It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary blames ‘millions of white people’ for election loss

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hillary lost because:

1. she was a terrible candidate

2. She is a globalist.

3. Up until her loss, she didn't value the white vote.

4. People viewed her as arrogant and corrupt, and lets not forget incompetent.

5. The DNC has been running an identity politics hate based platform for the past few years. See reason 3.

6. Too much baggage from the past.

7. And perhaps the most important one, she just wasn't likeable. She comes off as that mean lady everybody knows from somewhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tribal

I'm still not seeing that Clinton is BLAMING millions of White people for the loss, her statement is acknowledging that Trump appealed to White people.

Is that a problem?

Perhaps what is more important, is that she DIDN'T.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

See, all I have to say in response to this post of yours is "I agree."

Every Trump supporter is not a White Supremacist, but most White Supremacists are Trump supporters (at least, according to their own testimony.)

That's kind of like saying not all Yankee haters are Red Sox fans, but all Red Sox fans hate the Yankees. It's more surrounding a law of generalities than anything one can draw deep conclusions from. I think the white supremacist vote will always lie with whatever candidate panders to the minority Kept Voter the least. If this last election proved anything, it's the fact that the left has pondered too much and has caused the mainstream non-minority voter to view their policies negatively.

This has resulted in modern liberals changing further the definition of racism... a lot of what we're seeing called "white supremacy" today was just commonly held opinions 30 years ago. Take the illegal aliens argument for an example... even liberals believed in secure borders and deporting illegals in the 80s and 90s. Now if you call for the law to be enforced, you get accused of being a racist. Which, if I'm being honest here, is fine... the accusation has lost most meaning these days thanks to watered down histrionic accusations. At the rate we're going, in another 10 years the majority of America won't care if someone is labeled a racist because it will be relegated to the list of meaningless insults and snark.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

You have no proof that any Primary was rigged against Bernie Sanders.

2.8 million more Americans believed in Hillary than in Trump, since you're arguing for "what people wanted to hear" which is a popularity argument.

And as noted, there's no quote from Clinton in the OP "blaming" White people. Do you have one? Seems that this is yet another HOAX thread.

Congratulations . You have won the single most lame post of the day.
The Chair of the DNC had to resign over the DNC/Sanders affair
Yes , Hillary did win the Left Coast. But that is normal for every single Presidential race.
You skipped from the primaries to the General election . Why ?
I see it , why didnt you ?
Hoax , because you say so ?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
At the rate we're going, in another 10 years the majority of America won't care if someone is labeled a racist because it will be relegated to the list of meaningless insults and snark.

All yall living in 2017, im here in 2027 seeing it as a meaningless insult already.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hillary blames ‘millions of white people’ for election loss

The election strategy that cost her the presidency
"Some folks , if they dont know , you cant tell them" - Louis Armstrong

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

See, all I have to say in response to this post of yours is "I agree."

Every Trump supporter is not a White Supremacist, but most White Supremacists are Trump supporters (at least, according to their own testimony.)

Not every Democrat is anti-American, but most anti-Americans are Democrats.

That level of stupidity just gets deeper and deeper. I am not even American but damn...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I struggled to understand the importance of the Electoral College at first. I've come to understand it fully though over time.

Take Alaska as an example. As it is now, federal law and federal regulations are enforced here, but often make little sense when applied here.

Look at oil drilling and ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Reserve) for instance. The people who would have complete control and who frankly did have complete control in recent years would view it through a distorted lens. Someone not familiar would see the name "Wildlife Reserve" and think "on no, the Alaskans want to kill the cute little animals for oil. They would not understand that where the drilling would take place is a salt marsh on top of permafrost that is only inhabited by mosquitoes and would have zero impact on the "wildlife". Nor would they understand how important it is to Alaska's financial survival. They would not know the video shown to Congress of the area was actually filmed in a different location to hide the truth. In this case a lot of harm has been done by people who know nothing about the situation here.

