It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Humans Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Thanks ok so, no real evidence yet, other than cave paintings of humans with dinosaurs.

I think Lucy was found to be a hoax some odd years ago.
edit on 12-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

With your own reasoning, you admit birds evolved from dinosaurs. You say the dinosaurs were extinct millions of years ago.

How did dinosaurs evolve into birds? Well, obviously, some had to still be around after the extinction level event, in order for said evolution to take place. That being the case, is a very logical assumption that there were large lizards/dinosaurs and possibly dinosaurs in mid evolutionary change to birds that would've overlapped with early humans.

When you talk these questions out, the answers become very clear and present themselves very easily.
edit on 12-9-2017 by dothedew because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Josh,

Im not a creationist digger. Neither did i say megaladons do not exist! Theres massive teeth confirming their existance.

Re-read my post/s dude.

I dont think anyone alive have seen a 50ft shark?!?! Have you?

You do know intrptr is the creationist? And im not?

Its 12am in Oz, been drinking since 7pm, you drunker than me???

Coomba98

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: Noinden

With your own reasoning, you admit birds evolved from dinosaurs. You say the dinosaurs were extinct millions of years ago.

How did dinosaurs evolve into birds? Well, obviously, some had to still be around after the extinction level event, in order for said evolution to take place. That being the case, is a very logical assumption that there were large lizards/dinosaurs and possibly dinosaurs in mid evolutionary change to birds that would've overlapped with early humans.

When you talk these questions out, the answers become very clear and present themselves very easily.

There are no non-avian dinosaurs found in the same strata as hominids. There are no dating techniques that place them even remotely in the same era.

By the way, the extinction level event didn't happen overnight. It lasted a few hundred thousand years.
edit on 12-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Lucy wasn't found to be a hoax...

That was piltdown man..

And one hoax by one guy does not a vast conspiracy to discredit the Bible make..

Your the one makeong claims with zero evidence..

You point to a very specific topic that isn't explained well as proof the entire institution of science is in a vast conspiracy to lie..

Or you point at totally bogus points that wouldn't fool a toddler who actually researched it..

There is no evidence for a "young earth".. y'all just point to a cloudy spot in the fossil record as proof everyone is lying..

Before you buy a conspiracy theory you should ask yourself 2 things..

1) can I think of a cheaper, easier and less risky way to achieve the same proposed goal??

Because if you can, an illuminati think tank should be able to as well.

2) what are the logistical requirements to perpetrate the conspiracy??

If your conspiracy require paying off every person who graduates with a degree in science.. it's not logistically realistic.. at all..

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Whoa, easy there buddy. I wasn't cock fighting with you I was making a personal observation, geez.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Actually I saw a "new" theory that claims the opposite..

Basiclly in a nut shell..

The Dino killer meteor would have vaporized millions of tons of rock and debris..

That debris is shot into orbit and then rains back down on the planet creating the coolest meteor shower in history..

Well appearently the friction from that debris falling would have super heated the entire earths atmosphere it 1200 degrees and EVERYTHING that wasn't at least 18 inches under ground or 50ft below the ocean surface dies instantly..

That leaves the only survivors being small burrowing creatures. Which became birds and mammals.

Appearently every Dino found before the KT boundary is a super small burrowing animal.

edit on 12-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Who made it personal lol??

Is that a bad attempt at a deflection?? Or what?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

My bet would be, a little too much arrogance on your part.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian

The first guy is holding a kabar? Is the last one a recreation of actual art, or is that a stylized rendering of the theory?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Nice artwork. Deviant art.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
Common in numerous mythologies are tales of serpent/dragon monsters who are often hostile to human beings , In many cultures Mythical gods and Heroes would normally go on dangerous expeditions to slay these monstrous creatures. Could these myths be based on earlier tales of Archiac humans who Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

One interesting thing I noticed was how every ancient culture around the world talked about how their gods battled these reptilian like creatures except for the Sumerians who portrayed their monsters as giant feathered birds with claws and teeth like a lion.

Of course we 'co-existed'. They ate humans and humans ate them.

