It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Humans Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
(post by coomba98 removed for a manners violation)
(post by NoCorruptionAllowed removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's supposed to be a parody on whats the difference jokes. It's funny because it doesn't make sense and it confuses people. 

I guess this generation never watched Monty Python.
edit on 13-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have read the posts on ATS for several years, and have never joined. This conversation, or lack thereof, has inspired me to make my first post. I continue to be amazed at the plethora of ad hominem attacks and the continuous appeals to authority. I enjoy it when, rarely, someone adds new information to the argument. I'll add mine:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

I read an article that argues that certain species of birds should be classified as dinosaurs, and it's a good argument considering they have similar physiology. But I don't think cro-magnons had access to a DeLorean and a flux capacitor.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeshake
I have read the posts on ATS for several years, and have never joined. This conversation, or lack thereof, has inspired me to make my first post. I continue to be amazed at the plethora of ad hominem attacks and the continuous appeals to authority. I enjoy it when, rarely, someone adds new information to the argument. I'll add mine:
www.youtube.com...

I especially enjoy it when the proponents wave around pseudo-scientific degrees in support of pseudo-scientific concepts:

Don Patton is a young-earth creationist who, along with Carl Baugh, is known as a proponent of the claim that human footprints appear alongside dinosaur tracks in the Paluxy Riverbed of Glen Rose, Texas. Patton has claimed Ph.D. candidacy in geology from Queensland Christian University in Australia. According to Glen Kuban: When I asked Patton for clarification on this during the [1989 Bible-Science] conference, he stated that he had no degrees, but was about to receive a Ph.D. degree in geology, pending accreditation of QCU, which he assured me was "three days away." Many days have since passed, and Patton still has no valid degree in geology. Nor is the accreditation of QCU imminent. [4] Glen Kuban has written more extensively on Patton's claimed degrees in his articles on the Paluxy "man-tracks".
Some Questionable Creationist Credentials

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yeah, I rather enjoy the musical chairs routine YEC proponents play with their either non existent degrees or the degrees in a field completely unrelated to things they are attmpting(poorly at that) to refute with their own bat s# crazy appeal to authority routine and they eat it up because the person in question does indeed have a PhD but that degree has nothing to do with anything being discussed. With an Anthropology degree, I don't go around telling Physicists or Economics professors that they're wrong. I know a lot about specific things, mostly related to Pleistocene hominids. I know where my limits are and stick to the field that I studied. Whereas people associated with groups like ICR or AIG have no qualms whatsoever with walking in, saying I've got a PhD in applied physics so let me tell you what's wrong with evolutionary biology. Or a biologist trying to tell me why Geologists have it all wrong. It's a scam, a lie and it does a disservice to anyone that takes their studies seriously.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeshake

www.youtube.com...

I thought you said you were adding new information? This isn't new nor is it legitimate. But that's what happened when the dumbing down of America comes at the hands of YouTube because people perceive academia as a villain lol

The supposed human tracks have involved a variety of phenomena, including metatarsal dinosaur tracks, erosional features, and carvings. The largest number of "man tracks" are forms of elongate, metatarsal dinosaur tracks, made by bipedal dinosaurs that sometimes impressed their metatarsi (heels and soles) as they walked. When the digit impressions of such tracks are subdued by mud-backflow or secondary infilling, a somewhat human shape often results. Other alleged "man tracks" including purely erosional features (often selectively highlighted to encourage human shapes), indistinct marks of undertain origin, and a smaller number of doctored and carved tracks (most of the latter occurring on loose blocks of rock).

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Yeah, I rather enjoy the musical chairs routine YEC proponents play with their either non existent degrees or the degrees in a field completely unrelated to things they are attmpting(poorly at that) to refute with their own bat s# crazy appeal to authority routine and they eat it up because the person in question does indeed have a PhD but that degree has nothing to do with anything being discussed. With an Anthropology degree, I don't go around telling Physicists or Economics professors that they're wrong. I know a lot about specific things, mostly related to Pleistocene hominids. I know where my limits are and stick to the field that I studied. Whereas people associated with groups like ICR or AIG have no qualms whatsoever with walking in, saying I've got a PhD in applied physics so let me tell you what's wrong with evolutionary biology. Or a biologist trying to tell me why Geologists have it all wrong. It's a scam, a lie and it does a disservice to anyone that takes their studies seriously.
Yes, a post-secondary degree ought to indicate a broader ability to process information and conduct critical thought across the board. But I love to quote one of my favourite profs in saying that "As an epigrapher, Barry Fell was one heck of a marine biologist."
Kinda says it all.
edit on 13-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yeah, Barry was barely a hop, skip and a jump away from Sitchin in that regard. I'm sure that Sitchin was an adequate economist, but his skills at epigraphy were, like Fell's, somewhat lacking

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit or a place to bash/diss MeEmbers!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Trolling, And What To Do About It
Ad Hominem Attacks And You
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

Ok so what is that supposed to prove? Music affects individuals differently. I pesonally despise Jazz.

I take inspiration from the following videos. Many others will not (indeed months ago I posted it elsewhere on the net and because it was not "pretty" music they got upset.

