It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is not a computer simulation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
de lete from sim.objects where id = 'GlobalViewer'
edit on 9/13/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ah but when you couple such a sophisticated idiot with savant like mathematical powers and an artificial intelligence capable of designing its own code, and improving with each new iteration. You have a system of intelligence possibly capable of learning at an exponential rate add Von Neumann machine type self-replication abilities and never mind the sky, the stars would be the limit. Next step is godhood really.

edit on 13-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've heard that quantum reality is discontinuous ie: that it's refreshed and rebooted moment to moment, while the zero point field or Akashic field stores everything as memory. That sounds rather computer like to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Maybe reality only exists if there is someone or something left around to observe it?

That may seem rather arrogant to assume the universe and everything in it is there to accommodate us(life) but not if the simulation is designed to facilitate consciousness.

Keeping in mind we are only just beginning to understand what constitutes life on our own world. For all we know the universe is populated by billions of Boltzmann brains, which we may even be ourselves but just don't know it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes. It comes down to a subject/object duality, not unlike Rene Descartes premise in staring at an apple, or any object (the apple got a bad rap). What he deduced, is the very same thing that many modern quantum physicists have deduced and that is that it all arises in consciousness whereby consciousness, not matter is primary.

The only "problem" with this, is that it raises the notion of a ubermind which must also hold the object in it's consciousness to even be available to our five sense in the first place.

It's like a Russian-doll, self-referencial, nested hierarchy of consciousness (without dolls all the way up).

The proof or evidence of this could involve a proof that the universe is non-local and holographic in the domain of the radiant light of the zero point field or akashic field, and that indeed there's a trail and a record of everything that has ever happened in spacetime, and which is still happening and unfolding.

When we add to this conceptual framework, however dizzy it might make us to try to conceive in our limited minds and imagination, the concept of a universe that at the most fundamental level is evolving backwards from an end state of absolute perfection beginning as always with the end in mind so to speak, or is in fact, the manifestation of an intelligently selected limitation or subtraction from the absolute formless potential out of which and into which everything that arises or emerges has ever emerged (and not as a mere random and capricious addition from nothing) - then lo and behold are we not like a chip off the old old block and/or the newest kid on the block, at the very leading edge of a near-endless cosmic evolutionary history or even an eternal recurrence which preceded the.. very foundation of the Earth, like an already always state (one with the Father?).

Trippy and frightening stuff. Frightening in so far as it's not every day that a person suddenly finds themselves and their mind and heart in the hands and the mind and heart of the living God!

No wonder people twist away in favor of ignorance..

Deny ignorance! Embrace that you're embraced by a loving and knowing God, even if God's true thoughts are as far above ours as the stars are above the Earth!

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 13-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
From this Thread , I Started to really Think ,

And go into Depth, of Why this Universe Could be a Simulated Universe
other then a Real Universe.

The Odds, The Ratios of Events from Happenings
and things From : Objects , Locations, Cycles,
that are so Synchronized even down to the Smallest Scale
and the Split Second Timing that is just so just right ,
just too avoid or bring foreword, Like escaping Death ,
or Embracing Life or Just Bringing together
... Subconsciously, or Premonition too it
Having Those Vibes, the Feelings , from holding you back or Moving yourself Forward ..

and

What I MEAN is

Coincidence / Synchronicity and FATE

While doing some Research of what i thought ,

I came across this Video , that Somewhat Explains that very thought ,

www.youtube.com...

COINCIDENCE proves we live in a Simulated Reality

at the 11:46 Min Mark

it Show's Neil Degrasser Tyson trying to Explain too some Show Host
that we may live in a Simulated universe .

Real Interesting , from what i see

So Watch the Video , Let Me know what you think...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Well, in point of fact, the entire universe is a quantum computer simply by virtue of the fact that it can be quantized, and the state of every object can be decomposed into various collections of quantum states.

As to whether the universe is actually a computer simulation in the sense that some higher power created it to simulate something is unknown and likely beyond the purview of science, although not necessarily beyond scientific interest.

I think the whole "universe as simulation" argument is most compelling when the wave function is treated as what happens inside the black box of a remote server that is never physically coupled to our reality, as it cannot be observed without collapsing the wave function (ie forcing quantum probability distributions to manifest as a singular reality).

And it makes even more sense if the points on the wave function NOT manifested in our reality are manifested in other realities (ie many worlds).

So, in this proposed architecture, the quantum world exists on remote servers, and the classic physics we see all around us is what it looks like once it reaches the servers we exist on.
i feel bad for the beings who have to maintain the universe.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There is more we do not know than ever will.
It's like me saying there is a galaxy made entirely from and populated with Unicorns because reasons.

Now prove me wrong.

I am all for discussing things outside of the box, or based on educated guessing.
But I really dislike the (currently) unable to be proven being stated as if it is fact.
It's just an odd quirk of mine

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Coincidence proves nothing. People attribute meaning to ALL their life experiences. What a coincidence means is purely a subjective choice. You post just confirms people choose to believe exactly what they want to believe regardless of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Ignoring the evidence with regard to the wave nature of reality doesn't make it go away. If you prefer a certain dogma then just go on believing what you want. But the evidence doses not support your superstitious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Lacking the ability to speak in complete sentences is not adding to your arguments. If you think the Universe is a computer simulation what is your evidence?

I have stated the evidence present by the study of quantum mechanics and the wave nature of the fabric of reality is proof the Universe is not a computer simulation. A computer simulation has certain properties. The Universe does not have those properties.

