It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Humans Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Dude, I know I just responded to like 4 or 5 posts of these paradigm loving, truth hating freaks, but really we would be better off ignoring them.

In answer to the OP, Yes, anecdotal evidence points to a great likelihood that what we currently refer to as dinosaurs have in the past been alive alongside humans and were called and referred to as dragons, behemoths, kraken, leviathans, etc...

Jaden

(post by Masterjaden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Phantom423

Oh please, do tell what dating method is used on "65 million year old" rocks? Is it the strata that it's in? or the fossils that are found within the rock...lol...

It sure as hell isn't potassium argon or any other radiological dating method. None are capable of going back far enough...Interesting how the dating isn't falsifiable...lol...

Jaden

You're obviously about 25 years behind the modern science of fossil dating. That's okay. But I doubt that you have the capability of learning - we'll see.

The mathematical basis for the US-ESR dating method
Author links open overlay panelQingfengShaoaJohnChadambRainerGrüncChristopheFalguèresdJean-MichelDoloeJean-JacquesBahaind

Highlights

The paper describes the mathematical basis of the US-ESR dating model.

Formulae are given for modeling U-uptake and accumulation dose in sample.

An example is used to demonstrate the US-ESR age determination.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StephenLeClaire
a reply to: Noinden

Oh my wow..... Somebody fooled you. You need to go back and learn the truth about radiocarbon dating before our little sidebar goes any further. I understand half lives just fine. Radiocarbon dating, it is WIDELY known has always proven wildly inaccurate no matter what the rest material had been, whether organic or otherwise.

You are far to misinformed about that for me to take anything you have to say seriously. Good day to you.

Then perhaps you would care to explain how 14c dating has been calibrated against dendrochronology and shown to be highly accurate within the known margin of error? You can't just say "it's wrong and bunk". You actually have to provide evidence that you've pisition has some validity. You've done naught but protest. If you don't understand how the science works, you're not really in a position to claim it's invalid. Sorry, but pure the one who is wildly misinformed here. Standard 14c dating is accurate to ~50 KA. 14c dating with scanning electron microscopy is accurate to ~100 KA because you can literally count each individual 14c atom w SEM. Please show some citations that you feel support your position. I'd love to see what you think is a valid citation!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Oh please, do tell what dating method is used on "65 million year old" rocks? Is it the strata that it's in? or the fossils that are found within the rock...lol...

It sure as hell isn't potassium argon or any other radiological dating method. None are capable of going back far enough...Interesting how the dating isn't falsifiable...lol...

Jaden

I don't particularly want to rain on your parade, on the other hand - --- I really don't give a crap.

Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) Dating in Archaeology

Renaud Joannes-Boyau

Introduction
Electron spin resonance (ESR) has been used for absolute dating of archaeological materials such as quartz, flints, carbonate crystals, and fossil remains for nearly 50 years. The technique is based on the fact that certain crystal behaves as natural dosimeters. This means that electrons and holes are accumulated over time in the crystal lattice induced by surrounding radiation. The age is obtained by calculating the dose received compared to the dose rate generated by the surrounding environment, mainly radioisotopes K, U, and Th. The dating range is dependent on the nature and state of conservation of the sample and the surrounding environment but is between a few thousands and a couple of million years. Since, ESR dating is best and most commonly applied to tooth enamel in archaeology, this paper predominantly focuses on its direct application to fossil remains.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden
Ahh padawan. You can't understand science so you embrace pseudoscience. That's what happens when kids are raised thinking Scientology is scientific

I'm sad for you kid.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You get anecdotal evidence is not acceptable evidence right? Or are you that divorced from how things work Youngling?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Another one for you to ponder - please don't waste your precious intellectual energy - you might need a pill.

