It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Review: IT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thanks for the great review
Can't wait to see it. Star for you and the people mentioning Stand by Me and Shawshank too.
Love those movies.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Thanks, enjoy the film.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The new clown just isn't as scary as the old pennywise, or maybe it's just because I was scared #less of the old one as a kid when it came out in the late 80's

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I agree. I have not, I must admit, ever actually read the book, so I can't say if it was accurate there or not. As a movie, though, it was very good, and I am not a huge King fan. I like some of his stuff, and other not so much. This, though, is worth the ticket price. Quite creepy, and excellent acting, all around. Will have to locate a copy of the book, I think, instead of waiting for the next chapter, and might watch the original as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: intrepid

I haven't read the book, but from what I've heard it's one Stephen King's scarier books.

It's extremely rare for an adaptation to be better than the book too. Actually, has there ever been a time that a movie was as good or even better than the book?

I can name one, for the same author. Silver Bullet was far. far better than the book on which it was based!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

After watching the film, I was also compelled to want to read the book and re watch the original. Heck, I was even compelled to make a review..

I will definitely have to indulge myself in the book in the near future.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

After watching the film, I was also compelled to want to read the book and re watch the original. Heck, I was even compelled to make a review..

I will definitely have to indulge myself in the book in the near future.

I haven't seen the original, either, but think I will give it a go!

I didn't read the book because I was a but burned out on his stuff back then, and sick of how utterly weird some of it had become. The substance years, I think? Been told it was his "best book ever" by family members that liked his works, though, so will have to hunt one down. Sadly, we don't currently have a used bookstore locally, so that could be tough!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'd add The Shining and Green Mile to the list of excellent Steven King film adaptations.

But especially The Shining.
The Mist was great, Pet Semetary great, Dead Zone (Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen) is great..and so on
his work is pretty iconic I'd say, and plugs into that base fear.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tycho1987
The new clown just isn't as scary as the old pennywise, or maybe it's just because I was scared #less of the old one as a kid when it came out in the late 80's

Or it could be that Tim Curry played the original. One of the wold's best living actors.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought the film was very well done until I read from Fukanagas script and learned that the studio wanted younger friendlier film with lots of cheap scares.

"It" the being was the epitome of fear and terror and the film should have really taken you there and shown the horrors we face in reality especially when the characters went through child abuse, sexual abuse, and racism. Yeah I know theres only so much you can fit into a 2 hour film.

The film still isn't that faithful to the book and not even moreso than the miniseries. To me this Pennywise was scarier but the film really should have went all out instead of ignoring the better and creepier parts of the book.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ujjvala

I think having not read the book or having much memory of the original made me enjoy this movie much more. I viewed it as a stand alone and judged it as so. Maybe if I had read the book prior I might have felt much differently about the film, because that's the most common critisism I hear, are usually those that are well versed with story already.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I didn't read the book either nor seen the whole miniseries. I don't think I read a Stephen King book before. I read mainly excerpts and summaries and read the comparisons of the book vs tv mini vs film, and see the potential of what It could be. Maybe in the next remake 27 years from now.

a reply to: Ujjvala

I think having not read the book or having much memory of the original made me enjoy this movie much more. I viewed it as a stand alone and judged it as so. Maybe if I had read the book prior I might have felt much differently about the film, because that's the most common critisism I hear, are usually those that are well versed with story already.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
YEP

ITS OFFICIAL

IT 'the monster clown' is a Freemason

proof in the link

screenrant.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i watched last night
very good #ing horror movie
way better than the first one