It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

links between secret societies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ciao all;

I'm enthralled by the interwoven history of many of the existing secret societies. My question, naturally, then is - Is becoming a Freemason, and excelling in the Craft, a quarantee for invitation to other secret societies? Prospective freemason applying to Yale, even contemplating the Order of skull and bones... We must remember; however, that we must execute power, as grand as some of us - myself included - aspire to attain, with a moral conscience.

Much regards to you all.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
S n B doesn't accept applications and probably won't be interested in anyone that is openly intersted in them. They probably, and I am just guessing here, but they probably already have an idea who is getting in before they are even accepted into the school. Of course, there are other yale fraternities (pre-greek ones like s n b)

What do you see as the links between Freemasonry and the Skull and Bones fraternity?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
just curious, but what are the foundations for your comments....trying to gather as much information as possible.

Freemasonry and Illuminati, and The Order perhaps being an American chapter of Illuminati; I believe.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nygdan there,why he's is ignorant of ignorance, denies nothing, and accepts nothing.

"You cannot awake those who pretend to be asleep."

Maybe you should just join the Sculls rowing team....

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Nygdan there,why he's is ignorant of ignorance, denies nothing, and accepts nothing.

Maybe you should just join the Sculls rowing team....

Then I call you out yet again akilles.
Please supply the proof that Skull and Bones is linked to Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There are a number of secret organisations that are linked, but not by affiliation like so many believe.

It seems a constant closed mindiness that seems to think just because a person is a member of both, means both organisations are affiliated.

Like with alot of organisations there is always someone who thinks they can do better, or doesn't agree with everything, and on the odd occasion they start their own, and use there current memberships to aid in recruiting for their own.

Seldom are two organisations like Freemasonry, Illuminati or Skull & Bones affiliated in any way.

And seeing as Skull & Bones is a seculative organisation where current active members choose the 15 to replace them, and the other organsiations mentioned have age restrictions (as far as I am aware) that would negate active participation in both I do not see how anyone could link them.

As for Freemasonry and Illuminati, I can't believe people can sit and quote from the like of Jones and Icke when on both of the websites and the information they distribute it clears say members of the Illuminati infiltrated Freemasonry in Europe. See the key word INFILTRATE, that is an term used when the people being used are unaware.

A simple search on this forum alone will show you numerous threads with this same topic, and 50+ about the organisations mentioned.

And if you bothered to research, rather than just look at the first 10 sites google gives you, you would be able to answer your own questions.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't think the keyword for Icke was ever INFILTRATE.

But since everyone can instantly dismiss everything he says because a small portion of it is extremely whack, I guess I will do the same, and not actually investigate what he claims.

And I esp. like how belonging to a lot of organizations makes you 'ambitious' in the eyes of the above poster. Right, not greedy, not riding other people's coat tails, not brown nosing, or proof that who you know is a # load more important than what you know, just rich people with time on their hands, so they join some more mystical orders.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

... I guess I will... not actually investigate...

SHOCKER!

And I esp. like how belonging to a lot of organizations makes you 'ambitious' in the eyes of the above poster. Right, not greedy, not riding other people's coat tails, not brown nosing, or proof that who you know is a # load more important than what you know, just rich people with time on their hands, so they join some more mystical orders.

I have no doubt that you have NO idea what the Mysteries are all about, given what you have shown here. Do you really think anyone who does is going to give a damn what you think about why they joined? Puhlease.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Those people don't even know why they joined, why would they ask for my opinion.

Now why is it with secret societies there is always more than one version of the story? Not disinformation.... I mean, Freemasonry's founding was OBVIOUSLY in 1717, it came out of nowhere, and then there it was, in pretty much its current form.

Here is some 'speculation' on connections between the Skull and Bones:

According to one version of the Order's founding, it was an
outgrowth of an earlier British or Scottish freemasonic grouping
first established at All Soul s College at Oxford University
in the late 17th century.

Another version of the history of Skull & Bones is that it grew
out of the German "nationalistic" secret societies of the early
19th century.

Still a third explanation is that Skull & Bones is an uniquely
American institution which adopted some of the rituals of
European freemasonry, but molded these rituals and beliefs
into a new form.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nico212
just curious, but what are the foundations for your comments

SnB 'taps', literally, people for membership, its an invite only thing. I have not been invovled in these things myself.

SnB was around long before the bavarian illuminati, so I expect that there is no connection there, espcially since the bavarian illuminati didn't, so far as I know, have any yale graduates in it, let alone bonesmen.

Indirectly, some of the bavarian illuminati are supposed to have been freemasons, and I'd think it safe to assume that at leats one bonesman was also a freemason. However, I don't know if there were any bonesmen who were also freemasons while the illuminati were around, and I don't know how much of a connection there is between german masonry and the, from what I understand, more organized and distinct english/american masonry.

I'd say that that'd be a 'weak' connection anyway.

One the other hand, the illuminati were pushing an ideology not dissimilar to the Sons of Liberty in the pre-revolutionary US.

IF anyone was really interested in find a connection between SnB and the illuminati, that'd be the place to look. But I suspect strongly that there is not going to be a connection there, ie Bonesmen who were also in SoL, or SoL members who were in contact with the bavarian illuminati or even bonesmen Sol's who were communicating with the bavarian illuminati.

I would think that there must be some bonesmen who later, or even previously to snb, became freemasons.

akilles

So sayeth the son of thetis of the glistening feet.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
By that logic, some Satanists must have become Freemasons at some point, but we all know how hotly contended that issue is.