At first didn't make sense until I realized that many Theropod dinosaurs like Velocorapters also had feathers.

It’s believed by anthologists that some Theropods still survived after extinction event where they evolved into Phorusrhacidae ("Terror birds") that survived into the stone age.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Noted: Didn't provide an alternative to source of "megladon" teeth... you kind of have to do that to claim my ignorance.

But I do know. They're sharks teeth. Real giant sharks teeth. The only specimens those fit today is a shark.

Now, prove_me_wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Actually I saw a "new" theory that claims the opposite..

Basiclly in a nut shell..

The Dino killer meteor would have vaporized millions of tons of rock and debris..

That debris is shot into orbit and then rains back down on the planet creating the coolest meteor shower in history..

Well appearently the friction from that debris falling would have super heated the entire earths atmosphere it 1200 degrees and EVERYTHING that wasn't at least 18 inches under ground or 50ft below the ocean surface dies instantly..

That leaves the only survivors being small burrowing creatures. Which became birds and mammals.

Appearently every Dino found before the KT boundary is a super small burrowing animal.

Interesting. I'd like to read more about this. Can you share a link?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: ancienthistorian

NO. No they did not. Until concrete proof, not cirumstantial shows up. The answer is an emphatic No.

Not even a maybe?

I know none of us were there, so none of us can prove it either way, how can you say no, so definitively? You made the "factual" claim so the onus is on you to prove your statement, I doubt that you will return to explain how you know for a fact that dinosaurs and humans did not co-exist.

Personally, I think it is very probable.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Science cannot prove, ever, that dinosaurs and humans did not co-exist. However, at present, it provides zero evidence that they did, and no reason to believe they did.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I prob misunderstood my bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Idk.. if your sure they became exinct millions of years before the other because a species...

That sounds like proof to me lol..

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I understand the period lasted for quite some time, i'm not arguing that. What I'm arguing, is that we barely know 10% of what was alive then, and how long they remained alive for.

The links i provide below, show that only approximately 3,000 (mostly complete) fossil specimens have been recovered to date. Also, that there could be around 1,844 different "genera" of dinosaurs. Thats different types, basically, and not the total number. We have underground cave systems that go for thousands of miles, caverns, etc, many many places these big overgrown lizard bastards could've remained for quite some time, areas they could've stayed until killed by volcanic activity, etc. There is infinitely more that we DON'T know, than what we DO know.

I also show links that early humanoid fossils were recently found that date actual human existence over 100,000 years earlier than we previously thought. Not only that, but the earliest non-ape ancestor has recently been found in Greece, pushing that date further back as well, to 7.2 million years.

I have also linked a site showing some findings from what appears to be a "young earth" website.... DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT a creationist, nor a "young earther", I added the links to do two things - show another perspective, oddly enough, having some scientific basis; and to illustrate that the science we have and the "established" facts that we go by, are not as concrete as we subconsciously believe.

The deal is, we have ancient civilizations making drawings and descriptions of animals that they should know NOTHING about. We have stories and epics about strange, fantastic beasts that were rare and deadly (possibility of a nearly extinct species?) We have fossils of humans being found that are constantly revamping our history, dinosaur and animal fossils that illustrate issues with our dating tech, and writings that depict events happening with animals/beasts that should've long been extinct.

Given what is available, I'm very comfortable in believing that what we currently "know" is questionable at best..... Hell, we have discovered ancient batteries developed by ancient civilizations (such as the Egyptians) which they used to illuminate the pyramid interiors (backed up by complete lack of carbon or any sort of fire evidence inside the pyramids) that we've known about for years, with no credit given, or acknowledgement in any textbook that electricity was used before Tesla or Edison.

www.ancient-origins.net...

blog.drwile.com...

www.slate.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.nature.com...

www.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Possible, but rather unlikely. But then I'm one of those nuts who has seen Bigfoot... Though the timescale is rather different, by many millions of years.

I suppose it's feasible that some form of "living fossil" population lived on--unlikely, but meh on unlikely--to historical times. No real evidence of it, but the legends/stories have to have some source, we just don't know what the source is, in most cases.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join