ESR, U-series and paleomagnetic dating of Gigantopithecus fauna from Chuifeng Cave, Guangxi, southern China
Author links open overlay panelQingfengShaoaWeiWangbChenglongDengcPierreVoinchetdMinLineAntoineZazzofEricDouvillegJean-MichelDolohChristopheFalguèresdJean-JacquesBahaind

Abstract
Several Gigantopithecus faunas associated with taxonomically undetermined hominoid fossils and/or stone artifacts are known from southern China. These faunas are particularly important for the study of the evolution of humans and other mammals in Asia. However, the geochronology of the Gigantopithecus faunas remains uncertain. In order to solve this problem, a program of geochronological studies of Gigantopithecus faunas in Guangxi Province was recently initiated. Chuifeng Cave is the first studied site, which yielded 92 Gigantopithecus blacki teeth associated with numerous other mammalian fossils. We carried out combined ESR/U-series dating of fossil teeth and sediment paleomagnetic studies. Our ESR results suggest that the lower layers at this cave can be dated to 1.92 ± 0.14 Ma and the upper layers can be dated to older than 1.38 ± 0.17 Ma. Correlation of the recognized magnetozones to the geomagnetic polarity timescale was achieved by combining magnetostratigraphic, biostratigraphic and ESR data. The combined chronologies establish an Olduvai subchron (1.945–1.778 Ma) for the lowermost Chuifeng Cave sediments. We also analyzed the enamel δ13C values of the Gigantopithecus faunas. Our results show that southern China was dominated by C3 plants during the early Pleistocene and that the Gigantopithecus faunas lived in a woodland-forest ecosystem.
Keywords

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

OMG - here's another one! You can run, but you can't hide. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

The oldest human fossil in Europe, from Orce (Spain)
Author links open overlay panelIsidroToro-MoyanoaBienvenidoMartínez-NavarrobJordiAgustíbCarolineSoudaycdJosé MaríaBermúdez de CastroeMaríaMartinón-TorreseBeatrizFajardofgMathieuDuvaldeChristopheFalguèresdOriolOmshJosep MariaParésePereAnadóniRamónJuliàiJosé ManuelGarcía-AguilarjAnne-MarieMoignedkMaría PatrocinioEspigareslSergioRos-MontoyalPaulPalmqvistm

Abstract
The Orce region has one of the best late Pliocene and early Pleistocene continental paleobiological records of Europe. It is situated in the northeastern sector of the intramontane Guadix-Baza Basin (Granada, Andalusia, southern Spain). Here we describe a new fossil hominin tooth from the site of Barranco León, dated between 1.02 and 1.73 Ma (millions of years ago) by Electron Spin Resonance (ESR), which, in combination with paleomagnetic and biochronologic data, is estimated to be close to 1.4 Ma. While the range of dates obtained from these various methods overlaps with those published for the Sima del Elefante hominin locality (1.2 Ma), the overwhelming majority of evidence points to an older age. Thus, at the moment, the Barranco León hominin is the oldest from Western Europe.

Keywords

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Actually, they don't agree on them originating in Africa any more....lol

Jaden

Actually, yes they do. Have a citation to back up your Hoakum? If you're referring to the recent fund in Europe, one incomplete set of remains hardly counts

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

And let me know when you do your next Monte Carlo simulation so we can compare notes:

Kinetic Monte Carlo Modeling Extracts Information on Chain Initiation and Termination from Complete PLP-SEC Traces

Yoshi W. Marien†, Paul H. M. Van Steenberge†, Christopher Barner-Kowollik*‡§∥ , Marie-Françoise Reyniers†, Guy B. Marin† , and Dagmar R. D’hooge*†⊥

Complete pulsed laser polymerization (PLP) log-molar mass distributions (log-MMDs) are accurately simulated using kinetic Monte Carlo (kMC) modeling to gain not only knowledge on the propagation but also on the chain initiation and termination reactivity. The isothermal kMC model (306–325 K) accounts for diffusional limitations and all relevant elementary reactions, considering n-butyl acrylate, 2,2-dimethoxy-2-phenylacetophenone (DMPA), and a frequency of 500 s–1. The disparate reactivities toward vinylic bonds of the DMPA fragments are essential to ensure the well-defined multimodality of the log-MMDs necessary to identify consecutive inflection points. It is also illustrated that PLP log-MMD data can be used to test the validity of models for apparent termination rate coefficients at low monomer conversions and that kMC simulations are a powerful tool to track the chain growth of the different radical types between laser pulses and to identify dominant elementary reactions.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It's getting quite boring, isn't it? How about going back into your prehistoric cave. Fresh air doesn't seem to agree with you.

