It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

espn monday night football female announcer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Back on topic , wasnt a half-bad game announcer. As far as the gravely voice , though it suits college football better. The great one Larry Munson broadcast Georgia games for a long time.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Don't care about sports, how boring.
Though I do know more about football and it's history than any of you, and I can throw and catch and run better than any of you. Oh you think I'd be easy to tackle?

Than let's do this, none of that touch stuff, it's full tackle street ball on the asphalt.
None of that game off crap when cars come. We play it through.

Who's Walter Peyton now?
That's right, none of you wanna play with the big dogs.

Anyways...like I said it's boring.
You're boring.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You should have me call the game, srsly.
I'll have you peein yourself laughing.

Well, at the least - I'll pee myself laughing.
edit on 9/12/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Don't worry, I've been delusional all night.
Been saying some really messed up stuff.

You're going to email ESPN right now and vote me as guest announcer right?
I'll be ready next week - just have them text me a link to my plane ticket info.

I'll do the game justice.
It won't be boring anymore.

I'm like Cris Collinsworth mixed with Boomer Esiason, with a touch of Al Michaels, a dash of Madden, and a sprinkle of Steve Young. Oh, and a lil bit like Jimmy Johnson during certain inflections.

How could that bore anyone?
It'd be the greatest announce ever.
Ok, I am boring, nevermind. Just had that moment of self-awareness.
Yikes... *slowly walking away from keyboard*

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What is so special that only a dude could broadcast it?,the lady is in probably better shape then a majority of their viewers,I think we are past the 6th grade,and don't have to pretend they don't like girls

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Tempter
I have to say that she does know her stuff, but I don't like listening to her voice. It sounds grating.

Lol.

Now you know how countless women have felt about listening to the visceral gesticulations of testosterone in action.

I'm not specifically accusing you of sexism or anything like that but, when you refer to all the people who agree, don't you think some of them aren't just angry that a woman is narrating their man-cave time?

The visc the gest the test the what?! I didn't even know Monday Night Football was still a thing and now here I am having to learn words I've never seen before.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don't even watch football anymore. Same old stuff. They need to excite up the game somewhat, I mean one could sleep thru most games., and that's being in the stadium. A 53 man roster consisting of some that if not for football would be on a Jenny Craig program, and some that need a damn sandwich. While there's a % of them that can't even read on the 8th grade level. But hey, we spend our hard earned money so that these college educated illiterates can make bank, so some need to come to grips and live with the sucky female announcer.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah , Im hoping for less than a year though. As I went back and edited my post , I now know the true meaning of the term UFO. I was able to identify at least one fork and a pie pan , though...

Hey man! Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

You are on the right track. Keep going.

At least she is in the kitchen. Kudos!

Lol

P

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why is this news... it's not like it's the 50's anymore

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sexist remarks aside....I thought about this for a while last night while watching the game (which was a pretty good game actually). Here is what I concluded:

1. I guess I don't really have a problem with a female announcer for football games, BUT...I had a huge problem with Mowins as that announcer! Here's why...

- First, because as a former radio announcer myself, her mic was 'potted' down way too low and she was talking too loud. That, or she has a bad mic presense (not speaking directly into it or something). She could barely be heard over the crowd and the signal calls. Modern noise cancelling mics like those used for NFL broadcasts will pick up more background noise if you holler into them. Move the mic closer and talk more normally for a much better, less noisy, sound. It's counter-intuitive, but an announcer at her level should know this and would have corrected it while still announcing high school games.

- Second, even IF I would have been able to hear her broadcast more clearly, her voice was awful to listen to. It sounded like nails down a chalkboard to me, so louder and more clear would have been irritating beyond description (probably would have had to turn the audio off altogether then).

- Third, she would have been much more pleasant to listen to IF she hadn't tried so hard to sound like a GUY!! It was like listening to a 3 hour long impersonation of Jim Brockmire (...and it would have been a great impersonation too!). It was like listening to a comedian impersonate someone, I was just waiting for the SNL punchline the whole time. But it wasn't funny. She reminded me of a baseball announcer announcing football...and that doesn't work.

All in all, I thought it was horrible, and ultimately turned the sound down to just barely audible because it was so irritating.

I can think of no less than (10) other female broadcasters who could have done a far better job than Mowins did...and frankly, maybe that shtick plays better in the NCAA, but I hope they don't have her doing NFL anymore. It's a different game.

ETA...And for the record, I guess ESPN wanted to commit broadcast suicide last night because Rex Ryan is a total DOLT as well. He was worse than she was...and that was pretty hard to do! He's awful, and needs the boot BIG-TIME! Just because you played the game doesn't mean you can announce the game! Get these former players and coaches out of the box!

edit on 9/12/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's news because it's the first time it's been done in the history of the NFL.

That's why.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Some women have voices you want to listen to and others don't.

Even some men are like that.

Think about the people whose voices you here narrating documentaries and commercials. Odds are that you recognize them because there aren't many.

Mike Rowe is one who does a lot of that kind of voice work.

In video games, there is a thriving sub-culture of voice actors/actresses, and you play enough, you can guess who they are from game to game. Some are really good at it and others just make you want to hit yourself repeatedly over the head with a baseball bat.

Maybe, she just doesn't have the kind of voice that's needed to be someone people want to actually listen to.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
She'a sounda likea man. Plenty of women doing football and they do it well. Suzie, Michelle Taforya, etc. This one is trying to emulate a male announcer and it's annoying as hell. I turned it off.

ETA: I hate Collingsworth too. I'd throat punch him if I could. You want to do it right? Do it like Chucky. He's the best right now.
edit on 12-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It was like she was trying really hard to sound like Brockmire!

Her inflections were identical.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

You're lucky the game got called at all, I'm surprised Rex didn't ogle her feet the entire time since he has a foot fetish.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He needs to stick with feet!

He's got the personality of a turnip, and the announcing ability of a shrubbery.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He's got the personality of a turnip, and the announcing ability of a shrubbery.

Yeah but he appeals to those who say "Ni".

edit on 12-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Isn't it "Neep"?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Isn't it "Neep"?

Ni....er, nope.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I wish he'd go back to the Jets and make them suck even more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join