But go ahead and prove the Universe is a computer simulation. What is your evidence? Or is everything you say just imaginary BS? I think you are a low quality thinker. You are not giving your posts anywhere near the amount of time I spend on the OP. Maybe you could spend some time learning about the limitations of physical measurements before you start mouthing off your opinions as facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
All IS illusory,nothing is real,there is no self....till you step in front of a BUS

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Coincidence proves nothing. People attribute meaning to ALL their life experiences. What a coincidence means is purely a subjective choice. You post just confirms people choose to believe exactly what they want to believe regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Only too you it Proves Nothing ,

Coincidence Proves a lot of things, and ill Stick too it ,

you know what Reality is ?

is when something you THINK you Dont Believe in , Never goes away ,

and that not a choice.

In this World . the Evidence you seek , you wont see it until an advancement and time
collides.

Apparently you have not seen the Last Video i Posted , nor you ever will , you refuse too ,

Science and Scientist had played this Game of how the this World and Universe Ticks

Spent billions upon Billions , Searching for an Answer.. and things they cant comprehend
until technology catches up , like it or Not Everything is coded , more complex then others ..

So Stay in the Box . while im outside it . Usually some Scientists will Stop within a Boundary
when it about to Break or meddle their Superstitious Beliefs aka Religion..

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
You are because I am.

I think , therefore you are.
From my High School Term paper in philosophy

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I think not.

Now what?

*poof*

edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What he means are synchronicities and while I agree the universe is no simulation, I strongly disagree it's all just chance.

I had a weird string of synchronicities which involved things and people appearing on cue. Perfect timing like that can't be just selective attention. But that's than a consciousness question.
I believe that the rules for inanimated and living matter are different and what we so far failed to look at freshly is how we act as colonial organism.
In a way this simulation theory is just the first impression of looking at a bigger picture with new glasses for the first time. In a few years it will be cute, like aether etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Let me now try it for real....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Ignoring the evidence with regard to the wave nature of reality doesn't make it go away. If you prefer a certain dogma then just go on believing what you want. But the evidence doses not support your superstitious beliefs.

Ignoring evidence ?

what evidence , are you asking here

ok .. what nature of Reality ? a Simulated Reality ?

The First Mathematician / Programmer Konrad Zuse

Apparently you no nothing of Cellular Automation
not about Zuse Work : His book Calculating Space
which got a lot of Attention with Other Scientist and Students

There is No Evidence to PROVE Nor DISPROVE ANYTHING.
that we are living in a Simulated Universe,
the thought of it is from the Past 50+ years
its all Hypothesis and Theory with a twist of Conjecture ,

Your Seeking Evidence , yet Science is Still Working on it
with Their Big Toys , LHC (( CERN )) and a lot of Strange Spooky Stuff
had been Documented , when its in USE ..

and your Right your wasting your time trying to convince Me

We Dont live in a Computer Simulated universe
with your Logic of Ones and Zeros based on your Earths Formulas + Equations
and Time measurement Scales of Earth.. and that were your all Wrong

Too Bad Carl Sagan isn't Around , I Wonder what he would Say ,

but what I do know is that he Believes Layered inter dimensions.
therefor another Universe,

to Paraphrase : Carl Sagan, we'll need some extraordinary, monumental evidence to really believe it. And I would say we don't have anywhere near that evidence today.

Carl Sagan: If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

LOL Sorry Im Agnostic although not Atheist , i have No Hold Beliefs in Religion

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Lacking the ability to speak in complete sentences is not adding to your arguments. If you think the Universe is a computer simulation what is your evidence?

I have stated the evidence present by the study of quantum mechanics and the wave nature of the fabric of reality is proof the Universe is not a computer simulation. A computer simulation has certain properties. The Universe does not have those properties.

But go ahead and prove the Universe is a computer simulation. What is your evidence? Or is everything you say just imaginary BS? I think you are a low quality thinker. You are not giving your posts anywhere near the amount of time I spend on the OP. Maybe you could spend some time learning about the limitations of physical measurements before you start mouthing off your opinions as facts.

Seams Im pissing you off , LOL nice ..

must hit some nerve ,

I Usually Speak in Riddles that are Simplified ,
if your referring my Grammar, Im not a Grammar King,
nor will i ever want to be , Keeps me at BAY of whom I Am

hmm Quantum mechanics nice , yeah well, love Quantum Entanglement though! ,

you know, two Particles of the Same, that can be Light years + apart
and would Interact with Each other at the same Moment as One acts
the other Reacts . Distance means NOTHING , I would say thats a good Argument ,

Some Scientist based that as evidence we live in a Simulation

but what simulation ? Computer Simulation of what type ?

BIO living Computer Simulation or
Mechanical , Silicon Based ?
Which One ?

right a Computer Simulation has certain Properties
only from the Programmer and Designer
and then again your thinking Earthen Human Bound
physics, but in your defense, thats all us Humans can go by.

Well Usually my Posts are on the Fly ! you know what, that means ?

probably it why , it looks the way it does ,

must of been all the time on the M.I.R.C. Channels

Maybe you could spend some time learning about the limitations of physical measurements before you start mouthing off your opinions as facts.

I Did Spent some time , well long ago ,
then again , your thinking of measurements with in this Realm Dimension

Where did i say its a fact other then what is Known as Fact , pin point that for me.

Here you are Making a Thread The Universe isn't a Computer Simulation.
With the ONLY Laws of Computer PHYSICS
of What The Human Race ONLY Knows from this Planet Called Earth a CIV- Type 0
Where Man has not even gone too another Planet yet ,
and haven't figured out the Big Bang Theory, and the Double Slit Experiment and only guess Work
of Only by Observing was the Conclusion from being a Wave or Matter

seem like your not Open Minded Much , and your self blocked with Limitations

how about Amusing yourself and proving that It is a Hologram Simulation
and see your results . or you can Argue with the Big TOP Scientist & Engineers
that think this Universe MAY be a Hologram / Computer / Simulated universe

ohh Here

for my Amusement

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join