ESR dating of pleistocene mammal teeth and its implications for the biostratigraphy and geological evolution of the coastal plain, Rio Grande do Sul, southern Brazil
Author links open overlay panelRenato PereiraLopesaLuiz CarlosOliveirabAna Maria GracianoFigueiredocAngelaKino#aeOswaldoBaffabFrancisco SekiguchiBuchmannd

Abstract
The fossiliferous deposits in the coastal plain of the Rio Grande do Sul State, Southern Brazil, have been known since the late XIX century; however, the biostratigraphic and chronostratigraphic context is still poorly understood. The present work describes the results of electron spin resonance (ESR) dating in eleven fossil teeth of three extinct taxa (Toxodon platensis, Stegomastodon waringi and Hippidion principale) collected along Chuí Creek and nearshore continental shelf, in an attempt to assess more accurately the ages of the fossils and its deposits. This method is based upon the analysis of paramagnetic defects found in biominerals, produced by ionizing radiation emitted by radioactive elements present in the surrounding sediment and by cosmic rays. Three fossils from Chuí Creek, collected from the same stratigraphic horizon, exhibit ages between (42 ± 3) Ka and (34 ± 7) Ka, using the Combination Uptake model for radioisotopes uptake, while a incisor of Toxodon platensis collected from a stratigraphic level below is much older. Fossils from the shelf have ages ranging from (7 ± 1) 105 Ka to (18 ± 3) Ka, indicating the mixing of fossils of different epochs. The origin of the submarine fossiliferous deposits seems to be the result of multiple reworking and redeposition cycles by sea-level changes caused by the glacial–interglacial cycles during the Quaternary. The ages indicate that the fossiliferous outcrops at Chuí Creek are much younger than previously thought, and that the fossiliferous deposits from the continental shelf encompass Ensenadan to late Lujanian ages (middle to late Pleistocene).
Abbreviations
LGPLaboratório de Geologi

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Did someone just say Padawan?

Noinden,
Im the only master of the Padawan/s. Lol. [jokes].

Masterjaden,
I have an opening youngling, wanna be my Padawan #4?
(Master) Coomba.
edit on 11-9-2017 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
For the record, dinosaurs are still alive today.

More specifically, avian dinosaurs -- also known as birds -- are all over the damned place.

No other type of dinosaur has ever co-existed with hominids. No human fossils are found anywhere near the same strata where non-avian dinosaurs are found.

This is a really, really silly debate with people who either don't know anything about the myriad fields of science supporting this (everything from paleontology to geology to biology) or who purposefully choose to ignore it because of..... paradigms or something.

By the way, Paradigm makes a damned fine sounding set of speakers. Otherwise it's a really dumb word to use.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I love to rain on your parade as it suffers from the same unknown variables as all other super long range dating. We have a known measured sample of how things are of an extremely short duration. We have nothing to compare it to. Gravity levels, time dilation, erosion rates, accumluation rates.... They are ALL UNKNOWNS...

Not only are they unknowns, they are impossible to know...

Jaden

(post by Masterjaden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I love to rain on your parade as it suffers from the same unknown variables as all other super long range dating. We have a known measured sample of how things are of an extremely short duration. We have nothing to compare it to. Gravity levels, time dilation, erosion rates, accumluation rates.... They are ALL UNKNOWNS...

Not only are they unknowns, they are impossible to know...

Jaden

Your post reminds me of this from Billy Madison:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

MOD SNIP

If you have to broadcast such bold claims, they are most assuredly not true.
edit on 9/12/2017 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Was this ever proven fake?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
For the record, dinosaurs are still alive today.

I know at least two members right here on ATS who would agree 100% with that statement...

Numerous other credible eyewitness sightings back it up as well...