I feel part your disconect with those not on your same path, is you assume we are all on the same wavelength.

But lets get back on topic here. Are you saying Homo Sapiens and dinosaurs co-existed? IF so why?
edit on 13-9-2017 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Other than this documentary

I would think skeletal remains of both would need to be found together.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Do NOT reply to this post!!

Can I refer to this post? I am but a humble shovelmonkey. In the words of the Prophet: "I drink, and I know things." There are lot of people here on this site that are more knowledgeable than me about the subject at hand. I'm talking about those with multiple degrees (pun intended) of formal education in archaeology and anthropology. It is frustrating to the point of snark that there are also those aboard who will equate the viewing of a YouTube presentation with years of study. We have apparently hit a new low in the appreciation of the sciences - aided by politicians who think that what one wants to believe, is equivalent to that which is. At least that's what they're trying to pitch.

Why? I'd say that casting doubt upon the scientific process makes it easier to sell Joe Sixpack things that are not good for him - fossil fuels, food additives, you name it...along with a social structure that enriches TPTB at the expense of the little guy while convincing him that it is all to his benefit. Malarkey sells and there are plenty of customers.

Archaeology is fun, and it's the most fun at its fringes. But that's where things get fuzzy, too, and it takes a discerning eye to determine what is, and what ain't. So whadya do? Most places have an archaeological society they generally have a public component. That can involve free lectures and even excavation opportunities that are designed for the layman. Aside from keeping one off the streets, it allows one to learn firsthand what the practice is all about and quite often puts you alongside some of the folks who write the textbooks.

Bottom line...rather than tell the experts what they're doing wrong based upon an imaginative website, go and check out the real deal and then make up your mind. Or pony up for a couple of pints...

edit on 13-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: mais oui

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ok so hopefully responding to your respond is ok as well?

While I am multiply degreed, its in Chemistry and Biochemistry (specifically bioinformatics). Bioinformatics contributes to these discussions as much as Archaeology, paleontology etc

I've found the problem in the west (in particular but not limited to the USA) is that Scientists and academics are suspect (for whatever reason) if Science contradicts what you believe. This is most evident with Antivaxers, creationists and Intelligent Design proponents, and those who think climate change is a hoax.

Thus when someone "in a white coat" says that XYZ is the likely explanation, if you dsiagree, even if you don't have evidence, you assume its the Scientist, not your own ideas, which are wrong.

I get a second strke, because I work in the Pharma industry (not even big Pharma, I'm part of the contract research and manufacture sphere, who works for start ups all the way to Big Pharma).

Its a known problem, that the masses will not trust an authority in a science saying something, if they don't like what we say.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Its a known problem, that the masses will not trust an authority in a science saying something, if they don't like what we say.

Archaeology is also a field that requires 'gatekeepers' because a lot of site information is, and should be, rated as sensitive in nature and disseminated on a need-to-know basis to discourage looting and such. That annoys the heck out of some people and they act accordingly. The answer is to 'democratize' it as much as possible without violating the integrity of the sites, though that will never be enough for some people.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes, in as much as birds are "dinosaurs," mankind has existed with them, and likes to shoot and eat them.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm told thta is very much sot the case. Its also an area where certain "first nations interests" will get in the way of "Science at all costs", as it should be IMHO.

I've found the biggest problem in these situations is a lack of critical thinking ability.

Viz

Did humans and Dinosaurs co-exist?

Facts:
Humans (lets limit to Homo sapiens for the sake of this thought experiment. Even then, oral traditions are not that good at data degradation
) existed for (say) 150 000 to 200 000 years, of which in Europe and South America its tens of thousands of years.

Dinosaurs, were largely wiped out in an extinction event around 65 million years ago. Small pockets survived for another 500 000 years. Evidence suggests certain dinosaur species survived, but evolved, we call them birds. DNA and Bioinformatical regressions suggest this strongly. Thus we know what happened to them. They are either birds or extinct.

Evidence for: Some odd carvings and paintings, which could be interpreted in a number of ways

Needed Evidence: Remains of said Saurians, which could be dated to show that they had overlapping timelines.

Actual Evidence: We don't have the needed evidence, we've never found anything like it. Scientists in academics can't help but publish, its how they progress in career. If it had been found, we'd know.

What does Critical thinking tell you?

Humans, and what we call dinosaurs did not have crossing timelines. Note even close.

What we do have is various peoples had the misfortune of crossing paths with megafuana birds such as Phorusrhacidae and the Moa of New Zealand. In the case of the Moa, the native New Zealanders (the Maori) ate them all, coupled with a problem with their eggs (incredibly fragile). Either way, big scary birds, could be a source of some of the paintings.

Sound reasonable?

Other answer: Young Earth Creationists suggest that the earth is not very old, and the "flood" wiped the dinosaurs out.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

then we have silly twits like Ken ham who think the dinos were along for the ride on the ark... then died afterwords

LMAO!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You know I recently saw a trailer for a documentary about this ....

In all seriousness, anyone who gives Ken Ham any credence ... deserves what they get from his "museum".

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join