It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Universe is not a computer simulation

page: 11
44
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Getting into alignment with our true purpose, might very well carry with it an urgent imperative so as to avoid such a fate, as a high civilization appears to have done about 11,600 years ago, when according to Plato's history, handed down from his ancestors, one of whom visited ancient Egypt, such a destruction came upon such a civilization because of it's own hubris and materialism, after a golden age of mutual well being and enlightenment shared by the whole of society.

In other words, ELE's are not random events, and neither was the formation of the Earth and our solar system or the evolution of the human being.

Find God might very well save us from ourselves and our worst nature.

imho, the cynical view of humanity isn't reasonable, or helpful in the same way that a pure materialist view is ruining the world.

We've got to discern and then get with the program.


edit on 24-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Your correct we do indeed need to discern and then get with the program. Thing is through the program or plan in store for the majority of the Human race seems to resemble an Orwellian nightmare, a technocracy controlled by 1% of the population where the rest of the 99% are nothing more than cattle or genetic breeding stock, there to serve the needs of the chosen few.

It's the program that also requires modification, the paradigm we have followed throughout recorded history only serves the needs of the few whilst pretty much disregarding the needs of the rest. Too many have-nots and far too few haves for my liking, need to change the distribution of wealth and power if we ever wish to unite as a species and address some of the larger problems we face as a race.


edit on 26-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Found this. Well worth watching..


What I got out of it, is that at some fundamental level, "we" our truly conscious self is creating our own reality, from a causality loop from both the future and the past, and that's trippy.

If we then consider the everything that is is everything, and nothing less, it's possible that we may eventually undergo a radical paradigm shift in our conception of reality and our own place within it.

Some would think of this as being so solipsistic, but modern science reveals that our own confirmation bias places unnecessary constraints on our own understanding.

In other words that it's arrogant and presumptuous to presuppose anything less based on a purely materialist monist worldview and paradigm whereby consciousness is nothing but an epiphenomenon of matter.

This view is born out of fear of some sort of religious conception involving an unnecessary external anthropomorphized project of a God-set-apart, when what we think of as God and the self are intimately and inextricably interwoven and unfolding and enfolded as our always already state ie: as if we've already been created in God's image, beginning as always with the end in mind.

We are made to be coinheritors and cocreators with God in an intimate, participatory partnership which will never seek to usurp the creator, lest we cut off our own nose to spite our face.

I'm going to watch that again and think on this some more. They're definitely onto something..


edit on 27-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

originally posted by: andy06shake


It's the program that also requires modification, the paradigm we have followed throughout recorded history only serves the needs of the few whilst pretty much disregarding the needs of the rest. Too many have-nots and far too few haves for my liking, need to change the distribution of wealth and power if we ever wish to unite as a species and address some of the larger problems we face as a race.


Write a new story and a better ending and new beginning. I dare you.


edit on 27-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

There may be no real beginning or end, reality and space-time may not be as linear as it seems. 🤗



posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Thing is through the program or plan in store for the majority of the Human race seems to resemble an Orwellian nightmare, a technocracy controlled by 1% of the population where the rest of the 99% are nothing more than cattle or genetic breeding stock, there to serve the needs of the chosen few.

Yeah... but that's the way people like it. Sociological studies continue to confirm that human beings are still very "tribal" when it comes to group activities, and when a group is presented with a problem the majority of people tend to hang back until some individual comes forward to take command and tell people what to do. Which makes sense. If a lot of people are trying to get out of a burning building, you don't need 80 percent of those people jumping up, taking command and shouting orders. That would just be chaos.

As for chaos, it might be a good thing to keep in mind that a computer simulation on a scale big enough to emulate the perceived universe is going to have all kinds of inherently chaotic aspects to it. It will not run like perfect clockwork, especially on some of the lower levels. I saw a good documentary on this the other day. The discoveries of Turing and Mandelbrot pretty much guarantee that even a simple program with no hidden variables will accumulate "errors" very quickly through a feedback loop, no matter what.

So this reality could very well be a simulation. A buggy, chaotic, out-of-control simulation desperately in need of a major update.



posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

There may be no real beginning or end, reality and space-time may not be as linear as it seems. 🤗


You misunderstood. Life itself is story, and we're all interconnected.

Who among us is prepared to take a stand on behalf of us all, where the greatest among us is the servant of all.

The Jesus-centric contextual frame of reference is formative and functional.

It's only the fool who says in his heart "there is no God".



posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I will entertain the notion of a creator but not one that requires attendance or worship as it pretty much negates the implication of omnipotence and/or predestination.

If there is a god the very Manmade notion of organized religious practice makes a mockery of the ideology really.

As to us all being interconnected, well if our brains do indeed turn out to be a form of quantum computer or conected to the quantum realm then that may indeed be proven to be the case.


edit on 4-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Your mockery means nothing. Not my fault you can't understand English.
edit on 14/10/17 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
44
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join