It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange packages from china

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
every day last week i received strange packages from untraceable china post in the mail. I did not order anything and was not billed for anything.
4 packages in total . One each day. One was a tiny picture frame. Two packages were vinyl pictures of plants and the last one was a small green plastic cube with a metal clip attached. I also got a hand written card from Canada air post with a hand written note that said here is your postcard and an old postcard with nothing written on it. I live in New Jersey. When I googled strange packages from China surprisingly a lot of other people had the same thing happen to them. Any one have any experience with this?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE
UPS delivered a package of titanium bars to me once. They make great door stops.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Better than bills for stuff you didn't order. Haha. I wish I had your problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Once received a package of transistors from China. I never ordered them and there was no invoice/receipt or explanation as to why they were sent.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I read that this happens because the retailer is trying to make it seem like they have more online sales than they do, from sites similar to Amazon - Alibaba, Taobao.

So the seller sends these empty packages, so their site traffic/sales seem a lot higher than they really are.

Heres a Reddit post on the subject:

Reddit Link
edit on 11-9-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

interesting. thank you for helping me..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Got a box of watches sent to me with all invoices. Contacted buyer and seller and no one knew nothing. Cheap Swiss army brand, gave them to friends.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I might suggest another possibility.

A friend of a friend told me he purchased a small 'antiquity' from a foreign country...where exports are examined and packages are x-ray'd.

His small antiquity was received hidden in his package among a group of common small, recognizable tourist junk items.
These other cheap items were used to 'mask' his item from x-ray to get it into the country.

It is possible that these packages of junk are used for smuggling, where contraband items are removed en-route or in the post office...with the remaining package and masking items going on to it's random destination.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am just waiting for the "T1000 Pelvis breaker Latina edition" 8th gen sex doll to be wrongly delivered (new of course).. That will be the day to phone in sick to work and stock up on RedBull..

RA

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Lo mein and fried rice samples.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Have you been waiting on your order long?

ETA: Correction. I mean your "wrongly delivered" order, of course.

edit on 11/9/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No problem!

Im not saying this is for 100% certain.
But it seems to be the general consensus online as to why people are receiving all these mundane boxes from China.

Pretty sly on the sellers part IMO.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Tim Foil alert: Hope they're not radioactive or some other diabolical strategy.

Those titanium bars that the other poster received tho...nice.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982hopefully the doll will be set on stun

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I am just waiting for the "T1000 Pelvis breaker Latina edition" 8th gen sex doll to be wrongly delivered (new of course).. That will be the day to phone in sick to work and stock up on RedBull..

RA

TMI.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

UPS delivered break pads and cylinders to my house last week. I'm still waiting for them to pick them up.
Same house number different street.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

What's the point of that? They spend money on packaging and postage and get zero revenue.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Ew..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Money laundering....

"Sell" more packages, you can legally "earn" more money...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Did they come addressed to you, as in, with your name on the packages, or just your address? If the latter, perhaps someone listed the wrong one when placing orders. If addressed to you, no obligation to return them, or pay for them, if you didn't order anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join