fixed, patches that fix some problems but create others. And, unlike other BF titles, it has a painfully slow DLC schedule.

The upcoming CoD just finished a beta weekend and looks like a cheap knock-off of itself. Comparing the graphics of it to the graphics BF 1 had in beta, BF 1 blows the doors off it.

Assassin's Creed Origins comes out the end of October.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Limbo is a fun game

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

^^^ couldn't have said it better myself.

It's one of the most strategic and technical games I've ever played. Communication and playing with a team is suggested.

I like that and rocket league at the moment. Battlefield 1 is absolutely gorgeous, but unfortunately didn't keep me as locked in as battlefield 4. Which is a shame, the new game modes and the attempt to do something different was admired, but I just wasn't a fan. I think the World War 1 attempt with guns that werent even around in WWII just got sloppy for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Battlefield 1. Destiny if you want the background story,

Destiny 2. That is all necesarry for many hours of play.

Mass Effect Andromeda if you like cutscenes galore and choices in campaign. I always like Assassins Creed too.

Destiny 2. Did I say that already? It rocks!
Open world rpg shooter with spells, raids, pve, pvp, grinding for gear, etc. And there are 4 different planets currently. All of them pretty massive.

edit on 12-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join