Now with Trump in office, that might change and it might be possible to turn that around, get the truth in the mix and help Alaska survive. Were it not for the Electoral College, that would never happen. That's just one example.

City dwellers, beyond what they see on TV or while passing through on vacation, have no concept of what the needs of rural States are, nor is it important to them. To them it's just those Alaskans, in a State where 90% of the land has never had a human footprint, want to hurt the little animals as they vote from area's where they have actually destroyed the local environment themselves.

Should the large cities have a stranglehold on politics and the rural people gagged and placed in the corner like they don't matter? I think that's the exact sort of thing that was on the minds of those designed the process. At least this way rural States have at least a chance.

It's not California, it's the huge cities that would have too much control while rural folks needs would be ignored. If not for how the votes work, politicians would need only pander to the large cities and could completely ignore those not in them.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If individual rights are the highest value in a constitutional republic, then all individuals should be equally treated in those rights, yes? Like the right to vote? How is that possible if one American's vote (because we're talking about the only NATIONALLY elected figure) counts more than another American's vote?

If the INDIVIDUAL is the greatest unit of worth, then why is the geographic happenstance of a STATE more important?

"Railroaded with the mob rule" ... that's a good one. Very rhetorical.

And the fact of the Electors is that they are ALSO based on population or else, why would Wyoming have 3 votes and California 55?

If the individual will is the greatest good, then each individual should have the same chance to exercise their will and have that count, right?

And the President addresses the challenges in Wyoming differently than in CA/LA? Or is that the function of the Congress? specifically, the House of Representatives and the Senate?

There is no reason to "disincentivise" rural life, indeed. That's why there's a local and a State government "set between" rural Americans and the Federal. And, vice-versa.

There's no perfect system until humans are perfect.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I agree with you about the level of stupidity; for example, I made a statement that can be proven, you expressed a belief based opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
She obviously can't, or has not, looked in a mirror. And obviously can't understand, it ain't about "skin colors", ("colours", if you're actually "English".) She could've had an excellent/beautiful tan and still would've lost/been rejected. She, like many other pretty ladies, opened her mouth, started talking,.. and became hideous. She has no one to blame, but herself.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time some wise-acre gave me an "award" for something on here, I could buy a nice piece f bubble-gum .... probably sour grape.

I'm waiting for you or anyone else to prove that any Primary election, run by the State governments, was somehow corrupted by the DNC against Sanders. The rest of your babble is scattered and meaningless, as usual.

Focus: prove the Primaries were rigged.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

You have no proof that any Primary was rigged against Bernie Sanders.

2.8 million more Americans believed in Hillary than in Trump, since you're arguing for "what people wanted to hear" which is a popularity argument.

And as noted, there's no quote from Clinton in the OP "blaming" White people. Do you have one? Seems that this is yet another HOAX thread.

The amount of people means absolutely jack squat in a presidential election. Trump won the majority of states so grow up and deal with it because We sure as hell are tired of listening about California's votes. Oh and before Your info the election was already won before California was even counted so Your votes don't mean squat.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I agree with you about the level of stupidity; for example, I made a statement that can be proven, you expressed a belief based opinion.

That is a lie, you can't even prove who a Trump supporter is further than them actually admitting it. Don't play semantics games.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Gun control is the perfect example of the lack of understanding of rural life. And i've mentioned the dangerous animals like bobcats, mountain lions, coyotes, bears, badgers, wolverines, etc.

Today I took my little 12 year old rat terrier to the vet. She had 2 dislocated knees due to running in the back yard and stumbling into a hole dug by an armadillo. I've done the gamut to keep the bastard out of the yard (i was worried about the holes tripping up my elderly mother). Because I live in a "city" (loose application of the term, honestly...most folks treat this like the country and you can hear gun fire frequently while folks target shoot and/or hunt), i chose to use an air rifle (.22 pellet, 1250FPS...it'll do the job). Point being, however, the dangerous animals aren't just predators. The damage done by non predatory animals in more rural areas is very real, and cost my baby girl dearly yesterday when she hurt herself. Crushed my heart to witness it, actually. She is a good dog that doesn't deserve to suffer like that.