Thats belief in a supreme being, isn't it?

So do you have to believe in a Supreme Being, because that is who/what Freemasonry serves? Or am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nico212
Freemasonry and Illuminati, and The Order perhaps being an American chapter of Illuminati; I believe.

Freemasonry began in Europe loooooooooooong before the REAL Illuminati ever existed. So how can Freemasonry be an American chapter of the Illuminati? Makes no sense..

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

By that logic, some Satanists must have become Freemasons at some point, but we all know how hotly contended that issue is.

Thats belief in a supreme being, isn't it?

My, my, my. You really are a silly little boy aren't you?
Let's do some basic theology shall we?

According to the Bible, God is the Supreme Being. Satan is always secondary and always defeated by God. God is all powerful. Satan is not.
Therefore, logically, Satan can not be a Supreme Being can he?

By the way, I'm still waiting for proof yet again.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I will do the same, and not actually investigate

Not really telly us anything new there

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can any of you claim to have investigated what I did not? Because I thought by not handing it to you on a plate, you might actually look at the theories others have.

In fact, I would like to hear all your opinions about what David Icke says about secret societies, since you have all investigated more than me, as you have stated is obvious on numerous occasions.

Leveller, you would be better off with the argument that Satanists don't believe Satan exists, and that the name was chosen because it stimulates thought.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by akilles]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

In fact, I would like to hear all your opinions about what David Icke says about secret societies,

You mean about them having been formed and guided by shape-shifting reptilians from another dimension? Now, ask yourself this question: "Do I really need to ask these guys what they think of such stuff?", and see where that leads you.

Leveller, you would be better off with the argument that Satanists don't believe Satan exists, and that the name was chosen because it stimulates thought.

Technically, you are correct that Satanists (i.e., members of LaVey's group) don't believe in Satan, and they are only reacting against Christianity. But Leveller is also correct that, even if someone did believe in satan, he could not be considered the supreme being because he's subordinate to the God of the Judeo-Christians. "Supreme" means, well, supreme.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Umm, no. I said if you could do without mentioning the 5th dimensional reptiles, are you aware of his theory? His work?

You know, in finding real evidence, of real wrongdoing, by real people.

Or is mentioning his most easily dismissed theory your way of avoiding said investigation into secret societies.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Umm, no. I said if you could do without mentioning the 5th dimensional reptiles, are you aware of his theory? His work?

You know, in finding real evidence, of real wrongdoing, by real people.

Or is mentioning his most easily dismissed theory your way of avoiding said investigation into secret societies.

Define disgusting: This little troll telling Masonic Light of all people about avoiding investigation. Again, akilles -->

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The link between secret societies, modern and past, surprise surprise:

Knowledge.

So why bother with mention of which Order was destroyed when, and this one was founded in this or that date, when we are looking for information, which is neither created nor destroyed (by these societies).

Obviously one thing secret societies over the centuries have had in common was their interest in remaining secret, and the fact is, much of what is known is only known because we have been allowed to discover it (for eg. that the Knights Templar worshipped Baphomet supposedly).

Another commonality has always been between secret societies and the Elite. The Knights Templar were given special privilege by the Elite, and gave out titles in return for people's inheritance.

The Elite (Royals of the late Dark Ages, and and all other Monarchs ever) had long wanted absolute trust in their minions, and found one of the best ways was to do so was to trust minions with 'secret knowledge' which the rest of society did not have access to, and to tell them that the point of the Order was to improve the individual's life, make him a better, richer person, that they were not serving someone else when they clearly were!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Another commonality has always been between secret societies and the Elite. The Knights Templar were given special privilege by the Elite, and gave out titles in return for people's inheritance.

The Knights Templar were just that. Knights. They were warrior monks, who got their start by asking for a charter from the Church, with the charge of protecting Christian pilgrims traveling to Jerusalem. The road in those days was perilous and Muslim raiders would often pounce on caravans of Christian travelers, and of course vice-versa. So the Templars started as protectors, and as they grew, developed into a well organized, well trained military force, who answered directly to the Pope. Contrary to what our dear Mr. akilles claims, the Knights had no real special priveledges (In fact they were avowed to poverty and chastity), and the "elite", while being nice to their faces alot of times resented them, because they were under the rule of no king. The Pope alone had control of the Templars, and as such, over time, had control of the entire Christian world. After the Crusades the Templars went bac to protecting pilgrims, and one way they would do that is to safeguard their money while the traveled. The travelers could deposit their gold and jewels and what have you at one Templar castle, recieve a note, and redeem gold or whatever of equal value at the castle closest to their destination. In this way, the Templars became the world's first bankers, and as an Order, amassed a great amount of wealth. Between plunder from the crusades and interest and tribute from the pilgrims they protected, and payment for military services from the various kings of the day, they became more wealthy than many of the kingdoms themselves. So in the end, Philip the Fair of France set them up with the help of a Pope that he had installed and who was in his pocket, and the rest, as they say, is history. It is interesting to not that as the last Grand Master, Jaque DeMolay, was burning at the stake, he called upon God to curse the King and the Pope to meet him in death. Within a year, both men were dead.

There is a really good book about the Knights Templar and their role in the Crusades by John Robinson called "Dungeon, Fire, and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades". It is a great book and I hightly recommend it. Quite an engaging read, keeps you interested kind of like a novel, but with plenty of historical fact.

[edit on 2/13/05 by The Axeman]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join