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Some years back, my brother and I saw something that could have been one of these. It was late at night (very common for us), and we were outside talking. Saw something really large (6-10 feet) flying around across the street. Both of us were, and are, quite familiar with various water birds, bats, birds of prey, etc, and this was none of those. Plus, there was something really menacing about it. It scared us both, and we didn't scare easily. That particular event has already been detailed to a researcher in the field, and should be in an upcoming book. Too many people report seeing these things to dismiss them out of hand.

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
They seem to be nocturnal, come out during night times only...I am based in Port Moresby city, so the guys who travel in from the bushes do tell of their tales it's alive and well here the stories sightings.

There was one incident sometime back were a guy got snatched by this thing, there are reports of survivors of this strange flying beasts, although I haven't come face to face with any of survivors yet. There is just too many witness accounts here to dismiss this flying monsters.

In 1944, in (Papua) New Guinea, Duane Hodgkinson and his friend saw a "pterodactyl" with a wingspan similar to a Piper Tri-Pacer (29 feet).

Mr. Hodgkinson said that he did not see any feathers. As far as I recall, he did not declare that there could not have been any; but he was quite close to the "pterodactyl" when it was running to get airborne: perhaps less than 100 feet away, for the two men and the creature were in the same clearing and that jungle clearing was only about 100 feet across.

This is one of many many eyewitness testimonies of pterodactyles in Paupa New Guinea with one including a whole village witnessing a pterodactyl grab a man, fly him up to a tree and start eating him. (Bats and birds don't normally do that do they?) Society wants to come out of its era of ignorant skepticism brought on by too much brainwashing from tv. Go invest in an education please your weighing us down

Shortly after World War II, as Western missionaries began to penetrate the deep jungles and remote islands of Papua New Guinea, stories of a flying creature called the Ropen ("demon flyer") began to be reported. Duane Hodgkinson was stationed northwest of Lae, near Finschaven, PNG as part of the Army cavalry in 1944. About noon one day in August he was walking down a trail through a clearing in the forest when he was startled by a crashing in the brush. As he watched a large bird-like creature ponderously rose from the ground, circled and flew away.

Hodgkinson, a pilot, estimated the wing-span to be about 20 ft. He clearly recalls the dark-gray coloration, long serpentine neck, beak, and distinctive head crest. Described as a nocturnal creature, the Ropen possesses two leathery wings like a bat, a long tail with a flange on the end, a beak filled with teeth, and razor-sharp claws. An intriguing sea chart dated 1595 warns mariners to beware of a variety of "sea monsters." It depicts two flying creatures with a long necks, headcrests, ribbed wings and fantastical tails (split on the end like a flipper) flying above the islands of New Guinea. One is even shown as having dermal bumps.

Three men describe the pterodactyl-like creature of Umboi Island, Papua New Guinea. They saw the giant ropen (about 1994) flying over Lake Pung.

I interviewed these three young men when I was exploring Umboi Island (Papua New Guinea) in 2004. Seven boys had hiked up to the crater lake (Pung) in about 1994 and they ran home in terror after seeing the giant ropen fly over the lake. I later wrote a book about the ropen.

My expedition on Umboi Island (2004) was just a few weeks before the Guessman-Woetzel expedition. (the real David Woetzel who is an explorer and had nothing to do with a video from a so-called "1924 expedition") I interviewed these three young native men myself and verified Gideon's integrity by testing him with two almost identical drawings.

Japanese World War II Ship Shelled Pterosaur Caves

Three days ago, I received an email from R.K. (anonymous), of the Manus Island area of Papua New Guinea. (We starting communicating earlier this month.) The nocturnal flying creatures that he described to me–I believe they are ropens–were common and were dangerous to local fishermen previous to the early 1940’s, when their numbers declined. In these northern islands, the creature is called “kor.”

Here is part of R.K.’s account of the Japanese retaliation against the creatures that had attacked them:

”...it was the japs [Japanese miliary] on the island who were attacked by the kor. They [Japanese soldiers] apparently shot several wounding them then followed them to cves [caves] and blew [blew up] the entrances. They called ships fire on the hills and pounded them for several hours.”

www.phantomsandmonsters.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join