Dealing with stray cats and dogs just isn't the same as having wild animals coming into your yard and causing destruction. Trying to explain this type of stuff to urbanites when they ask, "Why does anyone need a gun in the modern era" is almost impossible at worst, and at best only gets a dismissive "Im not talking about that".

But if you are making it federal law, that is exactly what you are talking about. Forcing me to live out here as if the police will come save my kids from a mountain lion before they are dead.
edit on 9/11/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Individual rights can never been maintained so long as there is a mob that would over rule said rights.

Like you say: humanity is imperfect. Were it not so, anarchy would be the only logical choice, as people would act appropriately on their own. It'll never happen, though, without something to force an actual mental hive among humanity (technology) that would over ride independant thought.

So until then, we are left with trying to make the best we can. For now, that is the electoral college. It will likely change, as urban centers drive culture in the US, and that will change the urban vs rural dynamics (barring a "tent revival" atmosphere that causes people to return to their roots again). I, for one, think we should encourage rural life. When the city slickers crash the economy with all their pork, it'll be the country folks that keep things alive in the country. Without us, you wouldn't even be able to drive from one city to the next. We maintain your roads to get there. So next time you get that Amazon order, thank a bumpkin for making it happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Blaine, I'm going to be honest ... I'm not against the EC at all. But your example, while obviously knowledgeable and detailed, gets to a point where it seems to me you pull the deus ex machina of "and that's why we need the Electoral College and Donald Trump."

I would hazard even further to say that someone living in the rural areas of Georgia has no idea what folks in rural Alaska face (and vice-versa). Should "large cities have a stranglehold"? Absolutely not ... but simply because more people live in urban centers doesn't mean they always vote in a block.

To be honest, I don't believe our current situation was even imaginable to the authors and signers of the Constitution. The best they could do was give us the power to amend that document to deal with changing times.

And that said, again ... I don't have a problem with our method of doing things. I haven't said one time that Hillary Clinton should have won the election, although, whenever anyone points out anything about the actual numbers in the Election, that's what the "right-wingers" pile on with.

The same "right-wingers" who want to change the Electoral College when it DOESN'T benefit them. Like Donald Trump in 2012 who claimed that the EC was "horrible for democracy."

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

BS:

As the official start of the “Unite the Right” rally kicked off in Charlottesville, Virginia, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the gathering of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and far-right individuals pointed to a future fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country,” said Duke in video uploaded to Twitter by Indianapolis Star photojournalist Mykal McEldowney. “We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

Source

By the time Richard B. Spencer, the leading ideologue of the alt-right movement and the final speaker of the night, rose to address a gathering of his followers on Saturday, the crowd was restless.

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. Mr. Spencer called out: “Hail Trump! Hail our people!” and then, “Hail victory!” — the English translation of the Nazi exhortation “Sieg Heil!” The room shouted back.

Alt-Right Gathering Exults in Trump Election With Nazi-Era Salute

And so on.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I've definitely come to believe the Electoral College was a stroke of genius.

I can't imagine taking a walk through Brown Bear country without my revolver on my side. It would be stupid in fact and clearly it's not something any urbanite would understand fully.

The equal vote argument fails to take in the larger picture of the concept of States being more like a group of countries with differing needs and different cultures. What works in NYC clearly is irrelevant to what works in Homer, Alaska. If anything the Federal Government has gone way beyond what was intended.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You know I agree that protection of individual rights is one of the main functions of government. However, individuals are not protected from "mob rule" by the Electoral College or by the President. That's pure rhetoric.

The entire structure of our government, three branches, checks and balances, national/State/local spheres of power are what protects the individual's rights.

Anarchy would work with a much, much, much smaller population ... but that's beside the point.

Again, I'm not an opponent of the EC, but there are those who are when the results don't satisfy them.

I've lived between the city and the country all my life, Texan. I know where my bread is buttered.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join